Chapter 2

Page Turner: Sound of Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cha Sik crazily plays the piano as if he wanted to break the expensive piece of wood and tiles. He seemed to be frustrated over something and drops his head on the keyboards making a loud noise throughout the 4 walls of the room along with his sigh.

“Are you trying to break the Piano, or your hands?” a voice from behind almost startled Cha Sik.

“omo! Saem! You are there….” Cha Sik said stating the obvious.

“Is something bothering you?” Hyun Myung Sae; the famous pianist as asked as he walked closer to the young boy.

“Ani-yo..” Cha lied.

“Do you want to go back to Korea?” Myun Sae asked knowing that the young boy is indeed bothered by something.

“Neh??” was again Cha Sik’s short answered.

“I think I’ve taught you enough… it’s time for you to go back…” Myung Sae said a small smile.

“Ani-yo.. I still a lot to learn… you’ve only been teaching me for months….” Cha Sik retorts.

“I know… But I don’t think I’m the person whom you wanted to learn from…” Myung Sae with a teasing smile

“What do you mean Saem? Of course I wanted to learn from you….” Cha Sik said as a matter of fact.

“Even though I don’t turn into a monster when you don’t get the chords right?” the pianist said, his smile are becoming more and more sly with every sentence he spoke to the young boy.

Then Cha Sik remembered telling his piano teacher the story of Yoo Seul teaching him how to play the piano for the first time, how the beautiful girl would turn into a scary monster when angered.

How she constantly called him “stupid” for making the same mistake several times. He remembered it all and he couldn’t help but to smile, he wasn’t at the least mad at her for calling him “stupid”.

It somewhat became a good memory to him and if only Yoon Yoo Seul would get to know that he called her a “monster” for sure he’ll be in a huge trouble.

He might have to inhale several helium balloons just to pacify the girl’s anger. Yoo Seul is so quick to anger and yet so quick to pacify. She may seem complicated and all but she is as simply at 1, 2, 3 at times.

“I know you wanted to learn piano… But you can still learn it in Korea… You can enter a Music school and continue to learn…” the pianist said.

“But…” Cha Sik said.

******************************************************************************************

Yoon Yoo Seul stands in front of her of school waiting for her mom to fetch her after class. Ever since Cha Sik disappeared without a word, she had been going home with her mom.

It has been a long debate before she agreed on going home with her after insisting that she can do it all by herself, but her mom just won’t let her go, and so for her mother’s peace of mind, she agreed to be fetched home, but in the morning she’d go alone.

She had gone tired to arguing with her mom that she can do it, when she knows for a fact that she actually couldn’t. As much as her pride won’t admit it, she now has to learn how to depend on someone even on the slightest matter.

She couldn’t remember how many dogs have she accidentally hits with her stick and how many stick she had lost through a manhole.

“Are you waiting for you mom?” a voice said and Yoo Seul can tell that it was Seo Jin Mok.

“Neh…” Yoo Seul answered shortly. Though they are no longer enemies, but she still didn’t consider him as a friend either.

“Ahh….” Jin Mok answered as well, he wanted to start a conversation with Yoo Seul, but somehow the girl always manages to give him an ending answer. “We only have a month left till graduation… Do you already have a music school in mind?” Jin Mok said after a minute or 2 of silence.

“Ani…” Yoo Seul once again short answer.

“What do you mean “No” Jin Mok asked as if he didn’t actually get what the young girl had just said

“I mean no.. As in No... And whatever meaning is it in there…” Yoo Seul answered sound irritated by his question.

Jin Mok wanted to be annoyed at Yoo Seul’s cold treatment to him, he was trying to be friendly with her for a while now and yet the girl seemed to have no interest at all to be friendly with him she always find way to mock or shoo him.

But instead of snapping at the blind gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter