Take Me Away

Away
 
                          “I'm home!” he said while pushing the door flung open then shutting it to not allowing anyone barged in for safety reason but he does never like the idea of locked doors. He seems to be less cautious about those unlocked ones and he constantly being scolded for not doing so.
 
He toss his backpack onto the couch and plopped along as he saw his older roommate walked out of his bedroom. They doesn't share, definitely separated since there were three amount of rooms but they only using two and one is employed to be their closet. They brought too many clothes and shoes. As a part of huge fan for fashion, you don't have to wondering why now.
 
“Oh Wonwoo, glad you've come at the right time or I would've call you. I'm having a break to visit my hometown and looking after my grandmother in the hospital,” he paused a sentence to wearing his socks.
 
Wonwoo raised an eyebrow as he turn to look at the elder with an arm landing behind his head.
 
“For how long?”
 
“One week, perhaps. I know you'd be lonely, so I guess I'll call my friend to come over,” Seungcheol curved a confident smile, telling he won't be there for too long since he also need to come back and visiting his boyfriend as well before he completely went to this apartment again.
 
They just newly renting the suite about 3 weeks ago. They don't have a noisy neighborhood and barely coming out anyway. Somehow liking the silence better than listening to drums, fighting voices, loud music, or something that distracted them while doing their college work.
 
Wonwoo nodded, “Oh okay. Text me when you're arrived there safely,” he is caring towards Seungcheol.
 
The latter chuckled and walks over to ruffling the younger's hair then offing with his small luggage. Wonwoo huffed to repair his hair before he goes to the door, waiting for the elder to fully stepping outside the house.
 
Wonwoo effortlessly bid goodbye then shut the door. This time, he decided to lock it since Seungcheol got a key while he has a spare one. He went to grab his backpack then walks into his own bedroom.
 
Started undressing himself to the bathroom for a shower. He suddenly shivered and clueless but he shrugged it off, continue to step inside the bathtub.
 
 
 
 
                          On the next morning, Wonwoo woke up due a strange dream hitting his sleep that he had to sit up immediately on the bed and heaving a huge sigh. It was a dream about a flashback of when he was still in an high school, alongside Seungcheol. They were both close but he can't beat the closeness of Seungcheol and Jeonghan together. He shut his eyes and shake them off. He supposed to forget the past.
 
He remove the blanket to slipping by the edge of the bed and stretching his limbs before he stood up on his feet. Brought himself to go into his bathroom and begin a simple daily routine from brushing his teeth to washing his face.
 
Once stepping off the bathroom, his eyes darted on the closed room of their wardrobe, the third. It wasn't closed yesterday. Seungcheol or himself won't be closing it if there were no one else inside. They habitually does that very often.
 
Curious, he approaches the door and his hand was nearly touches the doorknob until it opened to surprise. He gasps at the unfamiliar sight and he had to lift his head, looking up at the tall person with widened eyes. He left one step backward.
 
“Who are you?”
 
“Sorry if I was scaring you,” the stranger gave an awkward slightest smile then added another sentence to answering the shorter boy's question, “I came here because of Seungcheol who called me yesterday. I arrived here last night after he gave me the key since he assured you could be asleep,” he spoke.
 
“O-oh... But why in the wardrobe? Don't tell me you slept there,”
 
The taller one chuckled, “I am. Nah, just kidding. I was allowed to borrow his clothes, so yeah...”
 
The shorter one seems to be relief when everything has been cleared and nodding.
 
“I see... Well then, I'm Jeon Wonwoo,” the male extend his hand towards the newly introduced, a goofy-smiling man who accept the handshake.
 
“Kim Mingyu.”
 
Is he going to be here for a week?” he thought.
 
 
 
 
                           On the second day after Seungcheol's disappearance to his hometown and accompanied by his friend, Mingyu to help the elder not feeling anymore loneliness to be in that apartment alone. Wonwoo is scheduled that there were no classes for 2 days. Yesterday, they spent it by cooking a breakfast and Wonwoo starts talking about his identity. He find out Mingyu was younger than him but looking matured.
 
Wonwoo hold a bottle to feeding his hamster in a glass cage, small cubes of cucumber.
 
Startled by a sudden appearance of Mingyu next to him asking, “What is it's name?”
 
In that few seconds, Wonwoo gasps and patting his chest to breath properly. “Can you please don't do that?”
 
Mingyu muttered a sorry with a little pout. Wonwoo shook his head leisurely then respond to the question, “His name is Toki. I can't afford a rabbit, so I adopt a hamster instead,” he smiles as he continuously feeding the hungry little creature. Without noticing how the younger keep staring at the other male playing with his pet.
 
“What about I cook for lunch and dinner? It's better than delivery,” he said, grinning.
 
They had delivery for lunch and dinner time other than breakfast yesterday, so yeah. Since Mingyu refusing to go out and lazying around the house. Wonwoo had giving up on convincing the laziest person he ever met, especially someone younger than him by one year.
 
Which causes the shorter guy to tilting his head to the side, looking at the taller one then letting out his deep-voiced chuckle, “Sure! What are you going to cook today?”
 
“Hmm. Spicy rice cake?”
 
“Ey, that's my favorite! I mean, everything spicy is my favorite,”
 
“Well then, let's go! I'll show you,” Mingyu, does not stopping his grin from plastered there, he hold onto Wonwoo's wrist and pulling him outside the room into the kitchen.
 
“But I don't know how to cook!” he protest.
 
“It's okay. I can teach you,” he assured the older guy to staying beside him. Mingyu gathered much ingredients that was left inside the refrigerator. He took them out and cooking session begin with an oblivious Wonwoo who only patiently waiting for any instruction.
 
“Do you know how to slice?” he asked then received a nod from the latter.
 
He smiles, “Good. Just slice these rice cakes into a cylinder shape,” he passed a packet of rice cakes as Wonwoo hummed and taking it, carefully unwrapped the plastics. He put them on the cutboard and hesitant to grab a knife.
 
“Be careful, okay?”
 
Wonwoo eventually curled his lips for a slight smile, nodding then exhaling a breath. He started to slicing the long rice cakes in proper manner without hurrying or rushing. He prefer to stay cool and relax, not to use his whole entire energy.
 
Wow, he's a nice person. But why he doesn't want to tell me about himself other than a name?
 
 
 
 
                            Third day, in which Wonwoo asked him to hangout but Mingyu still whining, he doesn't want to. As laziest as always, he had to given up again and ended up doing his assignment. He studied Fine Art and they are sure not as easy as he could think. He had to settle a drawing with a theme of mystery. He tried to finding ideas through browsing the internet for creepiest stories.
 
He scrolled down, down, and down. Make hair stand on end.
 
“You know you shouldn't browse those stuffs?” he got startled again by the same person but this time, Mingyu stands beyond the doorway of Wonwoo's bedroom while folding his arms. The older once again attempted to calm down himself. He sighed.
 
“I had no choice. I have to do this assignment or I'd be failed,” he complained then massages his temples.
 
Mingyu blinked before he moves to sit on Wonwoo's bed at the edge part, trying to watch what were the college student studying for.
 
“Hmm. Isn't it about mystery? It doesn't always have to be scary. They just need a mysterious story inside of the art. I guess what about you paint my face?” he wiggled his eyebrows.
 
Wonwoo squinted his eyes, “Seriously? You're not a mystery,”
 
“I could be. I haven't told you anything about myself other than my name yet,” he stuck out his tongue playfully. Causing the elder rolled his eyes then back to focus on his canvas.
 
“Tell me then,” he commanded while pouring a little liquids of painting colors onto the palette.
 
“Ahem... I don't have much things I can tell. But I likes music, reading books and novels, writing quotes, chickens and yeah, who doesn't love foods? On the other hand, I dislikes bittersweet like coffee or something similar to that term and I hate.... betrayers,” his voice going deeper and most likely muttering the last word then return with his ordinary sounding, “I don't really like my past,”
 
A careless Wonwoo seems to not hearing it well but he got what does he mean, “Same here! Although I likes drawing but I do have interest to reading novels, quotes, short stories, and listening to musics,”
 
Around the cornered moments, they started to share whatever they likes and dislikes. Mingyu moves to take a closer look on the half-painted canvas. He noticed that Wonwoo wanting to draw a mysterious and dark mansion.
 
Oh, he finally told me what does he likes and dislikes.
 
 
 
 
                              Fourth day, Wonwoo finished his assignment for 5 hours last night due to how often they talked and being distracted with Mingyu's statement, judgement as if he could draw much perfect than his own. At night, Mingyu would usually slept in Seungcheol's bedroom while Wonwoo in his own, of course. They becomes more comfortable as days passes by.
 
Today, he had a class to attend and informing Mingyu to stay or he can go out if he want to. He quickly dressed in his school uniform and fixing his necktie then bring his dark blue backpack onto one shoulder. He shut the door of his room to find no one can be found in the living room.
 
He wandered around but still, no one.
 
“Mingyu-ya!”
 
No respond.
 
“Maybe he's hanging out? Finally he did,” he shook his head and walks to disclose the door. He entered the elevator and pressed a button to go for lobby floors.
 
Upon his arrival, he was greet by his friends, Lee Jihoon and Kwon Soonyoung. They went to their classes and separately since the two take Music course instead of Fine Art. Wonwoo was the first early student to attend the homeroom. He casually sat on his seat then discovered a piece of paper slipped in his bag.
 
“What is this? A letter?” he pulled out the yellow small paper and read the handwritten fonts.
 
“TO: JEON WONWOO HYUNG.
I'm sorry if you can't find me.ㅋㅋ I was bored, so I choose to go wander in the park. Hope you do well in your work! I'll be back home before you do. So no worries!
FROM: KIM MINGYU.
 
Wonwoo chuckling silently at the cutesy emoji of someone showing a peace signature and wink. He save it in his pencil case. He paused when his mind finally functioning at remembering the moment Mingyu said he don't really likes his past.
 
A past? What does that mean...— Nevermind. No matter what, I'm so happy to know him.
 
Remindind himself how he could easily moved on from crushing on someone who doesn't glance at him in an affectionate way. Waiting for the class to filled up, he take his phone and read a message from his roommate.
 
He sounds happy to meeting his family after 3 years away and his grandmother has been healing slowly.
 
He typed on the screen then sending a message before he put his phone in silent mode.
 
TO: CHOI SEUNGCHEOL
Everything is fine. Your friend is such a great person. I'm so glad to meet him.
FROM: JEON WONWOO
 
 
 
 
                                Fifth day, Wonwoo came back home to find Mingyu has done preparing meals all over the table. Unbelievable to see how professional Mingyu can be, when it comes to cooking and the house were all cleaned. Neat and tidy. Nothing seems to be messy like any teenager would note it. He thanked the younger for doing those works while he's gone to college. He doesn't know what he can do to repay.
 
“You'll repay it soon. By treating me some ice cream!”
 
Mingyu is Mingyu.
 
Wonwoo couldn't deny how immature that man is. He acted differently than his whole appearance. Usually, people with handsomeness, based on his good-looking nature, he was expected to be cold and chic. It rotated to the opposite.
 
After dinner, Mingyu yawned but he manage to washing the dishes.
 
“It's fine. You can go take your rest. It must be tiring,” he smiles softly and shooing Wonwoo.
 
The shorter male rolled his eyes, “Fineeee,” then chuckled as heading into his bedroom. He shut the door before ing his shirt, removing the blazer and slacks. He launch the uniform in the hamper and replacing with a printed t-shirt and knee-length shorts.
 
He jump onto his bed, making a bouncy result.
 
Too close to fell unconscious in his sleep but interrupted with a ringtone. He take a glimpse of the caller. It was Seungcheol, so he pick it up without hesitation.
 
“Aye Cheo—”
 
“GET OUT OF THAT APARTMENT!”
 
His eyebrows furrowed at the agitated shout and turning his body around to facing the night stand, “Wait what do you mean?”
 
“JUST GET YOURSELF OUT THERE, JEON! MY FRIEND, JOSHUA, STILL HAVEN'T GONE TO SEE YOU AND HE TOLD ME HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW YOU YET!”
 
“Wh-what? It wasn't Mingyu?”
 
“........ NO! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THE HELL IS THAT!”
 
He went speechless and his eyes widened. He felt the bed weighting beside himself.
 
Someone is laying close to his back with an arm wrapping around Wonwoo's petite waist, sending cold chills down his spine as he felt a cold breath against the skin of his nape. His heart beating faster than normal and frozen in his position.
 
“Wonwoo? YAH! JEON WONWOO! WONWOO—”
 
He couldn't even speak when the other creature put down the phone from his ear and his hand trembling.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Hyung....”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hey! Have you check under your bed?