My Crossword Puzzle

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like her beauty, the violinist's music brought Yuri to a different world. A world that is like a paradise wherein there's only the two of them around, surrounded by blooming flowers, with colorful butterflies greeting them, and a crystal clear water flowing nearby. It was an experience that was like the first time Yuri was enchanted by someone's music ten years ago in a cruise ship. Never did she imagine that she'll experience the same thing again right here in the rooftop of the dormitory of the school she never dreamed to be part of.

When the young woman stopped playing her violin, Yuri zoned back to reality. Her heart fluttered at the sight of the beautiful woman looking directly into her eyes. Her expression was blank and it somehow intimidated Yuri. "S-Sorry. I...I didn't mean to distract you," she said, stuttering. The violinist with a blank expression didn't say anything and just left Yuri behind.

"Good morning Yuri!" Minhee greeted right after Yuri entered their classroom. "I was expecting that you will get here first because you left the cafeteria so soon. But I was wrong. Why? Did you get lost?"

"No. Finding a classroom is a piece of cake when I have a map." Yuri sounds so proud of it which made Minhee her brows.

"Wow. That doesn't sound conceited. I should practice getting used to it."

"It's going to take a while."

Yuri sat on the empty chair beside Minhee. She toured her eyes around and noticed an eye-catching group of five students - four males and one female. "Wow. When the world was showered with beauty, these five must have used a vacuum to get lots of it for themselves," she muttered because of the striking appearance the five students possessed. Minhee smiled when she heard it and she took it as her opportunity to say something about the clique.

"They're the friends of your roommate. They came from different countries," she explained. "Speaking of Jessie, were you able to see her this morning?"

Yuri thought about it and she remembered her encounter at the rooftop. "Could she be the beautiful violinist at the rooftop? If she is then how come she's not here yet?" she wondered at the back of her mind.

"Well? Were you finally able to see your roommate?" Minhee asked again.

"I'm not pretty sure if I already met her," Yuri replied.

"That's a pretty confusing answer." Minhee wanted to ask further but she just brushed it off because she feels like Yuri is not willing to elaborate her answer.

A few minutes later, all students settled on their seats when a beautiful woman with pearly white skin and silky black hair entered the room. Her name is Song Hye Kyo, the upperclassmen's favorite instructor in Accounting. After introducing herself, Professor Song proceeds with checking the attendance. "Jessica Jung," she called but she heard no answer from the group. "Jung Jessica?" she repeated. And this time, the violinist Yuri saw at the rooftop entered the classroom.

"I'm here, Professor," she said. She bowed her head to show respect to the teacher then she sat beside Yoona. That was like an indirect confirmation that she is the transferee's roommate. Yuri kept on looking at her, intrigued about the famous Jessica Jung so she failed to hear her name being called.

"Is Kwon Yuri not around?" the professor asked. Minhee nudged her seatmate and told her to raise her hand. "Oh! So you're the new student. Welcome to Yoshen University, Miss Kwon. I hope you'll enjoy your experience here," the professor said with a smile that made her look more attractive.

"Thank you, Professor Song," Yuri replied with a shy smile.

The roll call of the students went on and that's how Yuri learned the names of the members of Jessica's clique. The Japanese guy with a Spanish descent is Shirota Yuu. The handsome Thai student is Mark Prin. The pure Japanese guy is Haruma Miura while the guy from Indonesia is Billy Davidson. And the only female friend of Jessica is Im Yoona. She is also from South Korea. Because the Yoshen students are from different countries, their subjects are in English language and they're required to speak in English - a piece of cake for heirs and heiresses like them.

"The transferee is good-looking. She looks hot," says Shirota to his friends while they were spending their breaktime in their favorite hangout spot - the meadow several meters away from the school buildings.

"I agree. She really is y. But I noticed that instead of looking at us handsome boys, she kept on stealing glances at Jessie," Haruma noted. "She's your roommate isn't she?" he asked Jessica who's silently reading a book while resting her head on Yoona's lap.

"Does it matter if she's my roommate?" she asked without tearing away her attention to the book she's reading.

"No, it doesn't. I'm just curious of what you think of her because she looks like she's attracted to you."

Jessica stopped reading to recall the face of the Korean girl who became enthralled with her music. She's a definition of someone physically attractive. Her raven hair suits her well and she likes the color of her skin. But even if Kwon Yuri is an example of a living Greek goddess, Jessica is not attracted to her. "She's a beautiful student just like the rest," she said simply in a way that conveys she doesn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter