The Prize of Determination

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last night was like a dream for Kwon Yuri. Never did she thought that she will have the courage to surprise Jessica Jung with a kiss. All that she's certain of is that she was applying the tattoo, she was once again enthralled by Jessica's beauty. Her scent, her skin and her y curves tickled Yuri's senses and drove her insane. And maybe if she didn't kiss her and if Jessica didn't respond to her kiss, Yuri won't be able to sleep that night thinking about the kind of perfection Jessica possessed.

"You're acting crazy again by smiling when nothing's even funny or no one's talking about happy things. Want to share what's making a Kwon Yuri extremely happy today aside from the fact that Jessica Jung allowed you to call her your girlfriend?" Everytime she sees Yuri smiling to herself, Minhee creases her forehead. So after the clique and the rest of the class left for lunchbreak, she cornered Yuri to ask her about the reason behind her smile.

"I kissed her." Surprisingly, Yuri didn't hesitate to say it. Gayoung and Minhee looked at each other. Surprised. Confused. Both of it were written on their faces. "I kissed her and she kissed me back." Yuri's voice sounds dreamy while reminiscing about the tender kiss she shared with Jessica. The taste of her lips still lingered on her mind. There's still something she'd like to say about the kiss, on how it happened and why she did it, but Minhee cut her off.

"Enough storytelling. I'm feeling jealous already. Let's go. Jessica and her friends are waiting for us at the cafeteria.

Little by little, ever since Yuri opened up about her feelings, Jessica's habit in the cafeteria changed. She now spends lesser time on her book and is now seen listening to her friends' conversation and smiling at the jokes thrown by Haruma and Billy. It's Yuri's positive effect on her. And Jessica acknowledges it to herself.

"You're not going to practice today?" Yoona asked when Jessica lied on the grass with her head resting on Yoona's lap. The clique's spending their time again at the meadow. What's new is that Jessica is not holding a book. She's simply just relaxing in that paradise-like place.

"We practiced non-stop yesterday until we perfected the song. Therefore today is our rest day," Jessica replied with her eyes closed. They waited for her to say something more but there was none. What confused them though is that the corners of Jessica's lips are slightly curved upwards.

"Are you having a nice dream Jess?" Haruma asked. "Though my eyes are closed it doesn't mean that I'm asleep. So the answer is no, I'm not dreaming. I'm just thinking of a happy thought." What's painted on her mind is the image of Yuri kissing her. She's a bold person for doing it.

"Mind sharing what it is? Or should I ask who it is?"

"Yuri." The five looked at each other and smiled at how quick Jessica's answer was.

"About Yuri..." Shirota paused to search for the right words to use in his query. It's obvious that there's a progress in Yuri's relationship with his friend but he's just interested to know about what Jessica think of the taller girl. "Do you like her?"

"Yes." Again that was a quick answer they didn't expect.

"Do you love her?"

Jessica slowly opened her eyes and looked at her friends who are anticipating her reply. "I am happy when I'm with her. Simply having her around makes me feel safe and secured. And listening to her sweet words makes my heart flutter. Therefore, if having those feelings means that I am falling in love with her, then yes I do love her. I've just started realizing that feeling but one day, I'm certain that I will be able to tell her the magic words her heart wants me to say."

"What about Nurse Hwang?" Billy knows that bringing up the topic about Tiffany Hwang is not right but his curiosity defeated him.

"She's a beautiful story of my past. Although our ending was like a nightmare, I'll stop thinking about that negative thing and just be thankful that I met her."

That was a positive response from the girl who often feel down when she remembers Tiffany. Yoona's happy about such change in her friend. Therefore she asked Yuri to meet her at the rooftop when everyone's sleeping soundly. The latter was clueless as to what Yoona will tell her. She found her standing at the same spot where Jessica stands everytime she plays the violin in the morning.

"You look like you're scared of me," Yoona noted when Yuri kept an almost two meter distance away from her. She beckoned for her to come closer and that's what Yuri did though her steps were careful and guarded. "How is she?" she asked. Naming the person is not necessary because she knows that Yuri knows who she's referring to.

"She fell asleep earlier tonight."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter