Chapter One

Boys Academy: Learning

It was scalding in the classrooms of Nabi Arts Academy.  Students lay their heads on  desks, exhausted from the heat. Layers of uniforms were draped over chair backs, even the teacher was slumped over in front of the class. The faint smell of sweat hung in the air but this was no shock to anybody who frequented the building because after all it was an all boys high. This particular room was in the Southern end of the campus and all the windows faced East. It was the morning time now and not many trees stood tall enough to shade the outside wall of the class so this was the hottest room at the time.

 

One of the boys raised their hand. His hands were big and manly, along with his arms. This wasn't unusual though because Park Chanyeol was among the tallest in the class so of course he would be big in every way. The teacher was too busy dripping with sweat to notice the hand raised before him. Chanyeol spoke out after a while of waiting.  

 

“Teacher are we gonna learn anything anytime soon? Because if not I would like to go home and sit in front of my box fan. It's hot as balls in here” He stated.

 

This caused a ruckus. The class lifted their heads and while some boys snickered, most of the boys looked at Park in awe.

 

Did he just say that?

 

The small boy beside Chan locked eyes with the bigger. The boy reached out and thumped his bestie hard on the arm. Chanyoel and Beakhyun had been friends for years but Beakhyun hontesly did not know why this beast of a boy couldn’t separate wrong from right. He sometimes even questioned why he hung out with Chanyoel.   

 

What was he thinking?

 

“Ow! Baek!” Chan cried out.

 

Chanyeol rubbed his arm while pouting and didn't notice the teacher in front of him.

Smack!

The teacher slammed his hands down on the desk before him, startling Chanyoel and the class as well.  

 

“Mr. Park I know the temperature is higher than usual but there is no need to insult my lesson plans”

 

Oh… Chanyeol knew what he did now.

 

“No, sir! I wasn't insulting you!” He told his elder.

 

The teacher looked at him with a red face.

“Just awaiting the time for when you share your knowledge so I can it all up!” He added.

 

The whole class knew Chanyeol wasn't the brightest person on the earth, or in this class room really, but non of them expected him to be this hard headed. Meanwhile Baekhyun, face palmed so hard his IQ dropped 3 points.

Giggles were rising up from the students but the loudest laugh came from the back of the classroom. The seal-like noise was being emitted from a dark haired boy named Jongin, his friends called him Kai. Jongin was friends with Chanyeol and Baekhyun so it didn't bother Chan as much as if it were one of the other boys.

Even though they were all in the same grade not all of the boys were friends, and considering the small size of their graduating class you would think they all know each other. The first year class in this school consisted of only 39 people. The reasoning behind such small classes is because this was an all boys arts high school. Only the talented are excepted in and not many boys are passionate enough about music to audition for a school. Joining a school dedicated to performing also comes along with some baggage and definitely if it's for all guys.

 

A list of some that comes along with an Art High:

  • Leaving your friends behind to pursue your dreams

  • The names (Gay, Snotty, ect.)

  • The stress of keeping up grades and excelling in your art

  • Finances

 

Bring!

The bell rang out through the halls with a bright tone. The sound of shuffling papers and feet broke the hot gaze of the teacher’s eyes on Chanyeol’s puppy dog face. He returned to his desk without a word while Baekhyun helped Chan with his bag.

 

“You should think more about the noises you make with that mouth of yours! Truly Channie!” Baek whispered harshly while throwing his bag over his shoulder and gathering an envelope off his desk.

The red paper stood out from his pale skin. It was hard not to notice. Chanyeol noticed it.

 

“What's that?” He asked, jestering to the package.

 

Baekhyun looked it over and shrugged. He found it in his locker this morning and just thought it was either a late birthday card from his friend Luhan or an invite to a party.

 

“Not sure,” He said looking at Chanyeol.

 

“Might be an invitation?”

 

Baekhyun didn't think it much but, Chanyeol's heart felt a little sad.

How come I wasn't invited?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Here's Hoseok!” The sunshiny boy yelled.

 

Hoseok popped down in his seat and turn around to find his beloved friend Namjoon bent over his papers. He plucked the pen out of his pal’s hand (that he was scribbling with so furiously) and lay it beside the torn and tattered notebook in front of Nam. The boy who Hosek has so rudely interrupted looked up with fire in his eyes.

 

“What’s up, Hoseok?” Joon asked.

Hoseok smiled wide, he loved it when Namjoon and himself had their morning chats before History class.

 

“Not much man just sweating my off” He replied.

 

The blonde boy chuckled down at his note book.

 

“Hobbi I hate to inform you but you don't have ”

 

Hoseok looked at his classmate with a scrunched up face. Both of the boys laughed, but

after a while the other boy looked down at his notes.

 

“Namjoon!” Hoseok wined.

 

He looked up.

 

“I'm right here no need to yell, gesh” He chuckled.

 

“Don’t overwork yourself too much, Joonie. We are young so you need to have some fun while you still can. I’m sure you won’t fail school if you just take one day off.”

 

Nam gave him a smug look, Hoseok stuck out his tongue in response. Namjoon started studying again but this time in the back of his head he couldn't help but wonder about Hoseok. His jokes were childish but so funny at the same time. It was actually puzzling to Namjoon that Hoseok was his friend. I mean Hoseok is a naturally likeable person who is so sunny, but Namjoon is always told by people that he is very intimidating. Nam didn't mean to be intimidating! He tried to smile at people but they always looked so scared so he stopped doing that. Plus, Hoseok was coordinated but Namjoon couldn't even put on sunglasses with out breaking them. The harder Nam thought the more he didn't understand.

 

The boy broke his deep concentration when he felt a light tap on his shoulder.

 

Ppsstt!

 

He felt the tap again, “Hey, Hey Namjoon!” a voice from behind him whisper shouted.

 

Namjoon turned around, a bit startled, because last time he checked no one sat behind him. When his eyes landed on the frame sitting in the desk his eyes narrowed. It was his friend Jimin and by the looks of it he was probably going to ask for the homework answers he didn’t do. Again. Namjoon didn’t mind giving him the answers though because he knows what it’s like for Jimin at home, but hey at least he attempts the questions. Namjoon couldn’t imagine having a family like Jimin’s.

 

The red haired boy started to speak again, “Can I see 12, 17, and 19? Please Nam- “ he was cut off by the papers his friend basically shoved in his mouth.

 

“Ow! Be careful! You could have gave me a paper cut, and all the girls would hate you because you ruined my pretty face.” Jimin joked.

 

“What girls?” Someone said from their side.

 

The boys both looked up at the person sitting down in the desk beside them. Namjoon chuckled and Jimin slapped his arm whilst staring daggers.

 

“Oh ha-ha very funny Suga” Jimin said sarcastically.

 

The pink hair boy unpacked his stuff and shrugged with a sly smile. He was a friend of Jimin, Namjoon, and Hoseok. Suga’s real name was Yoongi but they nicknamed him Suga because his pale skin was as white as sugar. But this boy was far from sweet. The only time he even looked the least bit innocent was when he was sleeping and that was often. The rest of the time he is the master of shade and a total savage but is mostly it’s just his honesty. To sum him up: Doesn’t give a single , and is the swaggiest.

 

When the teacher walked in the whole class went silent. The students said Good morning and then started work. The whole class period consisted of packet work, reading the History book, and occasionally waking a sleepy Yoongi. Towards the end of class Hoseok was passed a note that read:

maybe I could use a day off… are you free this weekend? - joon

 

Hoseok turned around and nodded his head ‘yes’ at the friend behind him. Namjoon looked up to see the bright smile in front of him and assumed the boy had gotten his note. He smiled back and mouthed the words “I’ll will text you about it later”. Hoseok gave him a thumbs up and turned back around. After a couple more minutes of work the bell rang and students packed up. Jimin, Suga, Hoseok, and Namjoon waited by the door for each other then headed towards the quad for lunch where they would meet up with their friends Jin, V, and Jungkook.

Trees lined the walkway to the quad and the leaves rustled in the breeze. The wind blew a hot gust of dry air into the face of Suga, making him realise how parched he was. He reached into his bag for the water he packed but to his surprise it wasn’t there.

 

Awe man!  

 

“Water,” He mumbled while turning around and walking back to class.

 

Yoongi was too tired to form a whole sentence, let alone walk back to class. But it didn’t really matter what he said because the boys didn’t hear him anyway. Being thirsty was something he could not stand though so he had to go back before it drove him mad. Slowly making his way to his water bottle that he could already taste, Suga thought about his composition project due in Music theory class next week. He had been staying up all night for the past week trying to write this song but he hated how the guidelines limited him on what he actually wanted to do, he was stumped.

 

When he snapped back to reality he was already at the class door. His water was placed right next to the desk he sat in. Suga could feel the sweet coolness on his tongue by just looking at it.

He walked over to the bottle of joy and picked it up, untwisted the cap, and drank it down. The cool liquid rushed down his throat. With a relieved moan he plopped down in his seat and lay his head down, a little dizzy from lack of oxygen.

 

“Woozi?” a voice asked from the door.

 

He didn’t raise his head but thought to himself,

 

Just a bit.