Panda

Back In Time

As I slowly opened my eyes the first thing I saw was a cherry tree. It stood still but it's leaves moved in the direction the wind blew. The sound of the branches brushing each other was pleasing to the ear. I closed my eyes once again to listen to it closely. I heard birds chirping, wind blowing and... children laughing... 

 

wait...  

 

Aren't I suppose to be in school?

 

I swiftly sat up with eyes wide open and looked around me. I looked right, left, then right again, then I understood I traveled back in time without me noticing. I mentally face palmed myself. 

 

"Great. What should I do now? Seeing as I have a lot of free time." I spoke to myself as I leaned on the cherry tree behind me. The weather was wonderful and I never wanted to leave but I can't stay in one place for a long time or else the time cops will find me. 

 

The time cops are, as the name states, cops, but they are cops who maintain the balance of time and space. They make sure that everything is in place to insure the future of every individual on earth. They are human but... they are a little different. Just like us time travelers.

 

So, why can't I be found by these time cops? It's because my family ordered them to keep an eye on me and if ever I traveled back in time they would bring me back to the present time. Since I can't control my abilities that well, my mere presence was a threat to anyone who comes in contact with me. I could disrupt the past. 

Why am I hiding? Just because.

 

A few minutes passed and I finally decided to stand up and find grandpa Suga's place. The place where time travelers stay whenever they are on a mission. Missions given to us in exchange for treasures and money. It wasn't considered an official job but a lot of time travelers work full time for a living. 

 

My family was no exception. The Park family was known as the best time travelers of all time. Missions were constantly given to us and thus making us super rich.

 

A sudden tug on my skirt cut my thoughts. I narrowed my eyes and turned around. The moment I saw who it was my eyes enlarged and the blood in my system stopped functioning the way it should be. It was Taehyung, no... to be precise, it was 10 years old Taehyung. 

 

He was short, pale skin, black hair and super cute I wanted to pinch his cheeks so badly. But before I could move an inch from my current position, Taehyung looked at me straight in the eye. His eyes were full of sadness, I wonder why. The Taehyung I know is cheerful, happy, full of life... not sad.

 

As I gestured my hand forward to pat on his head when I was interupted by Chanyeol oppa. One of the 12 time cops. 

 

"Jaehee! What do you think you're doing?!" Chanyeol said narrowing his eyes as he walked closer in our direction. I rolled my eyes and held Taehyungs hand as we ran as fast as we could away from the big bad guy.

Chanyeol oppa, obviously, ran after us. We ran from the rice fields and into the city centre where we had more advantage since hiding in little alleys was, let's say, my hobby.

 

I pulled on Taehyungs hand to make sure if he was still following me and he was. I looked behind me to see what he was up to and saw his famous rectangular smile printed on his face. I slightly smiled and ran through the crowd finding an alley we could hide into. Left, right, there! A dark alley surrounded by a dark aura. Nobody on their right mind would go in there, except someone who needs to hide. *points at myself*

 

I pushed taehyung in before me as I check the area. Chanyeol oppa was a feet away from us and was now panting heavily and was sweating bullets. 'Ahaha! You an old man now Chanyeol oppa.' I mentally said to myself as I hid together with Taehyung who was now giggling. I tilted my head as a sign that I was asking why he was laughing and he understood. 

 

"Because I had so much fun Noona!" He said smiling. 

 

He should be more worried about himself though, I mean, he just got kidnapped by a 17 year old teenager you know. Well, I didn't really kidnapp him, more like... I saved him? 

 

"Noona." Taehyung said as he tugged on my sleeve. "Whats you're name?" He asked but I couldn't respond to his question. I broke too much rules.

I just stared at him, thankfully he thought of something else.

 

"Noona, since you won't tell me your name I'll call you whatever I want." He said with arms wide open. 

He put his hand on his chin as he thought of a name to call me.

 

"Hmm... since you have pitch black hair, white school uniform... with a panda pin... Panda pin... Panda! " 

One of my brows rose as I heard the name he just called me. 'P...p...pa...Panda?!'

 

And thus began the day I became Panda.

 

Would this day get any better?