The new kid complex

The sunflower complex

Chapter: 3 


And while Kim Hanbin would love to say he had a wonderful first day of 12th grade, he in fact did not, because while accidentally getting his petals caught in his locker door, dropping all his books in the hall way twice, and falling down the stairs , he still managed to end up in another predicament.

Kim jiwon shuffled in to the class and up to the teachers desk and hand him his schedule and explain that he was the new exchange student from america.  

He introduced himself with a cheeky smile and polite bow before looking to the teacher as he whispered something to him , and then motioned toward the class. Jiwon pointed right at hanbin with a small smile and the teacher nodded.

“Hanbin, jiwon is going to be your desk partner for the rest of the year is that okay with you?”

His petals stiffened and he sat up before nodding.

Jiwon skipped over to his desk in the back and set his stuff down next to hanbin.

“Nice to see you again , Hanbin be I” jiwon smiled and laughed lightly.

Hanbins petals ruffled up thinking that jiwon was making fun of him.

Jiwon smiled again “ don’t worry kid, I’m not mocking you, I thought it was funny… “ Hanbin only nodded in return before going back to his work.

For the rest of the class jiwon was relatively quiet and mindful of hanbins space, until the last few minutes of class and jiwon had started talking about how fun it was to be in Korea and how he had looked forward  to coming there. Pretty soon he started rambling about a few friends he had made and a the name “yunhyeong” had gotten mentioned which made hanbins “head” perk up.

“Yunhyeong? Oh hey he’s one of my best friends man!”

“Oh yeah really!?” 

“Yah, do you uh wanna sit with us at lunch, I mean he will probably be with donghyuk the whole time, but I mean you can chill with me and chanwoo?” 

Jiwon laughed and nodded , about to say something when Mr.jung started speaking.

“Im sure you two are talking about the assignment am I correct?” He said eyeballing jiwon, “I didn’t put you with my best student for no reason mr jiwon.” 

Jiwon turned to hanbin for help with wide eyes.

“Yes and no sir… We were discussing school in america , and I was helping him get acquainted with the school polices and rules ,Sir.” Hanbin said sitting up straight in his chair.

Mr.Jung nodded and smiled. 

“I knew I could count on my best student , thank you mr. Hanbin” and he walked back to his desk.

Jiwon let out a breath. “ Dude , he’s scary …” Jiwon said looking at hanbin.

“Nah, he just seems like it, in dance practice he’s super chill and is pretty fun to hang out with” hanbin says going over his work before passing his and jiwons up to the front.

“Yah but did you see the way he looked at me!? Its like he was trying to swallow me whole or something” jiwon said pretending to shiver.

Hanbin rolled his eyes.” Your over reacting , he’s fine I promise.”

Jiwon was about to protest when the lunch bell rang and he followed hanbin out the door.

 

When they got outside everyone was already gathered around their tree. They had claimed it in 9th grade when they had started high school, since hanbin didn’t eat and would only put his feel in the dirt and relax while everyone told their stories about their day so far.

Hanbin walked over and motioned for jiwon to sit down next to him as hanbin sat down with jinhwan. 

“Hey guys this is jiwon , he’s from america.” Hanbin said ad jiwon sat down. 

The group said their hellos and everyone went back to what they were doing and offered his food and and included him into the conversation as if he belonged their and as if he had always been.

After a little while hanbin laid down and jiwon looked at him.

“Cant you eat?”

Hanbin laughed.

“Yah , because I totally have a mouth”

Jiwons eyes got big noticing his mistake.

“Oh- oh I’m so-“

“Nah, its fine”

“So do you like.. Stick your hands in water to grow like a plant?”

“Totally…”

“WAIT REALLY!?” Jiwons eyes got big and he sat up looking completely astounded and amazed. 

“No you dip-wad I don’t…”hanbin said.

“Fine then how do you eat then?” Jiwon said sarcastically.

“I stick my feet in the dirt, duh”hanbin said taking off his shoes and socks.

“Yah right, you are the worst lier I’ve ever heard hanbin.”Jiwon said making motions with his hands.

Jinhwan turned to look at jiwon and started laughing.

“Actually he does” jinhwan said still laughing.

“Wait , FREAKING REALLY!? That’s so cool!” Jiwon screeched practically sounding like a little girl.

Hanbin pushed his feet into the dirt and took junhoes watterbottle and poured it over the dirt and laid back with his head on chanwoo’s lap.

The rest of the linch period was spent reading the title of chanwoo’s book repeatedly (carry on) , and listening to jiwon ramble on about how fun america was( not that it was all that interesting anyways).


Seventh period chemistry was hanbins favorite class, until a certain Kim jiwon walked through the door and bounded In screaming hanbins name with a wide smile. 

Now, don’t get hanbin wrong , he liked jiwon, but he actually enjoyed how quiet the class period was , and now he knew he wouldn’t have anything like that , with how loud jiwon is. And of course with his luck, jiwon chose to sit next to him and of course  again, chose to talk
About whatever he could possibly think of.

After about 10 minutes of jiwons scatterbrained talking , hanbin drifted off and started day dreaming about different things, like going to america , being a photographer, and other things.

“Mr. Jiwon and Mr. Hanbin, nice of you two to be talking while your supposed to be doing your work, both of you have detention today after school.” Their teacher Mr.min said loudly. 

Hanbins head snapped up and he looked over at jiwon. Jiwon gulped.

“And hanbin?” Mr.min said.

“Yessir?” Hanbin replied.

“I expect more from you young man” 

Hanbin glared at jiwon once again.

“You’re a dead man dude…”hanbin said before turning bad to his notes.

His day could not get any worse.

____________________________________

As soon as the last bell rung jiwon was up and out of his seat faster then you can say “veni vidi vici”, but ofcouse hanbin was faster , catching the other by the back of his collar and dragging him to his locker before slamming him lightly against it. 

“ I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GOT ME IN TROUBLE ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL MAN, I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!!” Hanbin screamed and threw his hands in the air and shook his school books wildly.

“Sor-“ jiwon started.

“No NO, SORRY DOES NOT CUT IT MAN, I have never gotten in trouble ONCE , ONCE!!!” Hanbin moved jiwon and shoved his things into his book bag. “ AND HERE YOU COME LOOKING ALL COOL OR WHATEVER AND RUINING MY REPUTATION” Hanbin zipped up his backpack. 

“I mean like how do you even manage these things child!” Hanbin said putting on his back pack. 

“I-I don’t know… It just happens…” Jiwon mumbles.

Hanbin huffs and turn around to face him, hanbins petals are all kinda of messy from being upset and from yelling. He pats them down with him hand and sighs.

“Well maybe you should fix that, go get your stuff and meet me outside Mr. Mins class in five...any later and we will have to stay longer.” Hanbin said and started to walk away before turning around.

“ I’m still mad at you, you owe me one BIG TIME” he said and pointed his finger at jiwons chest before turning around and walking off.


Okay, this story will eventually get really angsty and I just don’t know when yet, I still need to develop character plot and everything else , but I promise that this story will be continuing!! , remember if you have any suggestions or comments feel free to ask them on my tumblr @kimhanbinge , okay babies have a nice day and ill talk to you guys soon!