Boys, and Their Little Teasing

Keychain

NOT proof read, don't kill me if there's so much mistake /grins/


There’s no perks of having idiotic best friends! There I say it. They’re just going to make fun of you to the fullest. Like right now, standing in front of us, is a cute freshman who looks really shy for her own good, and that bastard Shin Hoseok just has to tease me and the girl. Why does he have to say that the girl is my type? Can’t he see that the girl might burst from embarrassment anytime soon? Not to mention, my embarrassment.

 

Oh, by the way, my name is Chae Hyungwon. I’m a senior in Seungri high and I’m pretty popular here. I’m the captain of basket ball team, member of student council, I have good grades, teachers love me and my parents are so proud of me. And if you think that I have a perfect life, wait until you meet my friends.

 

Right now, Shin Hoseok, my idiot friend number one, keep chanting at how cute this freshman here until I’m sure that her face can’t go any redder. It’s funny and cute at first, but it’s not anymore when he keeps teasing me and the girl. Okay, I admit that I have a thing for cute short girls, but it doesn’t mean that I would jump on any short girl. I have my standard, okay? Even thought I gotta admit that this freshman is cute and shy and really my type. And my friends call her keychain, how cute.

 

I try to warn Hoseok not to embarrass her any further; by subtly nudging his waist, but he just won’t listen to me. I swear to God, at times like this, I really hate Shin Hoseok. But then I notice, 2 other freshmen looking at keychain with worry look, they have to be her friends. Ah, my way to help myself and keychain.

 

“Guys, it’s enough, I believe her friends are waiting for her,” I tell my friends, making Hoseok whines a little. And the idiot has the audacity to tell Keychain my name. What the hell! I don’t even know keychain’s real name yet, it’s not fair. Well, when life is ever fair to me anyway? If life is fair, I at least would have decent best friends instead of these idiots.

 

I smack Hoseok’s head when I see Keychain already makes a turn in the corner.

 

“What the hell?” he protests.

 

“Well, what the hell?!” I argue.

 

“What? I just help you getting a girlfriend.”

 

“I don’t need your help,” I grumble. What is this idiot thinking actually? Doesn’t he see my face? Do I look like any help to get a girlfriend? I can get any girl I want just fine, I just, well, never really interested.

 

“She’s really cute though,” Kihyun adds to my misery.

 

“And totally into Hyungwon.”

 

“And that’s a shame, I don’t mind having her as my girlfriend,” Minhyuk states matter of factly.

 

“But she likes Hyungwon, did you see the way she blush when she saw Hyungwon? Priceless,” Hoseok snickers.

 

Did she?

 

Well, I don’t know much about girls, since you know, Ineverdatedbefore, but, from my experiences around girls, if they have crush on you, they suddenly become annoying. For example Kim Hyesung who never tired baking me cupcakes even though I don’t eat sweets and I don’t like clingy girls. Well, I don’t like clingy girls more than sweets, and this Hyesung chick is very clingy with high pitch voice, dear God, what’s wrong with her?

 

And I didn’t deal with one Hyesung, there are Minjung, Hani, Hyemi, Soojin, alright, I lose count. But seriously, what’s wrong with girls these days? Aren’t they supposed to be shy, like keychain for example? Why do they have to pounce on me whenever they see me? I just don’t get girls, they act cute, they look shy, when in fact, they have no dignity.

 

“Hyungwon, what do you think about keychain?” Hoseok asks me with a smug face.

 

“I supposed to think something?” I ask back. What does he expect from me? Keychain is just another freshman, although she’s super cute, and I’m her senior. Is that an acceptable answer? Because judging from his look, Hoseok expects me to answer with something grand. “She’s cute,” I finally answer, hoping that Hoseok will let it slide.

 

“Yeeaaahhh, do you think she can be your girlfriend?” Of course Hoseok won’t let it slide.

 

“What is it with you and me having a girlfriend?”

 

“Man, you’re in high school, this is the time you experience some puppy love, having a cute girlfriend is not a crime you know.”

 

“I know it’s not a crime, but I’m not interested.”

 

 “I know that Hyungwon is nut,” Minhyuk whispers loudly to Kihyun, “Everybody has at least one flaw after all.

 

All that I can do is just roll my eyes. My friends are just stupid like that.

 

“If you meet keychain again, talk to her,” Hoseok nudges me.

 

“Why would I?” I ask dumbly. Eyebrows furrowing at Hoseok, and my friends palm their faces.

 

“Listen,” Hoseok says impatiently, “Gods above love you, Hyungwon they sent you this cute girl for you only and all you have to do is ask for her number, and bam, she’s your girlfriend in no time. If God shows you they way, it’s a man’s job to just go with it.”

 

“What the hell are you talking about?” like seriously, what the hell is he blabbering about? I don’t even know this girl, we call her keychain for crying out loud, then why would I want her to be my girlfriend?

 

“What Hoseok mean is,” Kihyun begins, “that we think that you’ll look good with her and we know for sure that she’s your type, so why don’t you try?”

 

Should I?

 

 

The talk about keychain subsides in the afternoon, much to my liking, since we’re busy holding the basket ball try out after school. We hold the try out without the coach presents, but he specifically told us that we can’t accept more than two new members, except if they’re really good. I see there are 15 students sign out for the try out, man, this is going to be a tough day.

 

I have to cut them off, but I hate telling them that they can’t make it to the team, Minhyuk would say that I’m too soft, but it’s me. I’m the gentleman that never wants to hurt anyone, Hoseok’s words not mine. Minhyuk takes my place to lead the try out, he snatches the list from my hand and clear his throat, “Listen up, douche bags, there are 15 people here on the list but we only accept two people so it’s gonna be tough.” That’s how Minhyuk rolls, straight to the point, never beating around the bushes. He maybe looks playful and cheery, but when it comes to basket ball, he’s one of a scary fella.

 

“We will ask you to do several moves and tricks, if we like you, we will ask you to stay, and if we don’t, just get the hell out of this court. Am I clear?”

 

“Yes, sir,” a chorus of frightened freshmen booms through the court.

 

“Good luck, guys,” I smile, trying to ease the tension.

 

“LET’S KICK SOME ,” Hoseok shouts from the top bleacher. Of course that douche has to be there.

 

“Alright, number one, Jung Hyukshin,” Minhyuk hollers, and a pale lanky freshman step forward.

 

After series of ‘get out’ and ‘are you kidding me’ from Minhyuk, we finally come to the big three. The other freshmen already out of the court, leaving these impressive three potential new members. They were really good it’s hard to choose. My soft heart says that we should just accept all three of them, telling the coach later that they’re really good, but half of my team mates insist on accepting two new members only.

 

“Alright, who should we kick then? I personally like this Jooheon kid, we need him, don’t kick him,” Minhyuk states.

 

I look at that Jooheon kid. I know the kid. I saw him waiting for keychain earlier, with other girl, he must be her friend. I see that Kihyun catch my line of vision and smirks. “I know that you know who he is,” he teases and I roll my eyes.

 

“What?” Minhyuk demands.

 

“That Jooheon kid is keychain’s friend.”

 

Minhyuk stares at Kihyun for a moment before laughing, “hell yeah, more reason not to kick him out,” he turns to our team mates, “we like that kid, keep him.”

 

“Who is keychain?” one of my teammates asks.

 

“Just Hyungwon’s girlfriend,” Minhyuk answer with a light shrugged.

 

“You have a girlfriend?!”

 

I sigh after glaring at the snickering Minhyuk. “Guys, focus. First, I don’t have girlfriend, second, I want to go home, can we decide now?”

 

“What about we kick that Hyukshin kid, he looks, you know, fragile,” one of the members reasons.

 

“I don’t know, but did you see how he scores earlier? Dude, that was sick. I bet he can score from across the court, we need guy like that.”

 

The voices break into hums of appreciation and groans.

 

“You know what, I don’t care who you choose guys, I just go with the crowd, this is frustrating me.” And all of the members nodded in agreement. I sigh, why can’t I rely on these guys? Like seriously?

 

“Just accept them all, can’t you see how tense these bunnies are? You’re killing them?” Hoseok hollers from the top bleachers, earning a loud chorus of groans from my teammates.

 

“Shut up, Shin Hoseok,” somebody yells.

 

“Listen,” I try to gain their attention back, “as the captain, I take the liberty to accept all three of them, these dudes have their own strengths that we really need, I’ll tell coach Choi that they’re worth it.”

 

They all nodded. “Okay whatever, we can’t decide anyway,” Minhyuk shrugs.

 

We face the three sweating guys again before Minhyuk clearing his throat for the hundreds times today. “Alright, let’s get to the business. Jung Hyukshin, you’re on the team, practice on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday after school, don’t be late. Now get the hell out of here.”

 

A series of clapping hands and wolf whistle can be heard as Jung Hyukshin bowing repeatedly at us. “Welcome to the team,” I manage to smile at him before he dashes away from the court. The other two look even more tensed once Hyukshin’s out the court.

 

“Han Changsuk, you’re also on the team, you know the practice times, now go.” Jooheon looks dejected, as Changsuk bows at us. “Jooheon, ah what should we do about you, we like you,” Minhyuk begins as Jooheon visibly gulps nervously. “We will accept you on the team with one condition.”

 

What the hell?!

 

Jooheon nods solemnly, ready for anything that comes from Minhyuk’s mouth, “What is it, sunbae?” he innocently asks.

 

“We will let you on the team if you give us keychain’s number.”

 

Jooheon as well as my teammates stun dumbfounded, Kihyun laughs out loud and Minhyuk nods with a serious face.

 

“He knows keychain?” Hoseok shouts in glee as I smack Minhyuk’s head. I laugh awkwardly at Jooheon. “Haha, he’s kidding, we like you, Jooheon you were impressive, welcome to the team, don’t be late for practice, okay? You can go now,” I tell him.

 

Jooheon looks confuse for a moment before asking, “I’m really accepted?”

 

“Yeah, as long as keych—“

 

Minhyuk couldn’t even finish his sentence as I slam my palm to his mouth. “Yeah, you’re on the team, congratulation.”

 

“Thank you so much, sunbaenim I won’t let you down,” he bow and skip happily.

 

“Ya!, bring keychain on the first practice,” Minhyuk hollers in last attempt.

 

“Lee Minhyuk!”

 

 

We never stumble upon keychain again in days. My friends wonder if she’s cutting class or something, because not even her shadow could be seen, and I wonder too, whether she goes to school at all or not, but not as curious as my friends of course. I mean, I’m not into this get-keychain-and-Hyungwon-together thing, but it’s inevitable to wonder about her, right?

 

Well, we never saw keychain until today, the first practice. I was really surprise that she came with her friend and took a seat next to Hoseok who was waiting for us. I could see how happy Hoseok was, I could even see myself get embarrassed already.

 

Keychain currently get harass by Hoseok, don’t ask how I know it, I just know. I keep staring at them, because I really afraid that Hoseok will do something crazy. Trust me on this, I know him, I know crazy things that idiot can pull, he’s my best friend after all.

 

“Sunbae?” I hear somebody calls me, and it’s Jooheon. “I just want to personally thank you for letting on the team, I’m so grateful, thank you, sunbae,” he bows.

 

Ah, I like this kid, he’s so polite and I wonder if keychain as polite as him. “You deserve it, you’re a good player, we’re nuts if we don’t accept you.”

 

He blushes a little, how cute.

 

“So, she’s your friend?” I hesitantly ask. Jooheon look a little lost before nodding in recognition.

 

“Since we’re kids, we all live in the same neighborhood and go to the same school since primary school.”

 

“Oh. What’s her name?”

 

Jooheon smirks a little. “Hwang Yerin.” God bless, even here name is cute.

 

“Um, uh, listen, I feel bad that my friends always , I try to stop them but they just don’t hear me. Please apologize to Yerin on my behalf, will you?”

 

Jooheon keeps his smirk intact on his face as he nods slowly. “Sure, sunbae, I’ll tell her that.” I pat Jooheon shoulder and go to the centre of the court to listen to our coach’s pep talk.

 

“Are you nervous?” Minhyuk whispers to me with a teasing grin.

 

“What would I?”

 

“Of course he’s nervous, he can’t even look the other way except her face,” Kihyun mock me.

 

Do I?

 

“Listen, ask for her number, or I will,” Minhyuk suddenly commands urgently. I want to slap his mouth if not for coach Choi that stands near us right now.

 

“Go ahead, I don’t care,” I reply coolly, even though I slightly scared.

 

“Good, because I will ask her on your behalf, and I maybe will embarrass you here and there.”

 

I glare at him and Kihyun snorts. How dare he?!

 

“Nice,” Kihyun snickers and high five silently with Minhyuk.

 

“New kids, show me what you got, and seniors, be nice to them.” Is all that I can hear from Coach Choi before we begin to fetch some balls. I glance at Keychain’s way only to meet her eyes, urg, how embarrassing. I try to shrug it off by doing some stretching, but not too long after that I hear Hoseok holler, “Hyungwon-aa, keychain’s name is Yerin.” Great, they know her name already! I smile at Yerin because I know how embarrass she is by my friend antic.

 

I silently go to the bleacher where they sit before Minhyuk and Kihyun can spot me. What? I’m thirsty, okay? And the drinks are near them. And I also need to warn Hoseok not to make a scene even more.

 

“You’re here?” I ask her as soon as I reach them. Nice choice of words! Now she knows that I’m a complete moron, of course she’s here.

 

She just nods cutely as the answer and I can hear some insult come from Hoseok mouth. I really hate Shin Hoseok, but it toppled with my hate towards Minhyuk when he hollers “Chae Hyungwon, stop flirting with your wife and get your back here.” Holy Mother of God, why can’t life be easy on me?

 

I didn’t get a chance to say anything cool to keychain yet. Wait, why do I need to say something cool? You know what? never mind. Minhyuk and Kihyun laugh out loud as I approach them. “Did you get her number?” Minhyuk manages to ask in between his laugh.

 

“Shut up, just shut up.”

 

Caoch Choi clears his throat as he’s facing me. “Hyungwon, I don’t mind if your girlfriend is here to watch you practice, but please focus on practicing, son.” Just what the is happen with my life. And to my dismay, not only Minhyuk and Kihyun, even Jooheon cannot hold his laughter.

 

***

We saw things from Hyungwon's prespective, what will happen with these cute shy puppy then?

thank you so much for those who subscribing and commenting this story, i feel really honored :))