~1/1

Picnics and Umbrella

“Ugh, where is that, hyung?” asks a guy in his late teens. He was about six foot tall with dark hair and an athletic build. He was in a light cardigan that covers his white tee shirt. He also chosen to where dark jeans and white tennis shoes. In his right hand was picnic basket and in his left was an umbrella. He had planned this little picnic with his hyung a while back, and now he was waiting for said hyung to come.

The guy let his head fall before turning to leave. He only took two steps before he heard his hyung’s voice. “Wait, Mingyu! Wait!”

Turning back around the former, Mingyu, was surprise to see his hyung running oddly towards him. Once the older reach him did Mingyu notice the bandage on his right knee. Forgetting everything else, Mingyu bent down to inspect his hyung’s knees. “Seokmin-ah, are you okay?”

With a light laugh, the older, Seokmin, replied, “Yes, Minnie, I’m fine. And when did you stop using your honorifics?”

“When you act younger than me,” Mingyu replied while standing to his full height. Towering over his hyung, he couldn’t help bet smirk. “In fact I think I’m gonna stop using them on you anyways.”

“Ya, I’m still older,” Seokmin tries to defend himself.

“Prove it,” Mingyu challenges, “where did you get the bandage?”

The elder’s head immediately went down while flushing all together. There was some mumbling that made Mingyu smile. His hyung is so cute sometimes. “What was that? I couldn’t hear.”

“I was playing with Seungkwan and Soonyoung before I came, and I trip and fell,” he said a bit louder.

“Now was that hard?”

“Why did I agree to go on this date again?” Seokmin asks with hands on his hips.

“Because you like me, I like you, and then boom we date. That simple.” And on his face was a triumphant smile. One that made Seokmin’s heart flutter a little.

“Well how about that date then?” Seokmin asks with a bright smile.

 

 


 

 

The date started off really well. They found a nice spot by the Han River, and they sat and chatted for the entire first half of the time they were there. They soon brought out the food Mingyu had packed earlier which they fed to one another, unaware of others around them. They were really having a great time. Until somebody – more like eleven somebodies – decided to crash the two’s outing.

It had happen while the two were unaware of the world that their best friends, Wonwoo and Soonyoung, made their appearance. It soon became apparent that the others were finding them but decided to sit in what use to be a date spot. It soon became too much that both Mingyu and Seokmin separated from their group of friends and left them trying to fight over food rationing.

After getting some distance between their group and themselves, the two companions decided to walk alongside the river. They were walking silence until Mingyu spoke. “Well that was a bust.”

Giving the taller a look, Seokmin asks, “What do you mean? I mean sure the other came, but they-”

“That’s the thing,” he interrupted. “We spend almost every day with those guys, and I love them for that. But I kind of wanted to spend the day with the guy that I love.”

“Wow, Mingyu… that was-”

Seokmin was interrupted again by thunder this time.

Being smart to bring the umbrella, Mingyu open it and held it above both of their heads. “Dammit, even the weather is against me.”

“Hey,” Seokmin said as he made Mingyu look into his eyes. “This date didn’t turn out all bad. I mean we’re still here together. By the Han River. In the rain. Under an umbrella. Please stop me before I say something I migh-”

Mingyu couldn’t help but smile and dive right towards Seokmin’s kissable lips. Still holding the umbrella with one hand, Mingyu wrap his other one around the shorter’s waist. Seokmin for his part wrap his arms around Mingyu’s neck while tiptoeing slightly.

They would’ve continued if it wasn’t for the noise coming from beside them. They both split from their lip lock and turn to see the others trying to find shelter from the rain.

Laughing at their misfortune, the two turn back to one another. With one more peck, they began walking alongside the river while enjoying each others’ presence under the umbrella.