Final

First Love

She placed a yellow box on the table.

"He said that I should give that to you a few years back before he left," she said while still gazing at the box. "I was so hesitant on giving that to you before. He said it was something that is very important for you to know and see inside it. So im giving it to you now."

I touched the yellow box, curious about what is inside it.

"No, don't open it here. Open it where you are the only one around. Its for your eyes only," she added with an nonchalant smile.

I smiled back. "Okay, thank you," i whispered which is enough for her to hear.

"Don't mention it, So Hee."

I picked up the yellow box and left the room.

***

(Flashback)

It was raining. It was raining when I decided to not bring an umbrella, stupid right? So here I am, waiting for the rain to stop infront of our school.

I was carrying my books and notebooks and with my head somehow facing down.

Until I saw a guy hurriedly opening his umbrella and was about to leave when his eyes laid on me. 

I was trying my best to not look at him and decided to let my head face down. I felt that he was giving me a poor smile.

After a few minutes, I had a stiff neck and he slowly went closer to my side one step at a time. It was weird. Until I was covered by his umberella.

Neither one of us uttered a word. We both just walked awkwardly with his umbrella on top of me, like he doesn't want me to get wet. But he was almost drenched by the rain. 

"W-why won't you come closer?" i asked. His facial expression changed.

He slowly moved closer to the umbrella but he keeps on parting his distance away from me and keeps on avoiding my eyes.

Until a car passed by and he quickly held my arms and moved to the side to keep me from getting wet. 

Our eyes met. That's when I fully saw his face, it flooded my mind. I felt butterflies in my stomach, it was weird.

In just three seconds, my heart went,

*Tugdug.tugdug.tugdug.*

For the first time.

(End of flashback)

It was our first meeting that flashbacked into my mind before I was going to nervously open the box in my own room with the door locked.

I clenched my fist before opening it slowly. I finally opened it and I saw a notebook with a letter below it. 

I slowly opened the notebook with my trembling hand and I saw an opening remark, it was Junho's handwriting.

'Dear So Hee,

All you want to know about what I feel, what you mean to me, and everything else, its all here. I believe if you are reading this right now, I must be in Japan

But I promise you, i'll come back.'

I bit my lip at the opening remark. I just want to cry right now. I flipped the next page and saw pictures of the both of us before when we were still in school. Pictures of the two of us during events of the school.

Half of the notebook was pictures of us when we were in high school. And the other half was where the writing starts. I started reading it,

And the little did I knew, while reading it, the words went straight to my heart.

' Dear So Hee,

I know I was a timid child then. I was very shy when it comes to people and my confidence level was very low. I was probably the shyest one in school. 

Some people say, everything starts in highschool. It was true, everything started in highschool for me. Because that's where, in that very school, I had my first love.

It was the first time my heart beat uncontrollably fast, it was the first time that I was actually drawn to someone yet I am still to timid. Everything was first time to me.

My body would heat up when we would pass by each other at the hallway. I didn't knew it was love then and that's how things were.

I am really not good at girls but I tried my best for you to notice me. And this is the only way for me to release my feelings for you, writing. If you don't feel the same way, might as well not turn to the next page.'

That was the first page. I bit my lip and turned the next page. Which led me to tears.

***

1 year later..

I finished reading the notebook a few months ago, yet I still read it over and over again and it never fails to make me cry everytime. I want him to know what's inside my heart that's been shouting to me all along. I waited for him, im waiting for him, im going to wait for him.

But I kept myself busy and I worked and closed my doors towards men. So here I am, working as an office secretary at a law office. I've been working here for five years now.

"Good morning, So Hee." Lawyer Park greeted.

I smiled. "Good morning to you too, Lawyer Park." Then he went straight to his office.

My smile faded as I looked at me and Junho's picture when we were in high school pasted on my pinboard. I slowly touched his face at the picture as I wished I could touch his face in person.

After that, I got back to work. Then Lawyer Park called me into his office.

"Is there something I need to know, Lawyer Park?" i asked.

He joined together his hands together. "Yes, tomorrow a lawyer from Japan will visit here and he will work here from now on. He said he lived in Seoul before so he knows the language very well. He is very young..and handsome." He smiled.

"Okay, good. So what will be his position here?" 

"He'll be my partner."

I smiled and nodded. "Okay, i'll get back to work now." I went straight to my desk and continued working.

The other employees were buzzing about the new lawyer from Japan who will work here starting tomorrow. Lawyer Park said that he was young and handsome. 

***

It was nightime and my shift was over. I fixed all my stuff and left.

I took a taxi to get home and my mother was waiting for me and she prepared dinner.

"So Hee, how was work?" she asked.

"It was fine, umma," i replied, eating.

She was somehow staring at me while eating, it bothered me a little bit. "Why are you staring at me?"

She sat up straight. "Its just that, you are such a beautiful lady, and you have no interest in men. Are you really gonna grow up alone?"

"Umma, don't say that. Do you know the guy from highschool before that I was talking about these days?"

"Hmm..you mean Junho?"

I nodded and smiled. 

She smiled also. "You are waiting for him?"

I nodded again.

"Don't worry So Hee, maybe you'll get to meet him again. Maybe tomorow or even the day after that, you never know. And I know he wants to meet you too."

I smiled at her statement.

"Do you love him?" she moved closer to me to see my face. It took a minute for me to process in my mind but when it finally did,

"Yes, I do. I do love him." I gave a nonchalant smile.

***

The next day was just any other typical day. I woke up and got ready for work. I said goodbye to my mother and took a taxi again to work.

I entered the office and I saw Lawyer Park at his office with a familiar figure beside him, maybe it was the lawyer from the Japan.

I put down my stuff at my desk and fixed my clothes to meet the lawyer. I reached for the door when I felt,

*Tugdug.tugdug.tugdug.*

I felt my heart beating fast, and an electric feeling rose up. I froze at that position, asking myself Why am I feeling this? What is happening to me?

Lawyer Park saw me and pursuaded me to come inside. I took a deep breath and opened the door slowly.

"So Hee! You are here. Lawyer Lee, she is the secretary." Lawyer Park said once I entered the room.

The figure turned around.

*Tugdug,tugdug,tugdug,tugdug.*

My legs feel numb, mixed emotion fills my heart, the feeling is indescribable.

It was him, it was surely him. The man whom I love the most, Junho. He was smiling brightly at me. I was frozen at that position, it was him. 

My heart was shouting something to me that I cannot handle it.

"Its been a while, Yoon So Hee." He gave me a sweet smile that I fell for it easily.

I want him so much that I ran to him and hugged him tightly, his arms wrapped on my waist and my arms on his neck.

"I missed you so much." i said as I covered myself on his chest. I felt his heartbeat beating the same rhythm as mine.

"I missed you too. So much," he replied while caressing my hair.

"You changed so much. I have so many things to tell you, Junho," i added. I don't want to let go of the hug. I've been wanting this. I noticed that I was actually crying heavily.

"I've so many things to tell you too, So Hee,"

***

"You missed me?" he asked while we were stargazing.

"Yes, I missed you a lot," i replied shyly but sweet.

"Well, I missed you more than that."

I blushed.

"I read the notebook. You made me cry a lot of times, Junho-yah," i pouted while hitting his arms a few times.

"I really love it when you pout. But, you know my feelings now. Gosh, im embarrassed." He looked down.

I smiled. "You don't have to be embarrassed."

"I should be. I wasn't able to confess in person and I made you wait for several years for me. Aren't you angry?"

"Why would I be angry? It was worth the risk, Junho. It was always worth the risk, Lawyer Lee."

He looked up and our eyes met. "So you already know that you were my first love."

"Yes, you know you are my first love too." 

"Really? When did you realized?"

"When we were in the rain. You made my heart flutter and the feeling grew until now." I blushed.

"Me too."

Silence filled the atmosphere.

"So Hee.."

"Hmm?" I looked at him.

He cupped his hands on my cheek and stared into my eyes. "I love you."

My lips slowly curved into a smile. "I love you too, Lawyer Lee."

He moved closer and kissed me on my forehead lovingly. I closed my eyes as his lips touched my forehead.

After that, 

"Don't be so timid and kiss me. Im yours now," i said shyly.

He chuckled. "Aniya, im saving it for our wedding day."

I blushed. "Yah, wedding? You are going too far Lawyer Lee."

"I am sure that I am going to marry you someday and kiss you infront of the altar, So Hee." He chuckled again.

I blushed even more. "Seriously Junho."

Silence filled the atmosphere again as we stargaze.

"Junho.."

"Hmmm?"

"First love really never dies."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hope you all like it :)) 

Thanks for reading!

Special chapter will be next, and I swear, it will be so full of fluff. <3