~ Final: Part 2 ~

Torn Love

[Jaebum's POV]

I woke up to find myself staring at a blank ceiling. My head was pounding, where was I? What had happened? The last thing I can remember was seeing Jo-Ie in the middle of the road. Wait! Is Jo-Ie ok? What happened to her?! I blinked a couple of times and looked around. "Hello? Is anyone there?!" I shouted out as I looked around the hospital room. I looked at the drip in my arm and held my head as it was constantly banging. The room didn't look like a normal hospital room. It looked more warming, more comfortable… like a hotel room…?

 

There was a sofa and chairs with a coffee table in one corner, some kitchen counters with a sink and fridge in another and two doors; one leading to a bathroom and one to outside I'm guessing? The walls were a soft brown colour with paintings hanging from the walls. I looked in front of me to find a large mirror in the wall. I frowned and sighed as I laid back down. "Is anyone there?!" I called out again. But there was no response. "Is Jo-Ie ok? Can someone help me?!" I called out for the third time, but raising my voice slightly.

 

I sighed and swung my legs out of bed, I sorted out my drip line and pulled along the drip stand alongside side me as I looked around the room in more detail. I looked inside the bathroom then made my way towards the other door. I pulled down the handle and pulled it towards me. But no use. It didn’t budge. I frowned and pulled down the handle against but pushed it this time. No use again. Was it locked? I complained and turned around, making my way back towards the centre of the room. “Why is the mirror so big..?” I wondered to myself as I made my way towards it. I sighed and pressed my hand against the mirror, “Is anyone there? Can you tell me about Il Jo-Ie? Is she here too?!” I asked them

 

[Soo-Jin's POV]

I pressed my hand against the one way mirror onto Jaebum’s hand as I looked straight at him. I sighed and bowed my head down. He kept whining and calling for Jo-Ie. I didn't know he was like this. I didn't know he was suffering like this. Why didn't I see this before? It was all my fault. Did I not show him enough love? "Is someone there? Can someone tell me how Il Jo-Ie is? I see the camera up there! Tell me how she is! I don't want her to leave me again!" Jaebum pleaded as he sat back on the bed and pointed towards the camera in the corner of the room. I tried to hold back my tears as I pressed my head against the glass. He couldn't see me, but I could see him. And it was killing me. I couldn't take it anymore.

 

I had left the small observation room and was heading towards Jaebum's personal psychiatrist, Dr. Jung. When Jaebum saw Jo-Ie in the middle of the road, he didn't get hit by a car luckily but he ended up fainting in the middle of the road. He was taken to a psychiatrist hospital where we were now until he was admitted into the ward for treatment. I reached Dr. Jung's office and knocked on the door a couple of times before I heard him call me in. "Ah! Soo-Jin it's nice to meet you again." He told me as he showed me to the chair behind his desk. I greeted him and sat down as he returned back to his chair. I had met him once before when Jaebum was sent here after he fainted.

 

"What is happening to Jaebum?" I asked Dr. Jung as I sighed. I still didn't understand this whole situation. I didn't want to believe it either.

"Jaebum-shi is suffering with schizophrenia. He is showing signs of having hallucinations so he is seeing and hearing things which do not existing. In Jaebum’s case, this is a woman called Il Jo-Ie?” Dr. Jung began explaining to me.

“His ex-girlfriend. She died four years ago in a car accident.” I told him as I bowed my head.

“Ah I see. Jaebum told me that Jo-Ie appeared two years ago. Was there anything that may have trigger her appearance?" Dr. Jung asked me. I thought for a while.

 

Something that happened two years ago which had something to do with Jo-Ie...

"Ah! I remember. Jo-Ie died from a car accident. They recovered her body but only managed to recover her car two years ago from the side of the mountain because it was too dangerous, and they sent all of her belongings which were found to Jaebum." I told him. He nodded and scribbled down in a file on his desk.

"What will happen to him?" I asked Dr. Jung as I sighed deeply.

"We will run a few more tests and I will have more interviews with him. Based on what I have so far, I believe his schizophrenia is becoming more severe as he is seeing Jo-Ie more often, and after the event which has happened, Jaebum may be risking his own safety. So will probably have to admit him into the ward where he will receive treatment in the form of medication and behavioural therapy." He explained to me. I bowed my head and I couldn't contain my tears no longer. I began crying and Dr. Jung stood to console me.

 

"Don't worry Soo-Jin-shi. We will help Jaebum. After I have ran more rests I will be able to determine the cause of Jaebum's schizophrenia. But currently it is looking like it is because he has yet to accept Jo-Ie's death, and her belongings which he had been given may have brought back memories and caused Jo-Ie to appear." Dr. Jung told me as he passed me a tissue box before he sat back down.

 

I nodded to him, "It would make sense since she went missing, and he thought she had ran away from him but then he was told she had died from a car accident." I told him. He nodded to me and made some more notes.

"When I spoke with him first, he did mention you Soo-Jin. Even though he probably keeps asking about Jo-Ie, he also asked about you. He does love you Soo-Jin. That's why you are going to be an important figure in his recovery." Dr. Jung explained to me. I nodded and sighed again.

 


 

6 months later:

[Soo-Jin's POV]

I leant against the balcony as I looked down at the large community room in the psychiatrist hospital. Jaebum was busy talking to a couple of other men who looked around his age. I smiled and watched him closely. "He looks like he is getting on well, right?" I heard someone say at the side of me. I stood up properly and looked to my side to see Dr. Jung. I bowed my head to greet him before turning back to watch Jaebum again.

"How is he getting on?" I asked Dr. Jung. I visited every month to see Jaebum, but I didn't see him directly. I only watched him from a distance; sometimes he saw me, sometimes he didn't.

 

"He is making good and steady progress. Jo-Ie is still here, but she doesn't very often now. He is making good progress." Dr. Jung told me. I thanked him and smiled as I watched Jaebum. He was smiling and laughing. He just looked like his usual self. But that was what he looked like before I found out. Just like himself. I would have never expected this to happen. No one expects this to happen. As I watched Jaebum, he stopped talking and looked behind him. He said something and then turned back around. But as he looked around, he glanced up and noticed me.

 

"Oh! Annyeong!" He mouthed to me as a smile grew on his face. I waved to him and he waved back to me. But then he looked back around and said something again. It must be Jo-Ie. He looked at me with a guilty face and I smiled to him, showing him I was strong but inside I was actually breaking down.

"Go! Go!" I mouthed to him as I smiled. He smiled and wandered across to the other side of the room. He held out his hand then began walking around. He must be walking with Jo-Ie and holding her hand. I bowed my head and turned around.

 

"Don't worry Soo-Jin-shi. He is making steady progress. It may not seem like it, but he is." Dr. Jung reassured me. I thanked him and bowed my head to say goodbye to him. It seemed like my cue to leave, before I left I glanced back round at Jaebum. He had a big grin on his face as he was laughing and talking. I smiled slightly before turning back around and making my way down the corridor. I'm still here Jaebum, I will always be here. Here to support you, look after you and love you.

 


 

1 Year later:

[Jaebum's POV]

I was busy talking to the guests as I glanced at Soo-Jin. She looked around and caught eye contact with me. We smiled happily to each other before continuing to talk to our guests. It was the after party of our wedding. It had been a year since I had been discharged from the psychiatric hospital and we had just got married. Jo-Ie wasn't here anymore and my focus was on Soo-Jin, and Soo-Jin only. We had said our vows and promised to be with each other forever, and this is a promise which we will both keep. We will have children in the future and create a big family together. Just the two of us, and hopefully two sons and a daughter. But let’s not mention that to Soo-Jin yet.

 

I looked around the large garden behind the pension which we had got married in. But as I looked around something caught my eye. I glanced back to find Jo-Ie stood behind a tree, smiling to me. I bowed my head and rubbed my eyes constantly. No. This can't be. I glanced back up. She was still there. Stood behind a large tree, smiling directly at me. "Excuse me." I told a couple of my guests. They nodded to me as I made my way across the garden towards Jo-Ie. She began wandering away, leading me out of the crowd to somewhere quiet.

 

"I thought you had left!" I cried out as we stopped beside a small river, we were out of the crowd and out of sight of everyone else. She turned around and stepped closer to me. I closed my eyes and sighed as she placed her hand on my cheek and it gently with her fingers. I placed my hand on top of hers but then shook my head. "What are you doing here? You can't be here Jo-Ie! I got better! I got better and you left!" I cried out again.

"I am leaving. I came to see you one last time Jaebum." Jo-Ie said. I frowned to her and she smiled.

"You don't need me anymore. You have Soo-Jin. I need to leave. So you can be happy." She told me as tears began to escape from my eyes.

"Don't cry. I'll always be in here." She said as she placed her hand on my heart. I nodded to her as I cried and hugged her tightly.

 

"Goodbye Im Jaebum." She said as she pulled away from my hug.

I stepped away and looked at her, "Goodbye Il Jo-Ie." I told her as I bowed my head and began crying even more. I stood looking at the ground crying as I felt warm arms wrap around me. I was pulled closer and my head buried into her neck. Kim Soo-Jin. I wrapped my arms around her as she hugged me tightly and the back of my head. "I love you Jaebum." She said softly. I brought my head up and she wiped my tears away. I took her hands and held them tightly.

"I love you too Kim Soo-Jin."

 


 

Author's note:

I hope you enjoyed the 2 part one shot my lovelies. It is my first time writing a story which is psychological based, so I hope it was ok! Thank you for reading, and I would love to see your comments! Please subscriber and upvote if you liked it! I would appreciate it! Also, if you enjoyed this story, I also have other GOT7 stories:

Love Control - Story, 25 chapters (Mains - Mark & Jackson)

1 Step Back, 2 Steps Forward - Oneshot (Main - Junior)