Prologue

Zero

It was on Zero's 18th birthday when it happened, 11th February 2045. The end of the world.

You remembered your father, a news caster, phone constantly ring, he didn't want to ruin the special moment with a phone call, but when he recieved an urgent message, he pushed you away. You remember your mother, Clarise, and brother, Jet, getting angry because your father always put his work first, and when he finally came to realise he should spend more time with his family, it started again. 

"Zero, just blow out the candles," Jet's frustration grew a little more as he heard our father next door, "just do it, it doesn't matter anymore." He finally snapped.

"Jet, don't yell at your sister, don't worry honey just blow out the candles, I'll go have a talk with your father." Your mother left your side to confront. I made my wish and blew out the candles. I just wish that my parents never fight again, I want them to love each other until the end. Then it happened.

Everything started shaking, and Jet pulled me from the chair.

"What's going on?" I screamed. We could hear screaming and crashing outside our house.

"Come on!" Jet pulled me to the escape pod beside the coat closet, and strapped me in, "Don't come out! Mother! Father!" He ran to find them and the house continued to shake, everything was falling from the shelves and a picture of our family was at the edge of the bookcase opposite the escape pods. I hastily opened my straps and managed to catch the frame as it fell. Suddenly the floor opened up and tore the house apart, I fell backwards into the open pod and the floor opened up in front of my eyes. Instinctively I pushed the eject button which automatically closed the pod and shot me up into the air, I was thrown about in the pod, when I grabbed the straps and buckled myself. I looked down to see another pod escaping our crumbling house. The concrete roads and the surrounding houses tore apart and many escape pods in the air. But that night, only two pods left our desolate house.

I don't know who left with me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors notice

Hello, I am a new writer from England, just a brief description about me; I was born in Singapore 11th February 1998, 18 years old, but I am half-Singaporean half-Taiwanese by blood. My blood type is O and my hobbies are listening to music and drawing. My dream is to become a freelance artist as well as YouTubing on the side, making creative videos and vlogging. My real name is Shihuai, but you can call me River, cause it's easier. Oh and I've lived in England for over 15 years and I am a British Citizen, so yes I am British! Ta-ra.

River