Preview 1

Seeping into the Soul
Please log in to read the full chapter

1 - Moon Taeil

Moon Taeil works at the locally popular diner, Nox Cibus Train. Flourescent lights paired with the slow, dull night. The luminance washes out the usual bright shades of yellow and orange that made up the interior, casting them in a bluish-green glow. It opens 24 hours a day and he works the night shift.

 

Taeil doesn’t mind the late night shift. It’s rather calming, a contrast to his hectic morning schedule. There hasn’t been a customer in over two hours, so Taeil found himself sitting in one of the tables situated next to the front counter. He rearranges the bottles of condiments and packets of sugar. He moves to grab the napkin holder next and as soon as his fingers touch the white napkins, something fills his vision.

 

2 - Kim Doyoung

Kim Doyoung watches her fondly as he makes his way to the record player to put on a track. He finds one of her favorites and places the record onto the spindle of the player. She runs up to him and kisses him on the cheek, then back to the front of the room where the microphones are placed. He moves to the small couch placed in the corner of the room and sits, anticipating her singing.

Please log in to read the full chapter