Xiao - Secret Admirer

Rookie Imagines

Noona~ I overheard you talking to Hyunmi-noona and Yein-hyung yesterday.
You told him that you just wanted me to finally reveal myself...?
I wasn’t sure about it yet because I don’t know if you like me but if you want me to, I will.
Please don’t freak out when you see me, okay? I’ll be waiting at your favourite ice cream shop at 4pm, today. See you there!
Your Xiao~

“Another note? What does it say this time?” Hyunmi, my best friend asked as I stood frozen with the pink paper in my hands. When she didn’t get any answer, she grabbed it off of me and read it over herself. I shook my head and glanced at her in time to see her face light up in joy. “OH MY GOSH! Please tell me we are going? I need to see who was behind six months’ worth of notes!” She clapped as I took the note back off her and shoved it into my bag and glared.

I am going, yes. You, however, are not. Whoever it is would freak out and run a mile if you go in there screaming like that. I’ll tell you afterwards or tomorrow or something.” I bit my lip as I closed my locker and walked to class, ignoring her pleas to take her with me.

I couldn’t concentrate on any of my lessons afterwards. Worrying over who it was; what if they were weird? What if it was just some prank or something? I mean, I planned on letting the person down gently since I already had a crush but what if they didn’t take it so well? I was such a guilty person already; I didn’t need that in my life.

At lunch, I had to tell all the guys at our table (their table, Hyunmi and I just sat with them because she was dating Yein and they stuck together like glue) about going to meet this guy. There was a bunch of whistles and they all starting wishing me good luck, some of them snickering.

“Yeah, good luck kiddo! And good luck, Xiao~ Whoever you are.” Sooil said, ruffling my hair as he smirked at some of the others. There was one person on the table that I didn’t even glance at for fear of his reaction. He had always acted the same around me even after finding out though, so I hoped it was a good sign. He was one of the ones that I got on with really well and he was protective of me. My crush.

“Be careful, noona. Okay?” He leaned over to try and get me to look at him but I just nodded, keeping my gaze down.

By the time school finished, I was a nervous wreck. I had to sit down on a park bench as I was walking to the ice cream parlour. How did this person even know what my favourite ice cream place was anyway? We, meaning me and Hyunmi, had asked around slyly in school and as far as anybody knew, there was nobody with the name or nickname Xiao. We literally had no clues as to who it was.

Even Yein didn’t know and him and his group of friends basically knew everyone in the school. There were pretty much the most popular guys over the span of years they were all in since they were different ages. Speaking of them though, there was one that I wasn’t happy when he found out I had a secret admirer. Lee Dong Yeol. He was in the year below Yein, Hyunmi and me and he was my crush. I had to ask him about it though since in the notes, the person always used noona so they were definitely younger, but he didn’t have a clue who could have sent it.

I was stood outside the ice cream shop by about 3:55pm and was calming myself down. I had to tell myself that everything was going to be okay and that I would let them down gently, explaining that I liked somebody else. Yeah, this was going to be easy. Nodding, I pushed the door open gently and walked inside, searching around for anybody in my school’s uniform. I couldn’t see anybody I didn’t know but then I caught sight of a familiar face in the corner so I walked over, scared to speak to him.

“D-Dongyeol? What are you doing here?” He looked startled since he had been staring down at the table as I walked over. Looking up at me wide eyed, I just chuckled and continued, “Don’t tell me you’re checking up on me? I told you I would be careful~” I smiled, feeling happy that at least one of them tried. I decided I would just sit with him until this person got here. Fancy that though, telling me to meet them at four but being late themselves. They should definitely have been here by now but there was only Dongyeol and I from our school here.

“A-Ah, not quite I’m afraid.” He mumbled, fiddling with his fingers. He wasn’t looking at me which I found a little weird since he always had this aura of confidence around him which was totally gone. It fell silent for a little while as he seemed too nervous to speak and the gears started turning in my head. I wasn’t stupid. Maybe a little slow (or a lot. Like, six months too slow) but not stupid. Though, that is what I felt when the sudden realisation hit me.

“Oh my god.” was all I could say. All this time and I was so blind. It somehow all made perfect sense though. But was this for real? My crush was my secret admirer all along? No, that only happens in stupid drama’s that Hyunmi watches. There must be some sort of misunderstanding. This kind of this just doesn’t happen in real life.

“You’re going to freak out, I can see it in your face. I’m sorry!” Dongyeol started, looking absolutely mortified. “I-I was just so scared to tell you that I liked you so I sent the first note in hopes you would figure it out but you didn’t so I just kept doing it until I got so used to it. I never meant for it to go so far!” He churned out a bunch of words so fast that I had a hard time keeping up.

“I know you’re going to turn me down since you said it yourself at lunch. It almost made me want to not turn up but I thought that would be a stupid move. I’m really sorry that I did this to you, noona! Please don’t let this ruin our friendship!” He begged, reaching over and cupping both my hands in his much larger ones. The poor guy looked so sorry that I almost had to laugh. I had the urge to play a trick on him for doing this to me for so long though, so I kept my face straight.

“Yah, if you shut up for a minute then I’d be able to tell you what I think of all this. So, honestly? Our friendship has already been ruined by this…” The look on his face was absolutely priceless when the words left my mouth. His hands dropped from around mine and he was about to pull them away until I reached and intertwined our fingers with a smile. “Because after this we’re not going to be just friends anymore. I was going to turn down anybody that wasn’t you, stupid. I’ve liked you for so long already. How did you not know?!” I laughed as a wave of emotions went through his face before settling on the eye smile that I adored so much. My heart was beating a million times a minute.

“Are you being serious right now? You- You did? Ah, I feel so stupid! But I’m so happy you like me too! Wait, so, you’re my girlfriend now, right?” He asked, leaning closer in excitement. I nodded and leaned just a little further, pecking his cheek as his answer. “I can’t believe I wasted six months with those notes when you liked me all along! Ahhh, how do I even make up for that?!”

“Well, since we are here I suppose you could start making up for it by getting me my favourite ice cream.”

“That’s so like you. Anything for my girlfriend, though. Let’s go on our first date now then? Since it took so long to get here.” He grinned at the use of the word before pecking my lips and standing.

“Better late than never, Xiao.”

 

“IT WAS THAT LITTLE CINNAMON ROLL ALL ALONG?! WHO KNEW ABOUT THIS?!” Hyunmi wailed as we pulled her away from the windows of the ice cream shop. A couple of us had followed to see the outcome of the meet up even though a few already knew who Xiao had been the whole time.

“Most of us. How could you not tell? The kid could light up a small village whenever she was around him… It was sickening.” Sooil laughed, shaking his head. A couple of the others agreed with him whilst Hyunmi glared.

“Jagi, did you know?” She asked me and I could see by her face that if I admitted I was almost 90% sure it was him; she would kill me. She could already tell, I knew it.

“Um, no…?” I tried to smile my way out of death but it seemed luck wasn’t on my side today. I immediately let go of her hand and ran, begging her to go easy.

“SEON YE IN GET BACK HERE BEFORE I KICK YOUR !”


I had no idea how to finish it so have some crack idek...
I absolutely cannot write cutesy because i'm not a cutesy person but xiao is a cute so his chapter had to be because everyone is so salty now and you absolutely can't write jack anything elseabout "kids" without everyone being all up in your about it :))))) 
(idgaf all you noobs, it wasn't like this back with the old era k-pop fans)

now i'm being salty so i'm leaving
have this. enjoy it or don't idrm