001

Today Was A Fairytale

You’ve always been a fan girl of Block B, though you also love other boy groups, you were a BBC.

 

Before their said departure back to Korea the next day, Block B decided one day to stop by your mother’s restaurant since she was a famous chef in your country. She is known to be the best in cooking traditional Chinese cuisines, which she inherited from your grandparents. Block B silently ate in a group, munching on all the food with satisfied look on their faces. When your mom found out that they were the boy group named Block B, she quickly called you to go downstairs. Without knowing the reason why she was calling you, even after just having finished washing your hair you headed downstairs to go to your mother.

You were just shocked, frozen on your spot when she introduced you to block b. You were so stunned and shy that all you were able to blurt out was an anneyong haseyo, bowed and immediately left the table without even having to have a proper look of the members. All you saw was P.O. slurping his noodles while having a slight glance at you. You were annoyed that you still had a towel in your head, no make up in your face and only wearing PJ’s. If you knew block b was coming then you would have prepared. You sat alone in your back yard clearly upset of what happened when a tall guy, wearing red sweater and black coat came by. A low tone voice asked if he could sit by you and when you looked up it was non other than Pyo Jihoon, your bias in Block B, all alive in front of you. You nodded and offered him a sit beside you. Suddenly both of you were silent, but you decided to start talking, since this might be your first and last time to encounter an idol might as well take the courage to talk to him. You started with an Anneyong haseyo oppa, even though you were one year older than him, followed by sorry I can only speak jogeum (little) Korean, followed by a hand gesture showing how little you can speak the language. P.O. just laughed at you, finding you adorable. “So where are you heading later on? I heard that tomorrow is your flight back to Korea?” you asked him.

“How did you find out?” P.O. asked in surprise.

“Your schedule was uploaded at the fan café, I just happen to see it.” you pointed out so as to prove that you are not a stalker.

You guys had a small conversation until finally it was already time for him to leave for his schedules. Talking to P.O. was fun because he talked to you like he’d talk to any person, rather than making it as if you were really a fan.

 

You were sad that it was time for him to leave, but at the same time thankful for the opportunity. You wanted to keep this memory forever. He was just a really sweet guy just how you always thought he was.

 

That evening, you and your mom were invited as guests to the diplomatic ball by the president and ambassador of Indonesia and China, since your mom is a good friend of the Indonesian ambassador, and she is also a chef known by the Chinese president. You prepared the ball dress that your mom newly bought for you that day, applied make up, and carefully curled your hair up.

 

Arriving the hotel, you can see the glint of happiness in your mother’s eyes, which is why even though you really did not have anything to do in this place, you agreed and did not hesitate to accompany your mother there. Eventually, the event started, and famous artists in China were introduced one by one, the ambassadors arrived, but what you didn’t know was Block B was also coming to this event. They all looked dashing wearing their suits, with hair all slicked up. When the MC called their names, you eventually saw them making their way to the center and giving their famous line “Do you wanna B? Block B! Annyeong haseyo, Block B imnida.”

 

After the introduction, the ball finally started. You really did not know how to dance, and wanted to go and hide somewhere, but you couldn’t find your mother anymore. Somewhere along all the greetings with the other guests and ambassadors, you lost her. You were standing alone at the food table when a 30’s old looking man approached you and offered you a dance, you hesitated for a bit, but before answering the guy, someone suddenly approaches. “Sorry, she’s with me.” P.O. told the guy. You were just shocked that he is appearing in front of you once again, grinning like a child. “So we meet again ~~.” He said, you just smiled back at him not knowing what to say. “Shall we dance?” he offered, but you didn’t know how and was too embarrassed to show your favorite idol your poor dancing skills, which is why you declined, but he did not take no for an answer and dragged you into the ballroom or the center. Good thing the beat of the song was now changed into an upbeat one instead of the typical ballroom dance type of song wherein one has to put the hands into the others waist, which needed a lot of skin ship. You just shyly, copying the gestures of the other dancers and doing it in small steps, obviously struggling to keep up. In front of you, you see the dashing P.O. cracking up, and mocking you, but still trying to hold his composure together.

 

After the dancing and bits of conversation with him, it was eventually time for everyone to leave. You knew this is the last time that you guys will be able to meet since he lives somewhere else. Trying to hold yourself from not being upset and becoming greedy of having him here with you all by yourself, you reached out your hand to him offering him a handshake. P.O. stared at your hand for quite sometime before finally deciding to shake your hand, you didn’t know how to read his facial expression but he didn’t seem to be happy nor sad, nor anything at all.

It was a long handshake, his hand was warm and his hold was heavy on your hand, but eventually you let go first. His hand still tingles on your even though its no longer there. It was a weird feeling that you yourself could not describe.

At home, you lay on your bed, still trying to reminisce the events this morning and evening. You did not expect to see this person twice this day, and he even remembered your name, when you did not even mention it to him yourself. Everything was just so nice that you wished someone could have a memory card in the brain to save the whole thing as it is, enough for it to last a lifetime.

 

 

The next day, you were back to how you always were. Just like how fairytales end, as quickly as it started, you cleaned your room and put back the dress you wore yesterday and dumped it into the laundry, cooked your own mean, and feed your pet dog Zelo. While you were gardening the back yard, sometimes glancing at the wooden seat where you two were having a conversation, and thinking whether he’s in the airport already meeting the other fans. “I should probably save up for their next concert.” You thought and wondered if your friend Jessica would want to go together with you.

 

You were working at your part time job, at the hotel just a few stores away from your mother's restaurant, sitting at help desk listening to Zico’s new song I am You, You are Me when someone came to check in you immediately took off your earphones as soon as you saw who it was. You stood out of the help desk to talk to him properly. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the airport?” you asked worriedly.

“Why? You don’t want me here?” P.O. teased.

The members will leave this noon but he asked his manager of he could extend his stay here since they still have a week left of vacation and there’s someone he met that he wanted to spend more time with and that was with you.

 

You were so surprised, you did not know why or how it happened but because you were so happy hearing that he wanted to stay because of you, unconsciously you went to him and hugged him, you thought he’s push you away or freak out by what you did but he did it back! You heard it people! He did it back! Hugging him, he felt so warm, and your heartbeat is not stopping as if like you ran a marathon when in fact you were just standing there in front of him. Everything felt so new, you didn’t even know that you were capable of doing such things.