Saranghae...

Mianhae...

   Yoongi stared around, taking in his surroundings. He hadn’t been to an amusement park in years, and this one was completely different. It was new and loud, with big rollercoasters, and rides that made Yoongi’s stomach hurt just looking at them. Yugyeom jumped up and down beside him excitedly. It was the boy’s 17th birthday, and he finally got to go to the new-in-town amusement park, Scream! (he had been begging his parents for months). Their friends had originally planned on coming along, but at the last minute, “regretfully” informed Yugyeom that, for varying reasons, they couldn’t go.

 

    “I’m a little sad the other boys couldn’t go, but I’m happy you’re here.” Yugyeom hugged his hyung’s arm and looked up at him with a shining smile. Yoongi met his eyes, and his heart skipped a beat. But before he could say anything, Yugyeom took off, dragging Yoongi by the hand. “Let’s go on Lightning Storm! It’s the biggest, fastest rollercoaster in the park!” Despite Yoongi’s futile protests, he allowed the younger to pull him into the line for the ride. Yugyeom bounced on the balls of his feet, while Yoongi mentally thanked heaven it was just the two of them. He did NOT want the other boys to witness his imminent humiliation. He would never hear the end of it.

 

    When it was their turn to ride, Yoongi steeled himself. He HATED rollercoasters - they were terrifying, plus he had a phobia of heights, rollercoasters, and death. As the coaster car shot through the darkness, with flashing lights and sudden twists and drops, Yoongi felt as though he had swallowed his tongue. Nearing the station, he tried to get rid of his tears of fear. He quickly exited the platform, and when his feet hit solid ground, he took off, running to find a private spot to calm himself. He balanced himself against a wall, and covered his mouth to gasp as quietly as possible. His phobias were hitting home all at once. Suddenly, Yoongi felt arms around him, and he turned to find a worried Yugyeom backhugging him. “Hyung, was it too scary for you? I’m sorry! You should have told me, I wouldn’t have made you go on it.” Yoongi shook his head.

 

    “I didn’t want to kill it for you. You were so excited.” Yugyeom wiped Yoongi’s tears away with his thumb, sensitive kindness in his eyes. He lead Yoongi back to the park, holding his hand gently but firmly. Yoongi wasn’t sure what the younger boy was thinking, but he knew something Yoongi didn’t. 

 

    It took Yoongi another week, and much pestering from their friends, to tell Yugyeom what he already knew.