Intro: the flower child

The sunflower complex

 

Kim hanbin cannot remember a time before he was 7. The days that were spent eating snacks on a rug in a classroom full of children that didn’t understand him. And hanbin didn’t understand , nor did he ever make an effort to… Because he didn’t really need to, he knew why the other kids looked at him the way that they had. He was “special” or at least that’s what his brother had always told him.

Because hanbin was not a boy.

He was a sunflower.

 


Jinwhan skipped outside a package of seeds tucked in his tiny palm and a shovel grasped in his other, his mother had let him pick out his own flower to plant and he wanted to be as quick as possible. He knelt down and shoveled the dirt away before pushing all the seeds in one hole, he was too young to know other wise. He figured he was doing something wrong when it didn’t start growing 10 seconds later and he remembered that plants needed water,but seeing as he only had a juice box he decided that it was good enough before pouring it over his little mound of dirt and walking inside, hoping that the next day he would have a flower to call a friend.

That night it stormed and little jinhwan tucked up and smothered in his blankets worried about his flower all night until he fell asleep , dreaming of a beautiful boy he never quite caught the face of.

...🌻

The next morning after jinhwans mother had gotten him dressed and properly fed , jinhwan raced out of the back door and around the side of the house to the little garden his mother had owned. Only to find there was not a flower…well in some aspect there was… But it had legs and arms and feet and hands and a neck, but it did not in anyway have a head… Unless you consider a large sunflower a head… Jinhwan screeched and dropped his lunch pale in the mud. Jinhwans mother came out to see what had happened, expecting to tell the boy that no “ sunflowers took more then 12 hours to grow and that it would take a bit longer” but what she did not expect to find was a child, covered in dirt and mud , with a sunflower as a face. She panicked and pushed jinhwan aside. The flower child gasped, and its head , if you so call it, tilted up toward the lady. 

“What are you?” She asked still taken back by the inhuman child.

The flower child tilted is so called head and its petals shook. 

“What are you?” It replied.

The woman , shocked that it could even talk , considering it did not have a mouth , stepped back and told jinhwan to go into the house. But jinhwan being the child he was and believing that he needed to care for the flower child stepped between his mothers legs and held out a hand to the flower boy.

“my names jinwhan” he said happily his eyes curving into small crescent shapes.

“Uh… I don’t have a name…”the flower boy said , his petals falling a bit .

“That’s okay, my mommy can give you one, shes good at it, she gave me my name!” The other boy chattered and reached for the others hand pulling him up and getting mud on himself in the process, all while his mother looked around completely shocked and quite shaken. Jinhwan helped the boy up and walked him into the house, both of them leaving muddy prints on the floor where they had stepped, the mother followed and told jinhwan to bring him to the bathtub.

Once the flower boy was washed jinhwans mother dressed the boy in some of jinhwans clothes and dried his petals , being careful, even though they had earlier found out that it was nearly impossible to pull them out, she was still cautious.

"Do I get a name miss?”the flower boy asked while playing with the hem of the shirt.

“If you would like one dear”

“Yes please” he said , his petals fluffing out.

“Hmm… Jinhwan what should we call him?”

“Lets name him hanbin!” Jinhwan called from the kitchen where he was cleaning the mud off of his lunch pail.

“ would you like to be called hanbin? Dear”

The flower boy nodded and thanked jinhwhans mother. Hanbin had never had a name, or mother, or a brother, or even a bath, he had never had well anything, and if he had, then he didn’t remember it then.

Hanbin went to school with jinhwan that day and after a large confrontation with the schools staff, was allowed to go to class with jinhwan also. The class stared at him, no longer interested in their goldfish crackers and crayon activities, more interested with the boy that had a sunflower for a head. Jinwhan loudly announced that he wad his brother and then he went to his seat leaving hanbin by himself at the center of the classroom. The teacher asked him to introduce himself to the class.

“Hanbin be I” hanbin said loudly, not realizing his mistake till the teacher looked at him. 

“Did you mean, my name is hanbin” the teacher asked, the class giggled around him , And hanbin looked at his shoes and nodded silently.

“Yes..”

“That’s okay hanbin, would you like to sit next to jinhwan?” Hanbin nodded and his petals wilted down from embarrassment.

That was the day that hanbin learned what a nick name was, and what it was like to have new friends… Five to be exact.

-----

Yes this is just a intro, this is short!! Its not a chapter!  Anyways i hope you will enjoy this fix as i make it and i hope you have a good day!