Noona.. I'm Back!

Song-Song Couple.. Please!

Ji Hyo humming a happy song as she parked her car at the basement of the building. She checked on her appearance for one last time before leaving her vehicle - making sure that she looks presentable to start the shooting. A couple of workers who shared the same lift with her greeted the actress with a big smile, and Ji Hyo never rejected any request for a selfie with her fans. It was her usual Sunday morning where she will be seeing the production crews for filming at the agreed location, but strangely she didn't see the other Running Man members at that point of time.

 

"Was I too early? That's new!" she praised herself, thinking that for once she's the first to arrive. Just a couple more steps from the meeting area, Ji Hyo received a phone call from the PD. "Ne.. PD-nim. I'm here already," the Ace briefly answered the call and knocked on the door with confidence. The PD welcomed her in, but she was surprised to see that he was having a 'visitor'. "Omo.. Song Joong Ki? Are you our guest for today? Daebak!" Ji Hyo shrieking with joy as the young man stood up and gave her a hug. Considering how close they were when Joong Ki was a permanent member in Running Man, it wasn't awkward for those two to show affection in front of the PD.

 

Once they broke the hug, the PD explained the situation to the Ace, "Actually.. our Joong Ki is not here as a guest. Have a seat before I spill out the details." Though Joong Ki was giggling at the PD's response, Ji Hyo on the other hand was getting nervous. She sat next to her dongsaeng with a clueless face, "Am I the only one who will be hearing this?". Naturally Joong Ki grabbed Ji Hyo's hand to calm her down, "Gwaenchana noona. There's a reason for that. PD-nim.. why don't you share with her what we've discussed earlier?".

 

"Ne. We all know that since we did the Q&A session on Monday Couple, it seems like the fans were no longer into that on-screen relationship.. probably because Gary was also retreating from his role as Monday Boyfriend and you're now in that show with Chen Bo Lin," the PD paused for a while to observe her reaction. She seems to understand where the conversation was heading, "I guess it's time to move on from that role. Right PD-nim?".

 

The PD nodded, "You're right. MC was loved by many before this.. but now it has lost the magic, which is why we're thinking of a new pair." Ji Hyo's eyes widened when she heard his answer, "New pair? What do you mean? Are we having another female member for Gary?". "Yaa noona! Why would Running Man needs that? It's already doing well with you in the team," Joong Ki chipped in as he couldn't wait to reveal the good news. The actress stared at the pretty boy in confusion, "So if it's not.. then it's.. Joong Ki?"

 

"Why else would he be here?" the PD let out a small laugh at the blank Ji Hyo who was still trying to figure out their plan. Joong Ki joined the laughter as he teased the actress, "You really live up to your nickname as Mongji, noona!". Feeling a bit lost from the jokes, Ji Hyo asked another question to confirm her assumption, "Omo.. that means Joong Ki is coming back as a pair to someone?". "And that someone is you, noona. Surprise!" the pretty boy excitedly replied, wrapping the actress in his arm to celebrate the good news.

 

Suddenly Ji Hyo felt awkward with the affection she received from the hot young actor who once known as the pretty boy in Running Man. She knew how famous he is with the new drama that's currently on screen, which gave her doubt to agree with the idea of pairing with him. "PD-nim, can't we reconsider this idea? I mean.. it's great to have Joong Ki back in Running Man, but wouldn't his fans be upset if we become an item? They all ship him with his co-star at this moment.. and you're right PD-nim. I'm currently doing a show with Chen Bo Lin. What would the people say if I'm involved with two men at once? That will look bad on me as a woman," she gave her reasons to reject the proposal.

 

"PD-nim.. can you excuse us for a second?" suddenly Joong Ki was speaking in a serious tone, and the PD understood his demand. The two famous stars were left alone to continue with the conversation. "Noona.. actually it's not the PD's idea to pair us together. It was my suggestion when he asked me if I'm ready to come back," Joong Ki cupped the hands of the actress while shooting a deep stare into her eyes. Ji Hyo was surprised to hear his confession, "Why would you propose that to him? Have you ever considered what your fans might say about this? Remember Joong Ki. We have .."

 

"That never matters to me, noona. Besides.. it's not like people didn't know how I feel about you previously," he smiled to assure her of the decision he made. But Ji Hyo was still reluctant to agree as she was afraid of the consequences, "Aish this boy.. do you want me to gather more haters among your fans? I had enough of them when I decided to do that show with Bo Lin. Now you want me to 'betray' him by pairing with you in Running Man? No thanks!"

 

"It's not like Bo Lin is your real boyfriend.. or is he?" Joong Ki's question made the actress lost her words for a while. She doesn't know why she cares so much about her on-screen relationship, when all that was nothing more than for the sake of entertainment. When there's no respond from the Ace, Joong Ki continued to persuade her, "It's been a while since someone treat you like a woman in Running Man, noona. Even Gary hyung who used to fight for your attention has 'cheated' you with other female guest.. so why can't you do the same with me? Let me be the one who take good care of you when the others turn you down. I will show the men how to appreciate you more than anything. Can you give me that chance?"

 

She smiled. Her heart was touched by his sincerity to be her 'guardian angel' although he's much younger. Despite a lot of beautiful female guests came to the show when he was with Runing Man, Joong Ki would always choose her side and he made it obvious in front of the camera. If only she was brave enough to accept his confession at the snowy mountain, she wouldn't have to fake her feeling towards Gary for almost 6 years and they wouldn't need to go through that scientific lab test just to prove that Monday Couple was never real. Now that she received a second chance to make it right, Ji Hyo knew she shouldn't repeat the same mistake with Joong Ki.

 

"Are you sure you're up to this? Because the moment we said yes.. there's no turning back. Arasso?" she reminded him firmly. The young man's face was beaming again, "Of course noona! You can always count on me. We'll be the greatest couple in the history of Running Man. So.. are you in?". "Since you insist, why not we revive the Song-Song Couple moment?" she formed a smile for him as an agreement. With both hands in the air to celebrate the success, Joong Ki happily announced, "Finally.. the real Song-Song Couple is back! Let's surprise the guys.. shall we?". The two shook hands to lock the deal, and now their getting ready to show some chemistry when the camera is rolling. So that's how it began -  a new romance that spiced up the Running Man show every Sunday.