Final

Today Was A Fairytale

 

“Good friends, that’s what you guys are.” You thought to yourself. Wanting to be anything more than that would be greed, and besides, you are a BBC and a fan girl, you know more than anyone how fans like you would feel if your favorite idol suddenly announces that he is currently dating someone.

Pyo Jihoon hanging out with you in your backyard, playing around with you, and strolling around places, that’s because he feels comfortable with you that he is doing these things.

You were in your bedroom checking out the fan café when your phone buzzed. You check out your phone to check who it was. “~~. What are you doing today?” P.O. asked.

“I am meeting my friend this afternoon for something, but only for a short time why?” you told him.

“Well I was wondering whether you wanted to go with me to this amusement park..” he said.

“But you can’t go there right? What if people there recognize you?” you pointed out.

“Well, they won’t. It has been so long since I went somewhere fun. I’ll make sure to put on a disguise. Will you go with me?” He asked, his voice on the phone sounded like he was begging you to go with him.

“Fine!” you told him. Meet me out at 3pm.” You answered coldly, but deep inside you were having butterflies on your stomach. A trip to the amusement park with Pyo Jihoon sounds like a story you can only read in fan fictions.

 

You met with your school friend Daehyun in your backyard, who was also a veterinarian, that morning because of Zelo, your pet dog. He has not been eating anything these days and it has been making you really worried whether he is sick or has a problem.

Daehyun was checking Zelo’s throat when Zelo suddenly peed on Daehyun. You were so shocked, but at the same time you found it really funny that your dog did that, because he no longer does that, not for quite sometime. You were apologetic to Daehyun, but still kept on laughing. “Sorry Daehyun ah, I couldn’t help it.” You told him. “Its okay, don’t worry I’m used to getting peed all over by dogs. They automatically do that every time they see me.” Daehyun said as he started wiping the pee on this lab coat. “No wonder I smelled pee earlier.“ you .

“How dare you!” he said, while pouting.

“Let us not talk about me this time. How have you been ~~?” Daehyun asked.

“I’m good. I may have not been showing up to the others but I’m living quite fine not keeping so much in touch.” You told him.

“How about a boyfriend?” Daehyun asked and you immediately shook your head.

“You know you shouldn’t be holing up yourself just because of Yongguk. He’s about to get married, you should be moving on and living up your life to the fullest.” Daehyun advised.

“Thanks, I am actually doing that now.” You pointed out.

“Well, how about going out with me?” Daehyun asked looking serious.

“No need for that. She’s going out with me.” P.O. suddenly appeared from behind me. “What are you doing here? I thought we won’t be meeting until an hour later?” you asked him.

“Change of plans. Come on let’s go!” P.O. said as he pulled her up from her seat.

“Sorry doc, she’s already taken. Oh by the way, please take care of her dog for me.” P.O. said and pulled you until the both of your were out of your place. “Yah! Why are you rushing? I haven’t even dressed up properly yet.” You told P.O. which made him stop and take a look at you first.

“You look pretty decent to me. Come on let’s go.” He said. The both of you walked down the street, and there you saw a red sports car parked by the side. You wondered where he got to borrow that car but you no longer bothered asking him.

He typed the name of the amusement park where you guys are going into the GPS, and the ride started to become silent. Looking at the GPS, you thought, “will it really be okay for him to go to the amusement park with me?” “What if instead of having fun, it would only cause trouble for him, s, and his company?” There and then you made a decision, you will have to try to convince him in not going because it will be for his sake.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to go to the amusement park.” You spoke. While still driving along the road, P.O. looked at you, as if to ask why. “I don’t feel like it, besides I don’t really go to those things.” You lied.

“Really? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” P.O. suddenly stopped the car to the side and said. “That’s because you didn’t really asked for my opinion.” Once again you lied. You really wanted to go to the amusement park because it has been s long since you last did. “If you really don’t like to go, then lets not go anymore, but you have to promise me that you are not doing this because you are worried that someone would see me.” P.O. warned.

“W-what? Of c-c-course not!” you stuttered. Scared that he might have caught your lie. Unfortunately, the two of you no longer went to the amusement park but opted to eat snack around the city, and play in the arcade instead where there are less people around. You really had fun hanging out with him it was more of fun rather than romantic. You beat him in basketball while he beat you at racing. You guys bought ice cream, hamburger, tacos, and cake and ate till the both of you were full. You never had this much fun ever since you graduated high school and P.O. was bringing back the childish side of you by having fun with him alongside you.

After having so much fun of course it was time to go back home. Before driving the car, P.O. suddenly spoke. “I know you lied when you said you didn’t want to go to the amusement park.”

You looked at him nervously to see whether he was mad at you or not. “Sorry. Are you mad at me now?” you asked him. “Of course not.” P.O. said and grinned.

“You know I was serious when I said you are going out with me.” He pointed out.

“I like you ~~.” He confessed while looking shy all of a sudden.

“I don’t know what to say.” You told him. “How can you like me? You’re an idol.” You responded, your heart beat racing so fast.

“Well even though I am an idol, for once when I’m with you I don’t feel like one. I know you are a fan of my group, and of me, but its different really. At first I thought you were just a fan, but then when I talked to you, we had a great conversation. You did not even spread the news about me meeting you and just now, instead of having a great time, you even lied to me just to protect me from being reported to the public. I also find you really beautiful, that it made me want to spend more time in this country just to see you.” he confessed.

You did not know this is how P.O. viewed you as, after hearing his confession your heart felt like it was being so filled up that it was about to burst.

“What do you say? Will you go out with me ~~?” he asked while looking deep into your eyes. You felt really nervous answering him back, but the way he looks at you made you felt like he would be willing to protect you from any harm and so you bravely responded. “Yes.” With that he was back to happy mode again. “Alright lets get my girlfriend back home now shall we?” he happily said and in the corners of your mouth, formed a smile after hearing him say the word girlfriend. Somewhere along the way home, he reached out for your hand while his other hand held the steering wheel of the car. “So this is what it feels like to be somebody’s girlfriend.” You thought to yourself.

 

By the time you guys reached home, P.O. walked you to your home, still holding each others’ hand, both of you not wanting to let go, so you decided to go first. “This is it I guess, I’ll see you next month?” you told him while trying to lose his grip from you.

As you were about to enter the door, P.O. grabbed your hand and stopped you, which made you turn around. “Wait. I forgot to give you this.” He mentioned.

He pulled out a slender thin velvet box from his pocket and slowly opened it. It was a bracelet. Surrounding the bracelet were small stars that sparkle. He removed it from the box and carefully placed it on my hand. “Something to remind you of me while I’m not around.” P.O. shyly said.

You look at the bracelet not resting on your wrist. It looked so pretty, that you felt like you didn’t deserve to have it. “It’s so beautiful, but I don’t think I deserve to have something like this.” You said.

“You do. You’re my girlfriend remember and my first girlfriend for that matter.” He pointed out. “Out of all the girls I’ve met, I chose you. So don’t you go thinking you don’t deserve that thing or me for that matter.” He added.

You felt like you are about to burst in tears after all the things that you’ve heard from him. Love is a strange feeling, it even makes you cry after filling up your heart so much, with intense happy emotions, one cries.

While seeing you about to burst into tears, P.O. draw you close to him and kissed your forehead. “See you soon ~~.”

 

After P.O. went back to Korea, it has been a week already, there were no messages nor calls from him. You were worried that P.O. might have decided not to see you anymore since you were in another country anyway. He might have regretted deciding to have a girlfriend when he is in fact an idol. For the sake of his fans he shouldn’t be in a relationship and all these things.

However, that might no longer be the case. It was 10 in the morning that day and you were at your backyard watering the plants when you received a text from him. “Turn on your TV to channel 145.” That was the content of the text message.

You quickly stepped into your house, open the television in the living room to the said channel. There you saw P.O. together with Block B. They were having a tv show interview talking about girls and their ideal types when P.O. suddenly spoke. “~~ is my type.” You were shocked after hearing him mention your name in television. The MC’s were also stunned about what he had just said. “Who is she? She is not an idol is she?” they asked. “No she is not an idol. She is my girlfriend.” He proudly answered. Everyone on the show was stunned except for the members who might have already known about it. “The members seem to have no reaction about this. Did you guys know?” the MC’s asked.

“Yes, he already informed us about it. Even before they got together he was pestering me about how he will pursue her and all. “ Zico commented making everyone on the show laugh.

“Its true.” P.O. confirmed making you laugh as well.

“So how long have you been dating ~~?” one of the MC’s asked.

“We’ve been together recently but I haven’t contacted her for a week now. She must be really upset right now. Aren’t you?” he asked as if talking only to you.

“Why haven’t you contacted her then? Did you guys fight?” they asked.

“No, but I have been busy talking things through with our company about this, whether this could affect the contracts or not, and I also needed to asked permission to the fandom, as well as my parents and her mom. So it took me a week to finish all these.” He explained.

“All the boyfriends should follow P.O.’s lead. He’s really admirable isn’t he? ~~sshi after this show make sure to give your sweet boyfriend a call okay?” the MC’s commented and a few minutes more of the talk the show ended.

 

You immediately dialed his number and after one rings he answers. “Did you watch the show?” he asked.

“No I didn’t.” you lied.

“Eyy, You watched it. You wont be calling now if you didn’t.” P.O. teased.

“I know it’s only been a week but I miss your voice already.” He added.

“Saranghae.” You said. The words just slipped out of your mouth without really wanting him to hear it, you were just so happy that he even made those effort just to make sure our love wont be kept hidden.

“Can you say that again?” He sounded happy over the phone.

“No.” You shyly said.

“I guess I’ll have to book a flight now then..” P.O. said.

 

 

“Fine. Saranghae Pyo Jihoon-sshi.” You told him.

“Nado. Saranghae.”