pastel

morning coffee, luscious warm blankets and you.

 

 

With Jae, everything feels new and shiny. Like the tags are still attached.

(based on some random prompts that i found on tumblr)

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

It's small things that get him, still.

Brian isn't new to dating, not at all. He used to date few girls back on Canada. And yet, with Jae, everything seems new. Shiny. Like the tags are still attached.

He keeps discovering new things, but mostly it's noticing things that have always been there in a new way. The way his throat moves when he swallows. The way the light bounces off his hair, his eyelashes. The way he laughs when he is excited over small things. None of it comes as surprise to him, none of it is unfamiliar they have live in the same dorm for five years afterall. But it's still all new to him, somehow. He's adjusting.

Jaehyung - he isn't used to dating and he, too still ensure, nervous and bouncier than usual, like he's ready to flee any moment, but for him it's - it's easier. He's falling into it like it's natural, like it's what he's been waiting for his whole life. His hands are getting so sure when they trace Brian's jaw and the back of his hands like they're meant to be right there, to mold around the shapes of him, the bumps and ridges of his jaw and Brian is falling so hard but in a completely different way, he's spiralling right out of control and it's terrifying.

And he does like it - the heady feeling of sinking into the, let's say the vanilla bean scented bubbles of love, or being tangled up with Jae and his too-long limbs on the couch or in a bed ten minutes before he wakes up and how he can't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that they're sharing a bed and body heat, and clothes, most of the time, and it makes him want to cry or punch stuff or bite his knuckles until they bleed or stand in the shower for an hour wishing he could scrub Jae from underneath his skin and wash him down the drain, feel the water run cold, turn the shower off, have breakfast with the rest of the members, pretend that everything is normal. But he doesn't. The alarm rings and Jae's head lift up from the pillows and he's beautiful and Brian want to kiss him but he doesn't because Jae doesn’t like to be kissed before he brushes his teeth and damn, he makes Brian's heart hurt without doing anything. The moment passes. Brian smiles. Jae doesn't but that's alright. He will after his breakfast. By then he will also kiss Brian. The thought makes him smile harder.

It's like those love song he likes, the ones he listens  to because he likes the beat but nowadays he's listening to the lyrics and signing along with every word his heart sings, " I love you i love you I love you", and his mouth sings "every day since I met you" and Jae will be likes " I'm scared that you will write cheesy love song for our next comeback " but then Brian continues " how did i ever get so lucky " and Jae is all " well I know that I perfect" with his soft smiles and soft eyes and then Brian is all over him and then they usually on the floor on or a couch or on any other available horizontal surface because Brian thinks that if he doesn't do something he might explode from how much he loves this boy, and Jae loves him back fiercely, with his eyes and hands and mouth and every last bit of his heart and it feels so beautiful.

Jae is pastel if Brian needs to describe him in one word. The way Jae smiles softly and make people around him can't help to smile too. His soft heavenly voice that will never fail to make Brian feels a butterfly on his stomach every time when he listens to Jae singing. The way Jae always positive about everything that Brian used to envy during their trainee time, but now that is one of the reason why he love Jae. Even the way Jae always messed up with his Korean skills is adorable in Brian eyes.

Because,

Jae, with his glowing personality, mellifluous voice and ethereal beauty is so pastel.

He doesn't think Jae has noticed, with the effort he's put it to being casual about it. He isn't dumb, but he can be a little oblivious, and he doesn't want to say he's glad, because Jae deserve to be loved freely, openly, passionately, without ulterior motives and every time Jae looks surprised when he kisses him every little scrap of love he could get and keep for himself his whole life and he just doesn't want to be another " maybe if you deserve it I will love you right" to him, but. It always come down to a But. 'But' he's scared of what people will think they are public figure after all'. ' But he's scared of what other members will think'. Maybe both of them just want to keep this part of their relationship to themselves for now. He doesn't mind if that's mean he only can steals a glance at Jae when there are in public or doing fanservice for the sake of their Jaehyungparkian ship.

Because after all he knows Jae love him too.

When one day, Jae suddenly muttered “Hey, I don’t know how to said this but Brian, I love you a lot and more than just friend.”

Brian is taken aback, of course he is taken aback both of them are playing fifa right now and Jae randomly confessed his feelings toward him.It's could be he is daydreaming or Jae indeed being serious.

“Are you trying to distract me or are you serious?”

Jae only laughs before put his console on the floor and sit in front Brian.

“Why should I joking about this Brian? I means, I’m maybe pretty oblivious about some things but I know that I love you and----“

Brian can’t help it, hegrab Jae’s wrist and pulling he closely to him, laying a hand on his check. Their lips meet. Jae froze for a second but did not pull away, and the he relaxed an let Brian kiss him. Jae tastes like a sweet coffee, maybe from a cup of latte that he drinks during the breakfast or maybe Brian love how sweet and comforting feels he got from kissing Jae.

 

Love tends to do that, he supposes- it make you soft. Easy to surprise.

Jae. His smile, his smile, his kiss and his touch. All soft. All lovely and all pastel

 

Jae is pastel and Brian love that fact.

 

*

 

This is lacking fluffly worthy stuff, but I write this chapters as prequel of others oneshot that I will add so hopefully I can add the next chapter as soon as possible!

Also feel free to give any comment or suggestion or you guys cand send me any idea or request at my tumblr http://kingjoonyoung.tumblr.com/ask

 

Thanks for reading!