F I N A L

Tears In Laughter

 

 

Seungcheol cry in his laugh.

Because everything he laughs at will always make him remember about the day, where he leaves his soulmate to death and dancing over his misery.

 

---

 

This is a tale about Seungcheol and Jisoo.

They used to be bestfriend, until their first change come. And turn out Seungcheol is an alpha and Jisoo is an omega. Seungcheol start to avoid Jisoo, thinking about his reputation. Alphas never mingle with omegas. But, what? Jisoo still thinks that Seungcheol is his bestfriend and keep following him, talking to him, even come over to his house to hangs out. Seungcheol had enough and one day he explodes infront of Jisoo, saying that their social level is different now.

And Seungcheol will never forget the hurt in Jisoo eyes that time.

 

 

It was about Seungcheol and Jisoo, then Jihoon walk into the picture.

As an alpha, you’re free to choose your mate, which was what Seungcheol like about being an alpha. Seungcheol was 21 when this boy walks into his life, he’s an alpha. he was perfect, he’s cool, he’s smart, and he’s an alpha. Seungcheol was sure that he’s the one.

He didn’t realise that his soulmate was a gentle, beautiful omega, that his emotion and heart has been ripped by him.

 

 

Seungcheol hates Jisoo with passion.

It was Seungcheol’s 22nd birthday when Jisoo was revealed as Seungcheol’s soulmate. It was omega things, omega is fated to one alpha; they have no right to choose or to be chosen. Their family was happy since they already know each other because they think Jisoo and Seungcheol is best friend, they even arrange a wedding and both of them was forced (in Seungcheol opinion) to live under one roof. But, no. Seungcheol was furious. The next day, Jisoo was admitted to hospital, he was beaten up, people thinks it was gangster or maybe Seungcheol fans.

They don’t know that the night before, Jisoo chanting sorry all, over and over. While Seungcheol’s fist and kicks showering him.

 

Seungcheol was too oblivious.

After the ‘gangster accident’ Jisoo was hospitalized for a week. Seungcheol never really visit him, but he does come for a show to their family. There’s usually their family and Jisoo’s friend. Seungcheol never really like this friend of Jisoo, he’s an alpha and his name is Minhyun. Older like two or three years than Jisoo and him.

Seungcheol never really get why he hate the older guy, but somehow seeing other people being close to his ex-bestfriend like he used to is annoying. And how Minhyun being protective to his omega is, irritating.

 

“you supposed to know that I’m his mate... and you can’t be that close to other alpha’s mate” Seungcheol said.

 

Minhyun laughs and shakes his head.

 

“he’s afraid of you. And I know this ‘gangster accident’ thing is fake... it was you right?” the older one said narrowing his eyes.

“that’s not your business” Seungcheol growl and Minhyun shakes his head.

“you should know that you’re actually lucky to have him as your mate, because there’s a lot of alpha wanted him as their mate...” minhyun said glaring at the younger one.

“like you?” seungcheol look at minhyun like he want to rip down his throat for saying that other alphas want his, his jisoo.

“yeah, like me, I know I’ll treat him far better than you”

“YOU—”

“angry aren’t you? Because you know I’m right...” minhyun said, smirking 

That time, Seungcheol thinks that he hates Minhyun more than anything. And he still can’t figure out why his heart clenching imagining Jisoo being in Minhyun arms.

 

 

Seungcheol is an idiot

Jisoo is now void of emotion, he rarely laugh and he have his poker face 24/7 around Seungcheol. He still smiles when his family around, but those empty smiles can’t fool Seungcheol, Seungcheol know that those smiles are fake because somehow he can feel how empty Jisoo’s heart, like he’s a living doll. The only one who can crack the poker face Jisoo usually wear is no other than Minhyun. Jisoo still laughing with the older guy and Seungcheol hates it.

One of those night Jisoo laughs with Minhyun, Seungcheol brings Jihoon home saying that he’s going to relieve some stress and Jisoo is free to leave if he wants.

Jisoo just shrug it off.

And suddenly it becomes a habit. Jihoon become Seungcheol stress reliever and Jisoo will sleep in separated room or even he’ll just go out and book a hotel room, even sometimes he find himself waking up in his car parked at a parking lot somewhere.

Seungcheol don’t know something, Seungcheol don't know that he’s killing Jisoo slowly but sure.

 

It was too late when Seungcheol realised that, Jisoo was the Sun to his orbit.

It was Jisoo’s 24th birthday when he leaves all of his family and Seungcheol forever. Jisoo was found dead on his bed, looking like he’s sleeping. His face was peaceful.

 

“When an omega rejected by his mate, he will die. When an omega rejected by his alpha, naturally they have no reason to stay alive, and naturally they’ll die... weakens, and die... they’ll sacrifice their life so that their alpha can find someone or be with someone they desire. You don’t know that, don’t you?”

 

Seungcheol sits on Jisoo’s bed and Minhyun’s words keep repeating on his head. He killed Jisoo, he killed his Jisoo.

 

“why didn’t you tell me!”

“if I did tell you, what would you do? Jisoo don’t want your acceptance base on pity.”

 

 

Seungcheol laughs and he cry in his laughs.

He was a selfish bastard, they used to be bestfriend and he ruined it. They’re soulmates and he ruined it. He used to laughs with Jisoo, and now there’s no Jisoo.

Jisoo laughs, he wants to hear it again. Everything was clear when it’s ruined. He loves Jisoo and he can see it just now. His pride and ego was too high when he was younger. And now he pays the price.

 

Jisoo’s gone, Jisoo leaves him. He leaves with a small letter.

 

I’m sorry for ruining your life, for betraying our promises to be alphas together. I’m sorry for falling in love with you, for being so weak. I love you; I really want to say that to you. But it’ll be a lie now. For this one time please let me hate you too, like how you hate me for being an omega. Let me hate you for being an alpha, let me hate you for breaking me, let me hate you for taking my heart and crush it like it’s nothing, for ruining our friendship.

 

Be happy Choi Seungcheol.

I hate you.

            —HJS

 

 

Seungcheol cry in his laughs.

Because everytime he want to digs on his happy memory for a little laugh, there’s Jisoo. there’s always Jisoo when he was happy.

 

 

Jisoo was his happiness.

And he was Jisoo’s misery.