Confess

A Romance Unholy

Daehyun exited the classroom, passing by a rushing Hyoseong in the process. They made eye contact and nodded at each other, silently reassuring each other they would in fact rendezvous where planned.

Youngjae jumped when Daehyun entered the dorm with a slam of the door and began to change clothing, startled by the other’s sudden actions. He raised an eyebrow at Daehyun’s rushed state, silent and not saying a word to the person who lived with him. It was odd, as Daehyun could normally never shut his mouth and always had something to say.

“Where are you going?” Youngjae questioned, wondering why the other was getting ready for seemingly nothing.

Daehyun was near emotionless, using dead sentences that didn’t prompt for a continued conversation. “Home.” He answered before walking over to his hat rack.

“You coming back?”

“I don’t know.” Daehyun pulled on a snapback backwards over his hair and grabbed his keys, waving goodbye to his best friend. Youngjae stood bewildered, watching the other disappear behind the wooden object.

Hyoseong waited at the front of the campus for Daehyun to arrive. She was clad in a black crop top and a small green jacket that she intentionally left open. Her favorite snapback was on backwards and her lips were red, lipstick thick like blood. When Daehyun finally did get there she unintentionally gave him a once-over and finally began to speak.

“So where are we going anyways?” She asked.

Daehyun motioned for her to follow him to the bus stop. “To my house, he’s there.”

Hyoseong raised an eyebrow. “Not sure if I should trust you. I’ve had way too many guys take me to their house and it never ended pretty.” Her hands were shoved into the pockets of her black joggers.

Daehyun rolled his eyes, a small huff going through parted lips. “If we were to be completely honest here, you could overpower me in a second, so stop worrying.”

A small smile appeared on her lips. “And the reasoning for that?”

Daehyun stopped talking for the sake of avoiding revealing his secret. Little did he know that Hyoseong already understood why. She was playing oblivious and dumb, waiting until he told her himself. Just as she was going to press the question further, the bus arrived and he seemed to sigh in relief. Hyoseong followed after Daehyun and sat next to him in one of the plush blue seats of the bus. For some reason to Daehyun the ride felt longer than normal.

They walked the next few blocks to his home after the bus ride ended and Daehyun’s throat felt dry. What was it? Could it be he didn’t want to face Jongup again after running out on him when they kissed? Could it be he feared Hyoseong would harm Jongup? Daehyun bit his bottom lip and turned to the path of his house. He walked up the steps and pulled out his keys to unlock the door while Hyoseong was staring at a certain window in his home.

He opened the door and walked in to spot his sister in her underwear at the dining table with a bowl of cereal. Daehyun immediately snickered and walked in a little further, allowing Hyoseong to walk in after and not giving his sister a warning.

Hyoseong stopped moving after seeing Hana in her underwear and Hana herself was frozen and flushed red. Her spoon had fallen in the bowl of cereal, milk splashing slightly and white droplets falling on the table. Suddenly the chair screeched as it was pushed back and Hana made a mad dash for the upstairs.

“Next time tell me if you’re bringing your girlfriend over, assface!” She yelled from her room.

Daehyun immediately paused his laughter and amusement to allow his visage to contort into one of confusion. He quickly scrambled halfway up the stairs, landing on all fours over the carpeted steps.

“She’s lesbian you !”

“Oh my God!” He could hear his sister yell from the room.

Hyoseong had her hand to the whole time, eyes still widened from the sight. “Daehyun… Is that… is that your sister?”

The male addressed turned his head, “Hm?” He stood up. “Yeah. Her name’s Jung Hana and a pain in the . Close the door already, Jongup’s upstairs.”

After doing as instructed Hyoseong followed Daehyun upstairs. Daehyun turned the knob and opened the door to his room. “Hey Jong-” A hand reached out from behind the door and dragged in Daehyun. The same person closed the door quickly and locked it.

“Shh,” Jongup put a finger to his lips before Daehyun could scream. “Why the heck is she coming here? What the hell is she going to do?”

“Idiot.” Daehyun poked Jongup in the ribs, causing the other to jump back. “Stop acting like I brought someone to kill you. I wouldn’t want to test someone who murdered without trying.”

Jongup’s mouth fell slightly and he looked hurt, upset that Daehyun brought up the subject. It’s not like he wanted to kill someone. It’s not like he wanted weird powers. Suddenly his face changed to one of anger and he pushed Daehyun out of the way so he could open the door.

“And here I was ready to knock down the door. Hello, Moon Jongup. I have quite a reputation, so you should already know who I am.” Hyoseong entered the room and kicked the door closed. “And I assume we already met through the window as well.”

“What?” Daehyun spoke up with a fraction of surprise.

Hyoseong turned her head to look at him. “He was looking outside the window through the blinds.”

Jongup shrugged in response to Daehyun’s raised eyebrow. He was suspicious, nothing more to it. Sure Daehyun was going out of his way to help him, but that didn’t mean he could totally trust the guy. He wasn’t a fallen angel for no reason. No. He didn’t mean it. I’m in the same situation - I shouldn’t be so hypocritical.

“You know why I’m here, right?” Hyoseong took a seat on the bed without hesitation.

Jongup leaned his back against the door. “I suppose so.”


Youngjae took the opportunity of Daehyun’s absence to go through every single item in the dorm. If his best friend wasn’t going to be of use against demons tomorrow, then he would damn well hope something would be.

If there was anything helpful.

Nothing there? Okay.

Oh, nothing here either.

“I’m dead!” The angel fell on the couch, giving up on saving his own life. “I need to write a will and a goodbye letter. I’m going to a better place, mom. Hopefully.” A sound caught his attention, a small ring to signify that he got a text message. He turned his head and stared at his phone on the kitchen counter. Youngjae was curious but unmoving. What would it matter anyway? He was going to die.

The angel rested his head and closed his eyes. An arm was slung over his face and covered his vision. He thought back to the whole fiasco with Zelo. For some reason the demon was gentle and sounded kind. Was it fake? Was it real? Youngjae sighed and sat up, ignoring the sinking feeling in his stomach. It felt as if his intestines were caving in and destroying his body from the inside out from grief and despair. He didn’t want to do anything but mourn his incoming doom, but he didn’t want to lay in a pile of self pity.

So he stood up and scowled when his phone rang ten more times. Who could be this frantic as to send so many messages in hopes that Youngjae would pay attention and reply to at least one of them?

From Yongguk:
I need to talk to you
Please
I need help
Youngjae
What are you doing
Can you talk to me please
I need your help
Hyoseong isn’t here and
I don’t trust anyone else
Are you there
If you're ignoring me don’t
Please

Youngjae raised an eyebrow at the flurry of messages. He quickly typed a response to ask about Yongguk’s whereabouts, and exited the dorm when he received a response. What could be so important that it caused Yongguk to panic in his inbox?


“You’re taking this surprisingly well.”

Jongup scoffed. “If internally panicking is considered surprisingly well, that is.” Hyoseong smiled at the response she received, standing from her seat.

“It’s a lot to take in, I know. The role you have, what’s happening on this side of things with the whole angel and demon fiasco… and not to mention the increasing rate of fallen angels, as well.” Jongup’s breath hitched and he immediately looked up from the floor, eyes locking onto Daehyun’s panicked yet suspicious visage. “Moon Jongup. If you choose to be neutral that’s fine, but if you choose a side… choose carefully.”

Hyoseong exited the room with those words. Daehyun looked at Jongup, who seemed lost in his mind at the moment. Without a moment of hesitation he left his room and followed after Hyoseong, who was already at the front door.

“Really, the way you said that. No thought for others huh?”

“Would you rather demons took hold of him instead? I don’t have time to waste.” Hyoseong glanced behind Daehyun before turning away. “At school… let me get your sister’s number, okay?”

Daehyun raised an eyebrow in confusion. “Wh-” Before he could continue, Hyoseong was already leaving. Already gone.


“Yongguk?” Youngjae called out as he walked through the trees, hoping to find the other. “Yong-” Someone grabbed him and put a hand over his mouth, causing Youngjae to panic and flail.

“Be quiet and stop moving!” The person whisper-shouted, making Youngjae pause as he recognized the voice. “It’s just me.” Yongguk dropped Youngjae on the ground and dusted his hands.

Youngjae spread his legs and arms, making no move to get up from his position on the ground. “Why are you in the forest? Students aren’t allowed here.” Yongguk sat down, leaning his back against a tree bark and closing his eyes. A slight breeze passed by and his hair followed the motions of the wind. His nostrils were filled with the mixed scents of the grass and rich soil beneath him. He let his heart calm down, despite the confusion within his mind and the panicked state he’d been in when texting Youngjae.

They were in the forest behind the school, Yongguk’s favorite place to trespass despite the dangers it provided.

“I need your help or advice. Whatever you can offer. I need someone to talk to.”

“You?” Youngjae scoffed as he sat up. Pieces of dirt and dead grass stuck to his locks of hair. “Opening up? Don’t I feel honored.”

Yongguk opened his eyes but didn’t move his neck. He side-eyed the angel next to him. “I’m serious, Youngjae.” He sighed and passed a hand through his hair. “I’m confused.” They grew silent, Youngjae awaiting Yongguk’s elaboration on the topic. “You know how Himchan, he’s Satan? The almighty evil that chooses not to fight against angel’s like his subordinates?”

“Our enemy, yeah.” Youngjae looked down and pressed a palm to the earth. “What about him?” He closed his hand and dragged dirt into a closed fist, some sticking to his nails and occupying the space.

“I just found out… He’s…”

“Well, spit it out already.”

Yongguk sighed for the nth time that day. “I think he’s in love with me, and I don’t know how to handle it.”

♥️

A/N; I feel like the chapter name was misleading for you guys~~ Sorry about that. Anyways, I'm back and I'm better! I hope.. This was a really short chapter but the next one is going to be longer because good things happen. Unless I make it another sort of filler chapter which would probably be really annoying for you guys ;u; sorry!!

I hope you're still reading, I know some people gave up on this-- however, 

Adieu~ ^u^