Song-Song Couple: Running Man Special

Song-Song Couple.. Please!

"Yaa.. why are you making us wearing tuxedo early in the morning?" Jae Suk began to bable about the choice of wardrobe for the shooting of the episode on that day. Then as usual he made fun of the Commander who was wearing a tight shirt that emphaized his muscular body, followed by Gary who kept complaining that the suit doesn't match with his image as a rapper. None of the members have a clue on what the theme would be, but from their six years of experience with the show they concluded that there's going to be couple race.

 

Excited to know who their partners will be, the men mentioned few names of young k-pop female idols who they looked forward to. "Ji Hyo is not here.. so she must be waiting with the rest of the female guests," Jae Suk shared his theory which was agreed by Suk Jin and Haha. Kwang Soo being his usual self naturally teased his older friend, "I hope Gary hyung will be paired with noona so the rest of us can have the young idols!". "Wae?! She was in my past.. arasso?!" Gary exploded and made the rest laughing at his reaction. He even added that since the shooting happens on Sunday, Ji Hyo and himself are free to choose their own partner on that day.

 

While they were busy bickering and chatting among themselves, suddenly a black luxurious car appeared and parked nearby. Everyone was anxious to welcome the guests as the passenger's door was opened, and their eyes were locked on the same target as 'someone' stepped out from the vehicle. "Omo.. Song Joong Ki?!" Jae Suk and the rest were in shock to see their old team mate standing right in front of them, looking extremely handsome in full suit that matched with the theme for that day. With a bright smile on his face, Joong Ki bowed and greeted the Running Man members, "Annyeonghaseyo! May I introduce my partner for today?"

 

"Who is it? Ji Hyo?" Gary was slightly jealous when he saw his Monday Girlfriend appeared from the same car with Joong Ki, clinging on the young man's arm as both of them calmly approached the Running Man casts. Her face was beaming although she was smiling shyly when Joong Ki cupped her hand that was holding his arm, as if he was making sure that she will not let it go for a second. Haha who had his eyes locked on the pair was eager to know the truth, "Why were you two in the same car? Are you guys a couple?". "Wae oppa? Do you have any objection against us?" Ji Hyo began to play her 'new role' with Joong Ki and made her partner let out a small laugh.

 

On the other hand, Jae Suk was amazed by Ji Hyo's answer, "Waa.. Song Ji Hyo has totally ditched her Monday Boyfriend after he ignored her for Seolhyun!". "She cheated on me first with Chen Bo Lin!" Gary quickly defended himself before the actress could say a word. Feeling responsible to protect his partner, Joong Ki responded on behalf of Ji Hyo, "Noona has the right to choose her own partner.. be it on or of the screen. About Chen Bo Lin.. as long as they haven't kiss officially I think it's not wrong for her to consider other options."

 

"So you're here as her option?" Jong Kook caught the young man with a question that he couldn't answer. When everybody were laughing at her partner, Ji Hyo naturally offered her reply, "Isn't he the best option that I have?". Her spontaneous reaction was hilarious to the Running Man casts - except for Gary who was upset with her words. The rapper was hoping that she would say her Monday Boyfriend is the best, but that seems impossible with Joong Ki around showing off his affection towards the Monday Girlfriend.

 

As time was ticking, the PD announced that Ji Hyo and Joong Ki will decide the pair for the six remaining players. The Song-Song Couple agreed to put Haha and Jong Kook in one team, Gary and Kwang Soo as the next team, followed by Suk Jin and Jae Suk as the final team. In total, the four pairs will compete in three mini challenges before the final tag-ripping game as the finale, with every task offers an amount of 'R' money for them to use later. At the end of the third activity, Haha and Jong Kook were leading with highest amount of 'R' money received, while Suk Jin and Jae Suk were at the bottom as they lost two out of three games.

 

Everyone moved to the 'battle arena' as they prepared for the last activity which is none other than the tag-ripping challenge. To celebrate the return of Joong Ki to Running Man, the Song-Song Couple was given the honour to be the attacker while the rest as defender who had to survive the game for an hour. The 'R' money was used to purchase either weapon (for the attacker) or shield (for the defender), so each pair carefully selected their items based on the amount of 'R' money that they have.

 

After successfully eliminating Suk Jin and Jae Suk, the next target for Song-Song Couple was none other than Gary and Kwang Soo. They found their prey after fifteen minutes of searching, but the two guys were not an easy opponent. "Wait a minute.. wait a minute! How could you attack your own best friend?! Andwae!!" Kwang Soo screaming at the top of his lungs as Joong Ki ripped off his name tag while Gary was 'detained' by Ji Hyo at a corner. Feeling sorry for his buddy, the young man patted on Kwang Soo's shoulder as the 'guards' sent the tall guy off to prison, "Mianhae my friend. But today I fight for noona!".

 

While both of his wrists being held by the Ace, Gary took the opportunity to reignite the spark between the Monday Couple, "Oh.. you still can't forget me, can you? Is that the reason you're holding on to me like this?". Ji Hyo just giggled as an answer, not sure how to react to Gary's cheeky questions. The rapper continued to act out his jealousy, "You know I purposely hit on Seolhyun because I was upset with you dating Chen Bo Lin.. right? Ji Hyo aah.. why do you always treat oppa like this?".

 

"Ah oppa.. do you really need to talk about that right now?" Ji Hyo was uncomfortable with the topic chose by Gary, and she wished he would stop making her the 'bad guy' in their relationship. Many of Monday Couple fans had turned their back on her when they found out about her show with Chen Bo Lin, so adding more spice to the situation will only worsen her reputation as an actress. But Gary seems to be clueless of that as he kept on with his act, "Ji Hyo aah. Mianhae. I know deep in your heart you still have feeling for oppa and that's why oppa will give us another chance to start over. So can you let me live for once?"

 

Honestly she was thinking of letting him free (just like Gary did when he captured her in the early years of Running Man), but Joong Ki immediately came to the rescue after he took out Kwang Soo. "Gwaenchana noona.. I will fight Gary hyung for you!" the young man confidently spoken and told Ji Hyo to step aside. The rapper was provoked by the young man's boldness, "Why were you interfering our Monday Couple moment? I'm not letting you take my woman away!". "Monday Couple period is over hyung. Now it's Song-Song Couple time!" Joong Ki refused to back off, and he suddenly felt the urge to defend his 'relationship' from broken - despite it was only meant for the show.

 

As she was tired with all the 'drama', Ji Hyo decided to take matter into her own hand. She leaned forward and ripped off Gary's name tag, then handed it to him with an annoyed face, "There.. it's done!". The rapper was speechless with her decision to eliminate him, while Joong Ki was so happy that she did it without hesitation. "So it's true.. Monday Couple is over!" the young man smiled brightly as he spreaded his arms to hug his partner, but Ji Hyo declined his affection as she wasn't comfortable to overreact in front of the camera. "We shouldn't celebrate until we take down the final team.. arachi?" she reminded him of their main focus for that day.

 

The Song-Song Couple was back to doing the mission, but due to lack of time they failed to eliminate Jong Kook and Haha. Jae Suk announced the final winner once everyone has gathered, and later welcomed Joong Ki as permanent member in Running Man. "Gary doesn't seem to be happy with the news. Wae geu rae?" the Commander noticed that the rapper was frowning, and now all eyes were on Gary who (with a sad voice) replied, "I feel like having to fight for my woman all over again. Aargh.. stress!".

 

"Did Ji Hyo really ripped off your name tag by herself?" Haha seek for confirmation, to which Gary responded with a weak nod. The short guy was amazed by the truth, "Wah.. Ji Hyo does change when Joong Ki is back!". "Yaa! I was just carrying out my mission! What's wrong with that?!" Ji Hyo became defensive when she felt that Haha was blaming her for hurting Gary's feeling, and she partly regretted for taking that action. Still she made everyone laughed when the 'Bad Ji Hyo' inside of her surfaced, as it was common for the Running Man family to josh each other like this. "I forgive you this time, yeobo!" once again Gary made a cheeky response, which was amusing to the casts. But little they knew that it was the beginning of a 'war' between two possible match, and only one remains as the most favourite couple in Running Man show. Can you guess which of them?

 

-The End-