Confrontation

A Romance Unholy

Daehyun had asked Youngjae to fulfill his end of the deal and he was told that Junhong had gave him a fun fact about Daehyun's lack of aura. The Fallen was fuming, finally understanding why Youngjae despised the demon so much. Other than the fact that he was a demon, of course. 

When he caught sight of the demon he was looking for, it took him a few moments to realize it was him. Last time Daehyun had checked, the male had pink hair. However, it had been changed to blue in the time he stopped seeing him around. Ignoring the two others around Junhong - Himchan and Jongup - Daehyun marched over to their area.

"You, blueberry." He stuck out his index finger to point directly at the tall demon. "Come with me, we're gonna have a little talk." Junhong raised his eyebrow and glanced at Himchan, who seemed to be saying something with his eyes. Unforunately, Junhong was slightly dense in that department, as shown by the confusion in his visage.

"You know I'm not involved, Zelo. Deal with them yourself. That's why you're in charge." The statement was vague enough for Jongup to not get suspicious - then again, he was overall not a nosy person. For that, the demons were thankful. Daehyun's confidence began to fade when Himchan's narrowed eyes landed on him. A smirk grew on Satan's lips. "Ooh~ I see then. I wouldn't do that if I were you." He was talking to Daehyun. The sentences were coded and passive, but the Fallen understood. 

Himchan could tell he was a Fallen and warned him not to challenge Junhong. Daehyun was unable to use his power to counter Junhong anyways. But the Fallen had no intent on fighting Junhong. In fact, he wanted to give him a warning, but avoid physically going against him at all costs. He knew that he was at a grave disadvantage to Junhong either way.

"Shut up you. Come with me. Now."

"Daehyun, everything alright?" Jongup looked at him with concern. Daehyun's demanding tone had caught the dancer's attention. He had a glimpse of the Fallen's serious tone once before, but to have a better view of how the man behaved in fury was something new. 

"Yeah, yeah. Soon as your friend stops chewing gum loudly, spits it out, and comes with me."

Junhong popped his bubble and  in the thin layer of gum that remained. "Calm your attitude, penguin. Since you're so adamant on talking to me, I guess I'll humor you. Let's go." The demon walked past Daehyun.

Said brunette watched the blue haired man's retreating figure and quickly jogged to catch up. "Penguin?"

"Yup, 'cause you're flightless." Junhong's bored expression was altered with a smirk when he spotted Daehyun's wince from the corner of his eye. That hit a nerve, didn't it?

It was only when they were at the opening of the garden did Junhong notice where Daehyun was leading him to. He groaned, turning around and walking a few steps away before Daehyun grabbed his arm.

"No, no, no. We need to talk. Follow me, don't you dare walk away."

"I don't need to listen to you. If you really need to talk, can't we do it elsewhere?"

"Ugh, what do you have against the garden? Damn, do demons just despise anything tranquil?" 

"No, I just despise this place because- because..." Junhong pouted, seeming all too normal for someone who planned out a whole massacre. "Let's get this over with. Quickly." He didn't want to stand in the garden filled with an unpleasant memory any longer than he had to. Luckily, Daehyun didn't pry, but Junhong be damned if he believed the brunette wouldn't tell Youngjae about it. 

"Alright, let's be straightforward. What I am is none of your concern. You have no right to tell anybody or give tidbits to your toys, got it?"

Junhong scoffed, but then his expression stiffened. " toys? What?"

Daehyun rolled his eyes. "Youngjae you ing . Now he knows a secret I've been trying to keep hidden from him and everyone else because you wanted to drop some knowledge. Watch yourself. Don't you dare do it again."

The demon was sure Youngjae would hate to hear that label. "Ooh~ That's what you're angry about. Hmn, you've been doing a pretty bad job at keeping your little secret." He hummed. "Is that a threat?" Junhong tilted his head and smiled cutely, but it could only be deemed as creepy in the current situation. The expression was threatening. It reminded Daehyun of children in horror movies with yet existent baby fat in their cheeks that made them look all too adorable until they brutally murdered their own parents.

Daehyun gulped, fear building up in the pit of his stomach. He understood it better now. Youngjae's fear, how frightened he got. He understood it better and he mentally applauded his best friend for dealing with such a person constantly. Daehyun nodded in response to the demon, not trusting his voice to come easy and smoothly. He expected a voice crack, or his voice to come out as a murmer or whisper. Either way, the Fallen didn't want to display any form of weakness. Not like Junhong couldn't tell anyways.

"Even if I tell every angel and demon I know, just what can you do about it?" Daehyun swallowed again. He looked around nervously, not knowing how to answer the question. He was trapped. A bird with clipped wings in a cage, waiting to be slaughtered and turned into a Thanksgiving entrée. Junhong smirked. "I think we're done here." The taller took his leave without looking back at Daehyun.

When he was out of the brunette's line of vision, Daehyun fell to his knees as they could no longer support his weight. His hands covered his face in frustration and his heart was beating fast. It began to slow down, coming down from it's high that had been caused by fear. 

"God, I hate demons."


"Are you a ing idiot? Did you really think confronting him would work? What if you got into a fight and he killed you? Hm? What would I do then? , think a little. Or let me do the thinking for you." Youngjae could go on for days about how stupid and idiotic his best friend had been to nearly waste his life away. Who would annoy the blonde and force him to enjoy life if Daehyun was gone? 

Daehyun's mouth opened and closed multiple times, as if he were imitating the movement of a fish. In his thought process, he decided to tell Youngjae about his discovery. "I'm not completely idiotic. I found out something weird about him. When I tried to talk to him in the garden he really wanted to not go in. He seemed to be avoiding something, maybe someone."

The statement left Youngjae bewildered for a few moments, but suddenly it clicked. He understood and his understanding was unpleasant. Warmth quickly found its way to his cheeks and red began to color his skin. He kept quiet and looked away, prompting confusion from Daehyun.


Himchan leaned his back against the wall and looked Yongguk straight in the eye, expression bored. This was the second time Yongguk was this close, his hand pressed against the wall behind the demon. They'd been in a stare down for a good three minutes, unmoving. No students meandered in the hallways to have a view of the moment.

Yongguk was analyzing, attempting to figure out if there was some kind of joke, a trick. Someone like Himchan - how could they be Satan? And why would Satan choose to abstain from the war? So many questions were swimming in his head but for some reason unbeknownst to him, Yongguk didn't want to test the waters. Or maybe he did. Maybe he was just scared of the answers he'd get. Maybe he was scared he'd instigate the joining of Himchan in the war. 

"Do you get it yet? Or do you still have questions?" Himchan remained calm, casual, bored, and terrifyingly indifferent. No trace of the playful and clingy person that Yongguk used to blow off his shoulders and tell off. He sort of wished that the other would bring back his joking and lustful personality. His bothersome flirting and his pesky skinship. The Himchan he saw now was terrifying. He was all too serious and showed his authoritive personality more often than not.

It was the personality of someone that would destroy you without a second thought. That's what the archangel was afraid of.

"I don't. I don't get it at all." Yongguk pushed himself off the wall but Himchan didn't move. "You're a good actor. I applaud you for that."

Himchan hummed. "I wasn't acting." A smile spread on his lips. "Think about that." 

He wasn't acting. He never did. Since the year he'd caught sight of Yongguk and began to bother the music major, he never acted. Sure, the man liked to flirt around and played with feelings. But all of the victims normally ended up dead. He'd never played the game this long. Usually Himchan would get something ual out of it and killed the person, but if they were unresponsive he'd just kill them without gaining anything more. The man never chased after someone for so long - even less for nearly four years. 

At first he thought it was because the other was an angel, but it wasn't realistic. The sense of thrill whenever he was near Yongguk. The way he couldn't seem to detach himself from the other.

But no. That was forbidden. He couldn't. Being with an angel - it was... despicable for his race. it wasn't something he could simply just do.

Himchan's plan had been to have with Yongguk and hope that in the end it'd all been lust. He hoped for it. But Yongguk made it harder than it needed to be. 

Himchan left Yongguk to his own devices and left the scene he never wished to be a part of.


Jongup entered the convenience store in search of food. The grocery store had already closed and even if it was open he wouldn't know what to buy. Himchan usually came through with the groceries because he always cooked for Junhong and him. Jongup had not an ounce of an idea of how to cook anything but rice - he wasn't going eat rice for the rest of his life. Junhong was no where near any better in the cooking department. The younger male somehow burned water; Jongup didn't even know that was possible.

The dancer looked around to find ramen cups and settled for those. They'd have to survive on instant noodles until Himchan made another trip to the grocery store. 

He payed with whatever money he had and exited the store. The walk back to the campus wasn't long, but the darkness that began to set over the city made everything seem more ominous. Not that Jongup wasn't used to the setting, he'd been in the place for a while now. He began to walk.

It didn't last long, however, as he was pulled back by a gloved hand and an arm wrapped around his waist. He started being dragged back, possibly into a van or an alleyway, he didn't know.

"You're coming with me, boy. You're pretty special, you know?"

No. He didn't know. And he didn't care to. As panic settled in the pit of his stomach, Jongup looked for any opening - there were none. So he instead he chose an unsuccessful tactic and screamed. He screamed to the top of his lungs despite the noise being muffled by the glove restricting his voice. It was useless and he didn't get the result he asked for, but it didn't matter when he still found some type of escape.

Something otherworldy. A sense of power. Something invisible yet explosive. It blew away his attacker and slammed them into a brick wall of an apartment building. Jongup breathed in and turned his head to find the person unconscious and their neck turned in an abnormal way. His escape didn't help to relieve his panic when a new problem arose. Jongup quickly checked the pulse of the person, finding nothing but skin and the feeling of veins.

They were dead.

Jongup got up and ran all the way to the dorms, not stopping to catch his breath even once.


Junhong nearly jumped out of his skin when the door to the dorm slammed open and revealed a panting and red faced Jongup. Tears had streamed down his face and he closed the door, sniffling slightly. Jongup set down a bag containing the ramen cups and finally fell on his weak knees.

The demon rose from his seat on the couch and walked over to Jongup, crouching down. "What happened?" His tone was concerned and strict. He was ready to defend Jongup should anyone have done something to him.

Jongup breathed in and out. He paused. He didn't look at Junhong. "Junhong... I was attacked- they grabbed- and I couldnt- I tried to scream- but then they stopped and just- I don't... I don't know what happened Junhong I swear I don't know-" Jongup cried harder and breathed unevenly with every word he let out. This sight of Jongup was new. The man who always smiled, just what could have occurred that he was crying hysterically?

"Jongup. Calm down. What happened? Seriously."

Jongup finally looked at Junhong dead in the eye. He swallowed and narrowed his eyes, calming his shaky voice to say those five words.

"Junhong, I killed a man." 

♥️

A/N; Ooohhh, what do you think Jongup did? What do you think happened??

Sorry for taking so long to update. Anyways, a nice sneak peak of Jongup and wow Himchan looks like we know a little more about you, huh? 

Adieu~ ^u^