Girls, and Their Burger Date

Keychain

“Yerin-aa, Hyungwon sunbae asked for your name earlier,” Jooheon tells me when we lazing around an ice cream parlor near school. Jooheon finished his first practice and decided to treat us ice cream as celebration. “He also apologized for his friends’ behavior.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“And he’d possibly ask for your number in the next meeting, I just can tell it.”

 

“Isn’t he cute? Go for it, key chain.”

 

“What?”

 

I swear to God that Hyungwon guy has a huge crush on you,” Hana answers while grinning. “Did you see the way he stared at her, Heonie? That was so cute.” Jooheon nods in agreement and Hana turns to me. “What are you gonna do about that?”

 

“Um, nothing?”

 

 “What are you talking about? There’s this hot dude has a major crush on you, you hit the jack pot here. I say, go for it.”

 

So, let me get this straight, if Chae Hyungwon asked for my name then he has a major crush on me? Okay, I don’t get my friends’ wishful thinking.

 

“You told me that he apologized to me, maybe he just wanted to know my name because he felt bad.”

 

Hana gapes, Jooheon smirks. “It was just an excuse to know your name, Yerin,” he explains.

 

“No it’s not,” I stubbornly argue.

 

“Why are you so denial?” Hana angrily replies.

 

“Yeah, Yerin it’s fine. I think he’s a nice dude, and a good looking one, why not?”

 

“A really good looking one. Those lips though, it looks delicious,” Hana sings

 

“Gross.” I nod at Jooheon’s remark, even though I silently agree, those lips though.

 

“Choi Hana, do you like him or something?” I accuse.

 

“Why? You jealous?”

 

“wh-wh-what? N-no way. Of course not.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Am not!”

 

“Whatever you say, keychain.”

 

“Don’t call me that!”

 

“Keychain.”

 

I hate Choi Hana.

 

>>> 

 

Why is my life so miserable? Did I do something sinful in my past life to deserve something like this? I’m a nice girl, I deserve a better life. I hope when I wander around school, alone, I won’t bump into any creepy senior. Cross fingers.

 

Today, Hana has her athletic club meeting I supposed to wait for her with Jooheon, but that traitor bailed on me because his mother needed him or something. I know I’m selfish by calling him traitor when it’s not his fault that his mother needs him, but still.

 

I’m just wandering around like a clueless idiot I am, but then I thought, why not going to library? I can take a nap there. Thanks, brain!

 

I usually hate library, I don’t like book, I prefer movie, but who doesn’t?! But this time is different, I’m bored to the core, and if I don’t have anything entertaining thing to do, better be sleeping then.

 

The library, like any other school library, has book shelves with few tables around. But this one is a bit different; Seungri High’s library is huge! Almost as huge as the city library. Woah, I’m impressed. Back in my middle school, I can spot if someone is sleeping as soon as I set a foot on the library, because of how small it was. But in here, is like a maze, you still can find some tables at every corner of the shelves.

 

I nod at the librarian, a fat woman on her forties, then heading to the far corner of the library, where my safe haven is suppose to be. I scan around my surrounding to see if it’s possible for me to sleep here. There’s not much of students sit here, only three of them to be exact. A serious looking guy, thick lips guy with glasses, a ner—wait a minute, thick lips? With glasses? Holy crap, Chae Hyungwon wears glasses! He can’t be anymore hot, right? Glasses, really? He is my perfect man. Why does everything I like in guys have to be in Chae Hyungwon? Tall, handsome, good in sport, now glasses? To every Gods that exist, thank you very much!

 

Now, should I approach him? What should I say? Ugh, I’m nervous. What should I do? I want to talk to him.

 

I want to talk to him.

 

I. Want. To. Talk. To. Him.

 

I. WANT. TO. TALK. TO. HIM.

 

Okay now, calm your down, Yerin!

 

Okay, here’s the plan: pretend that you’re here to read, walk in front of him, fake a gasp and cutely say ‘oh sunbae, is that you? Can I sit here?’ Perfect! You can do it, Hwang Yerin! All you have to do is just calm down, and act smoothly, easy peasy.

 

So, I grab some random book, heading towards Hyungwon sunbae, opening my mouth, and before I can say something—Chae Hyungwon looks up at me. Oh my, those eyes, with glasses. God, help me, I think I can’t breathe. Help! Anyone, help!

 

Frown, before a huge smile appears on his lips. Those lips. “Yerin-ah.”

 

Yerin-ah? For real? Since when does my name sound this melodious?

 

Say something, Yerin! Don’t just stand there like a moron, you better than this.

 

Say something, you little dimwit!

 

Ugh, why? Why does this happen to me? Why does my voice always run away everytime I’m around stranger? Or a cute guy? Or the love of my life? Okay, probably not the love of my life (yet) but still.

 

I believe my face is a close resemble to a lost fish right now. And if my friends are right, that Chae Hyungwon has a crush on me, now I believe that he will think it over. I hate myself!

 

“Yerin-ah, you okay?”

 

“Um, I, uh.” Damn it, say something coherent!

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Um,” I wave the book in my hand. Nice one, idiot!

 

“Studying?”

 

Nod. Stupid nod.

 

“Physic for High School 3rd grade?” a teasing quirk brow.

 

Blush. Deep red scarlet ugly blush.

 

“I don’t know that you are that smart.”

 

Die.

 

A low chuckle. Hyungwon sunbae takes off his glasses and look at me teasingly. “Sit, or you’ll fainted, you’re all red.”

 

Can somebody give me a plane ticket and a humble flat in Manhattan? I don’t think I can live here anymore.

 

He pushes the chair across from him with his foot, literally, with his foot, then gestures me to sit there. I scoff, I don’t mean to but I can’t help it, did he just show off? Just because he has a pair of long legs?

 

“What?” he asked, grinning.

 

“Do you have to do that?”

 

“What? I’m lazy to stand up, and you’re not going to sit anytime soon, so I use my asset.”

 

“I-I was going to s-sit,” I argue, too loud for my liking.

 

“No, you’re not.”

 

“I was.”

 

“Okay, you were.”

 

I blush again and shut my mouth before I say something embarrassing. An awkward silent envelopes us before he clears his throat and asks me, “So, what are you doing here?”

 

“I, uh, studying,” I lie smoothly.

 

“Do you think I buy that?”

 

Or so, I thought.

 

He raises his left brow, urging me to answer his previous question. I sigh in defeat. “Honestly?” I ask, and he nods.

 

“I’m here to take a nap.”

 

He laughs, not a mocking laugh like I expected, but a genuine laugh, like I just made the funniest joke ever. This dude is so kind, why isn’t he mocking me? Or calling me stupid? I notice he crunches his nose so much when he’s laughing. Cute.

 

“You’re just like Hoseok,” he says. “Where are your friends?”         

 

 “Uh, Jooheon had to go home for something and Hana has athletic club. I’m waiting for her. What are you doing here, sunbae? Where are your friends?” I dare to ask back.

 

“Hoseok has taekwondo, and the other idiots went home already.”

 

I just nod, don’t know what to say anymore. I at simple conversation like this, why do I even exist?

 

“So, how’s school? Do you like it here?” he asks, propping his chin onto his palm, smiling like some Abercrombie demigod. Why is he so perfect again?

 

I nod dumbly, trying hard not to droll at the sight of perfection before my eyes. For the love of God, I can literally stare at this face all day long, or even spend the rest of my life with him. Call me cheesy, but you’ll do the same if he flashes you those dazzling smiles.

 

“I really hope no one bother you here.”

 

“Beside your friends?” mouth, what are you saying? We have to appear classy and elegant in front of this Greek God!

 

He laughs, much to my surprise. He’s sure love to laugh a lot, and here I thought, that he actually a cold guy. But, laughing Hyungwon is much better. I like it, no, I love it.

 

“As much as I want them to stop, they won’t, so bear with it a little, alright? They’ll get tired eventually,” he smiles softly.

 

“Why are they teasing me?”

 

Wait, is that a blush on those flawless skin? No way!

 

He awkwardly laughs. “They’re just being idiots.”

 

I dumbly give him another nod. I don’t know what happen really. Sometimes I think that maybe, well maybe, that this guy probably likes me. But, part of me is like, ‘look at him, you prick, is that possible for a demigod to like a regular awkward citizen? Of course not, why would he? So I settle on one thing, that this guy in front of me, is a really nice guy, with a heart of gold, and so innocent that he never had a girlfriend before, and his friends are some little sh*theads that love to make his life miserable, so they , with a girl like me. It must be really funny to them. And I suddenly feel angry! Ugh!

 

If that’s really the case, then we have the same problem. I’m too, a good girl, with some idiot friends that love to make my life miserable. In that case, I would love it if Hana, Jooheon and idiot seniors to make a pack and let me be with Mr. Nice Guy, because we both are nice people and we deserve each other. Maybe after that we can go on a date, holding hands, or maybe kis— alright, let’s stop thinking about those lips. But how can I, when those lips pout cutely for my eyes to see?

 

“Don’t you hungry, Yerin?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’m starving. There’s a nice burger place a block from here, want to grab a bite?”

 

Wait, what? Am I dreaming? Did I actually take a nap in the library? He can’t possibly say that in real life, right?

 

“Yerin—ah, what do you say?” he asks, and if I don’t know better, I will think that he’s actually nervous. But a demigod can’t possibly nervous, right? “Yerin?” he lightly touch my forehead. Wait, his fingertips feel warm, this is not a dream! Holy crap!

 

“Uh, I—“ alright Hwang Yerin, calm down, just coolly say ‘Sure, why not.’ Okay, perfect! Now let’s try,”Uh, o-ookay, uh, yes, I mean.” God!

 

Another melodious laugh. “Stop fidgeting so much, it’s just me, don’t be nervous.” Hah! Easy for you to say, Chae Hyungwon, you’re not the one who has major crush on their senior here. I am!

 

“So, shall we?”

 

“Uh, sure, sunbae.”

 

“Hmm, call me oppa. You call Hoseok oppa, why don’t you call me oppa, too?”

 

I believe I die now………., oppa. God!

 

>>> 

 

The burger is actually really good, he’s not lying. I ordered a cheese burger, but when I saw Hyungwon ahem oppa’s double beef, I believed that I have ordered wrong. I made a mental note to order some double beef when I come back here again.

 

“So, you taking cooking club as your extracurricular?” he asks after swallowing all the food in his mouth. Some manner he has, most guys didn’t even care to swallow first.

 

“Um-um, I think that’s the only club that fit me perfectly.”

 

“I never imagine that you can cook.”

 

“I don’t seem like the type?”

 

He nods honestly, “You seem like a clumsy type.”

 

I chuckle. Does he have some third eye? “I am clumsy, just not in the kitchen, I love cooking.”

 

“And eating?” he asks teasingly.

 

I shrug, “Sure, who doesn’t?”

 

“Right, who doesn’t?”

 

Another silent, but didn’t seem as awkward as before. I find him really comfortable to talk to, so I begin to relax. Thank God, because I can’t bear it if I have any more stuttering attack.

 

“Your club meeting is in the same day with basketball practice, right?” he asks again.

 

“How do you know that?”

 

“I’m a member of student council, I happen to know things around school,” he smirks. And I don’t that he’s capable of smirking, and his smirking face is gold. I’m glad I didn’t get a heart attack.

 

“Cocky much?”

 

Another laugh. “So it means that we will meet often, right?”

 

I blush, I mean why won’t I? Meeting Chae Hyungwon after club practice is just, hmm, I can’t even say it with the right words, it’s just simply heaven.

 

A loud buzzed from my phone snap me from my reverie, Hana’s name flash on the screen and I groggily answer the phone.

 

Where are you?”

 

I glance at my half eaten burger, “Just grabbing some snacks. Are you done? Just wait there, I’m going back to school,” I say as I glance at the guy in front of me. He seems to understand as he nods silently.

 

Grabbing some snacks? With who?”

 

Uh—“

 

You’re not alone are you? You never eat alone, ever. With who are you right now, Hwang Yerin?”

 

Um, I, um, with uh,” and Mr. Chae Hyungwon doesn’t help much when he smirks teasingly, challenging me to reveal the truth.

 

With who?”

 

“Um, with, uh, Hyungwon oppa.”

 

A loud shriek. “What the—Oppa, don’t bother, he’s with Yerin, they’re having a date.”

 

“Uh, Hana, it’s not—“

 

A date? What the ?! Give me the phone,” obviously Shin Devil Hoseok’s voice, and I’m scared to death. Some shuffles can be heard before a loud and clear of the evil king boom in my ear. “Keychain-aah, he actually grows some balls to ask you on a date? That snarky bastard—“

 

“Oppa, it’s not—“ Hyungwon stares at me for a moment before asking, “Is that Hoseok?”

 

I nod. He holds up his palm. “Give me the phone.”

 

“Stop pestering her, and wait there patiently, we’re going to be there in a minute,” he says calmly. A roll of eyes, “I am not.” A sigh. “It’s not—wait, what? No, I’ll be there. Shin Hoseok!” He stares at my phone in annoyed before giving it back to me. “They’re heading here.”

 

“What?”

 

“They said that they’re hungry.”

 

“And you actually buy that?”

 

“No,” he shakes his head softly, “but what can we do? Just finish your burger, we still have sometimes.

 

“I lose my appetite.”

 

He says in between his chuckle, “Come on, don’t let them get in your head. Just eat, you said it’s delicious, right? Don’t let such a good food to waste,” he coaxes softly.

 

I comply and begin to eat again. a silent envelopes us again, I guess we’re a couple of awkward teens that can’t even hold a proper conversation. I feel pathetic.

 

“Yerin-ah,” his voice startles me a little. I look at him and see him fidgeting lightly in his seat, eyes everywhere but me. “Can I get your number?” his voice comes out strong and steady despite of a soft tinge pink dusting his cheeks.

 

I want to ask why he wants my number, but then I think, screw this, if the perfection wants my number, I shall give it to him. “Um sure, here,” I hand him my phone.

 

He takes it and types something on it. A minute later, I get my phone back with a new number restored: Hyungwon Oppa <3. I stare at it for a moment. “Why do you have a heart emoji after your name?”

 

“Because I feel like it?” he gives me a teasing smile as he types something on his phone.

 

“What is mine on your phone?”

 

“Here,” he holds out his phone in front of my face so I can read it. Keychain :)

 

***

Can you tell that I am lazy by the way I write? Because I am soooo lazy right now :D

So, Hyungwon actually grows a pair to make the first move, hohohohoh.

i personally don't like this chapter, but I can't wait to write his pov later.

Anyway, I write a new Hyungwon's story just because I like it :p here's the link I didn't post the first chapter yet, but give it a shot anyway, alright?

Aight now, I'm out /bye/