Quick Author's Note

With Death

I realized recently that this is no way completely gives you an idea of what was happening at that time.

I really appreciate all of the comments, subscribers, and even the silent readers- but I feel like I should give you a little bit of insight on this oneshot now.

When I wrote this, I was coping with something that was happening in my sister's life and how she was handling it.

So while the events in this oneshot are- to say the least- angsty, the actual events occurred nonetheless.

Although I have changed the names of those involved to that of Korean pop stars (that I trully adore- SHINee~ <3), it doesn't change the fact that this happened.

 

Two boys that my sister was really close with were struck by a car. The driver of said car was high and had pot in his car and when he hit the two of them, he was fleeing the police. One of them actually saw the car coming and attempted to save the other by pushing him out of the way (in my fic I portrayed Minho in this role) ; however his intention was good, the one he pushed still ended up dying later that day in the hospital (Key in the fic). Everyone that ever knew the two went into shock after the accident and on Sunday morning (like I wrote) it was announced all over the internet and by word of mouth that a kid that both of them knew committed suicide. 

 

I still don't wish to edit this oneshot though. I feel that in some small way the memory of that weekend and how it affected everyone can be immortalized in these words. They were good kids- all three of them- but they ended up cheated of life because of a drug addict (and dealer) who was too caught up in escaping the police. While I am glad that the man was caught, tried, and convicted- the memories of those days are still so fresh that even just re-reading this oneshot brings back memories of watching my sister that Saturday.

Death is a scary thing, and it can tear those apart who are left behind. I pray that no one else has the survivor's remorse that Taemin's character experienced, but it's real life. This type of stuff can happen. Although it is all too freaky and upsetting, if we let it get us down we'll be stuck in one place. I can't let that happen to anyone I know, so I've written this out to clarify my own thoughts. I know I helped my sister move on so that she can face the day with a smile on her face even after such a shattering event. And although this oneshot still scares me in some respects, I'm grateful I actually had the ability to write it down.

For me, it's a note- or a reminder, if you will. I hope you were able to take something from it as well. I pray that you never have to face such a situation, but if you do- stay strong. You're not alone, everyone will feel that pain and sense of loss; just make sure you find someone you trust to rely on.

 

~Ling<3