Chapter 1

Page Turner: Sound of Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Yoo Seul never really liked to play the piano; the sound of the classical instrument never really pleased her ears. She was only playing it for the sake of one person; her mother.

Her mother whose dream was to become a renowned pianist, but because their family isn’t financially well-off, that dream remained only a dream until that day Jin Mok provoke her by insulting her mother’s way of teaching.

That day ended her own childhood because from that day on. She started to become the way for mother’s dream to come true.

To other Yoo Seul’s musical talent was a gift from above, a gift that everyone would want to have and was so envious of.

But for the young girl, it was nothing but a heavy burden on her shoulder. Every great thing comes with a great price.

And the price she had to pay for having such kind of talent was her own childhood.To constantly live up with the expectation of her mom.

She regrets not being able to go and see the zoo. She didn’t even know how tall the giraffe is exactly is, or how long does an elephant nose is, how scary is that big cat called tiger.

She should have rode the bike when she can still see and ride all those crazy rides on the amusement park, how would her childhood be if she wasn’t a pianist?

She wanted to give up playing the piano she never really liked until the day she met him. Him, that larva called Jeong Cha Sik. That stupid-hooligan-shallow looking guy as her mom described.

Ever since that day she met him at the hospital, things have change, he suddenly became her guardian, a literal guardian for she cannot see.

It wasn’t easy for her to gain friends for her initial reaction when someone approaches her was to push them away with her sassy attitude.

But he manages to stay. Everyday he would come to pick her up in front of their house and they would ride his bike to school. It became their daily routine.

They became friends even if she hasn’t admitted it to herself just yet, but Jeong Cha Sik is already her friend, she even trusts him enough to let him put her lip gloss for her.

He became her eyes, while she was his ears to play the piano. She didn’t know she could enjoy playing the piano just like now.

She never imagined herself playing the piano with her eyes on this condition, but Cha Sik made it possible for her. She was so happy today, she was genuinely happy playing the piano for the first time after meeting him.

So she played to her heart’s content during the 2 Piano contest, she wasn’t expecting to win but she just wanted to enjoy this moment right now, as she plays the piano with him. It might be her last time playing the piano on stage.

There was a loud applause from the audience as soon as the music of their piano ends. Yoo Seul stands up and bows to the direction of the applause she is hearing and bows her head with a big bright smile on her face.

“Woah!! You did it Jeong Cha Sik!! You are so great up there…” Yoo Seul complimented as soon as they are out of the stage. “I almost thought you are Seo Jin Mok…” Yoo Seul showered the guy with compliments contrary to what she always says to him.

Yoo Seul was expecting him to be so cocky and conceited from her compliment but the latter remained silent which is quiet odd of him.

“Yah… Jeong Cha Sik…. Why are you so quite? Are you ok??” Yoo Seul asked as she sounded slightly worried. “Don’t tell me you are having a post-stage-fright??” she added sarcastically.

“It’s me…” the guy finally said but the voice didn’t belong to Cha Sik so Yoo Seul frowned, thinking who might be the owner of the voice.

“Seo Jin Mok??” Yoo Seul asked in confusion. “What are you doing here? Don’t tell me you are the one playing with me up there?” she asked sounding a little annoyed that she got fooled once again “Where is Cha Sik?” she added.

“I don’t know… he left even before we start…” Jin Mok answered disinterestedly.

“Mwoh?? Yah!! Did you say something to him?!” Yoo Seul scolded.

“Mwoh? Are you accusing me right now?” Jin Mok asked in disbelief.

“Then why did he left!!” Yoo Seul bursted out. “He will not leave me just like that!” she sounded more frustrated by the fact that he left her than the fact that he fooled he to play with this psychopath in front of her.

Jin Mok didn’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter