Mianhae...

Mianhae...

    Min Yoongi walked home alone, absently playing with his fingers. School was over for the day, and although he was lost in thought, his feet carried him down the familiar path to home. Months later, Yoongi still couldn’t quite believe what had happened. Yugyeom had broken up with him. Yoongi knew Yugyeom’s parents were behind the break up, but he had expected Yugyeom to at least try to fight for them. A cold shiver ran down his shoulders and he hugged his wool sweater closer to his small body. Hot tears pricked at his eyes, but he blinked them back, swallowing down the thick lump in his throat. 

 

    Unbeknownst to Yoongi, he was being followed. The boy was younger than Yoongi, but taller. Before, Yugyeom would walk home with Yoongi every day. Since their break up, he still followed Yoongi home, making sure his beloved got home safe. He knew Yoongi never wanted to see him again, but he couldn’t let go. Despite what he had said, what he continued to say, he still loved Yoongi so much. With each step Yoongi took away from him, Yugyeom’s heart broke a little more. 

 

    Yoongi kicked at the fallen leaves littering the sidewalk, his gaze focused on his shoes. As much as he tried to forget, his thoughts kept turning to Yugyeom. His smile, his eyes, the way he protectively but gently wrapped an arm around Yoongi’s shoulders as they wandered about downtown. He missed the scent of Yugyeom’s shampoo, and his eye smile when he laughed. He missed Yugyeom’s lips, his strong arms, his carefree, lovable attitude. He missed how Yugyeom held him when his grandmother died, the first time Yugyeom had ever seen him cry. Yoongi shook his head, cleared his thoughts. His cheeks were wet. He vaguely wondered when he had begun to cry, brushed it aside. He knew his mother would worry, but he couldn’t bring himself to do anything about it. 

 

    His head felt heavy, and he unconsciously began to drag his feet. Yoongi didn’t know what was wrong, but surprisingly, he wasn’t worried. Blankly, he realized he was in his own yard. He stopped, rocked, then felt himself fall. As he fainted and his eyesight turned hazy then black, Yoongi didn’t feel the strong arms that caught him and held him close.