Deadly stop

Deadly Stop

Dekes-Techniques-063-Illustrator-train-t


Minhyuk walked into the train shoving his ticket into his pocket. This train only had three train cars and was pretty small, since it was only to go a few towns over and back. All the seats were aligned and faced forward. He was use to the bigger train he usually went on at 4 which had arranged seating, meanwhile this train did not. Before choosing a seat in the 2nd car he looked around a little. For it being such a small train there weren't many people here. Although even on the bigger train there were never a lot of people either, mostly just tourists and such. It made sense since trains have been out of style when it came to transportation, there were subways everywhere.  The only reason Minhyuk took the train rather than the subway was because it was cheaper and faster, he'd have to take 3 subways just to get to his dads place.

 

Minhyuk found a seat next to the window in the middle of the 2nd car, with about 8 other people sitting around. The window seat, something he has been seeing way to much of lately. It was nice to see great views the first few times but after a few weeks of it, all it did was remind him of his parents divorce. The train in general reminded him of his parents divorce. He loved both his parents a lot and despite them splitting up he understood them, and continued to love them the same. He had seen it coming for a while now to be honest, and there was no reason to dwell in it. 

 

The one thing Minhyuk hated the most about riding the train was that it was so lonely. He'd usually take out his music and listen to it but he was tired of that, he'd try to befriend someone this time.

 

He looked down to his phone noticing he got a text from his father. Can't wait to see you son, gunna be an exciting night just us to, I promise. Minhyuk pumped his fist close to his face feeling excited for later tonight, he knew that when his father said stuff like that he defiantly meant it, and it was usually always amazing. 

 

Minhyuk looked around to see if their were any friendly faces he could befriend, but sadly it was mostly older people. The next stop was coming up in a few minutes he thought,  so maybe  he could befriend someone then. 

 

At the next stop Minhyuk waited to see if any new comers would get on the train. He looked back into the other  cars and could see a few people getting on but it didn't seem like anyone was coming into the 2nd car. He turned back and sighed, pulling his earphones out of his pocket and onto his lap, but before he could do anything with them, he herd the door open to the 2nd car from the back. He tuned back excitedly and to his surprise the guy look farly young and nice. He was wearing a white uniform that made him look as if he were ready for a costume party, which made Minhyuk even more curious than he was before. Thanks to Minhyuk's luck the guy actually took a seat in the seat diagonally behind him.

 

Minhyuk watched as the guy had got settled down in his seat placing things here and there. He got up again and place one of his bags on the above storage. Minhyuk took this chance to say something.

 

"Funny clothes you got on there," he said looking up to the guy with a chummy smile.

 

The guy looked to Minhyuk with a half confused smile, "Thanks," he said confused, only because it seemed as though the guy who just talked to him didn't know exactly what his clothes meant, which then caused him to laugh out loud. 

 

"I'm a chef by the way," the guy said then sat back down into his seat.

 

"A real chef?" Minhyuk asked surprised.

 

The guy nodded, laughing a little, "Yeah, do I really look that funny?"

 

Minhyuk sat up in his seat realizing how stupid he probably sounded, "Ah, to be honest I thought it might of been a costume," he awkwardly laughed, "Sorry."

 

"No problem," the guy started, "I don't usually wear this on a daily bases only for competitions, not even at work," he stated scratching his neck, also taking a glance at his phone. 

 

"For competitions! That must mean you have a competition today," Minhyuk said excitedly, "I'm Minhyuk by the way."

 

The guy nodded, "Yeah. I'm Shownu."

 

The two guys really hit it off despite the awkward start and learned a lot about each other in just two stops on the train. Minhyuk learned that shownu had always had a passion for cooking since he was little, winning prizes for his cooking just as a child. He's also going to a great cooking college and is trying to officially pursue his dream. Minhyuk found Shownu incredibly interesting because he didn't know many chefs, not any actually. He's always just heard about and seen chefs on TV's and working at restaurants, but he's never once meat one. 

 

The two quickly became friends and even exchanged numbers already, to stay in contact. Mostly because Minhyuk really wanted to know what his results would be from the contest. Minhyuk didn't feel like he had much to say about himself other than he was a typical high schooler going to hang out with his dad and despite feeling like a boring person Shownu still showed interest in the boy. 

 

They sat at the 2nd stop from the last stop waiting for newcomers to get on. One or two older men got on to their train, and a younger girl following them. Both Minhyuk and shownu continued to chat when the girl came and sat in the next section of seats on the other side of Minhyuk. The boys glanced at each other and smiled because she was really pretty.  

 

The two of them fell quiet, then looked at each other again silently gesturing to each other as sign for one of them to try and make conversation with her. Minhyuk sighed and nodded his head signally Shownu he'd do it. 

 

Minhyuk picked up his backpack from the seat next to him and began scrummaging through it. After a few seconds he took out a book he had been reading. He placed his backpack back down next to him, also placing the book down on top. He looked at his phone and pretended to be using it for a few seconds. Still looking at his phone he went to reach for the book purposely making it fall off the seat into the isle.

 

 

Shownu let out a small breath realizing what Minhyuk was doing, and to his surprise it worked. The girl picked up his book.

 

 

"Here," the girl said handing the book back to Minhyuk, but stopped half way realizing what book it was, "You read this?" the girl said surprised.

 

Minhyuk nodded, "Yeah, its a really good book. Have you read it?" he asked.

 

"I sure have, it was one of my favorite book we read in high school," she said smiling excitedly. 

 

Minhyuk realized that his age was given away, and even Shownu laughed a little. She must see me as a child right about now, Minhyuk thought.

 

"Ah, so you must be a freshman," the girl said almost as if she were rubbing in the fact that his young age was given away.

 

Minhyuk shook his head, "Actually, I'm a senior," he said.

 

"Oh, I must of gotten my years mixed up. You do seem a lot older than a freshman now that I really look at you," she said. "Are the two of you friends," she continued to say noticing Shownu trying to keep in his laugh.

 

The both of them said yes, then looked at each other and smiled because they both felt that way only after meeting just a while ago. They both introduced themselves to her, she introducing herself as well as Suna.

 

About ten minutes into the ride from the last stop the train suddenly stopped. The three of them looked at each other in confusion, then looked around at the others. Nobody seemed to know what was going on, and the driver of the train never came on the speaker to inform anyone about the situation.  They were in the middle of nowhere so it didn't seem right that the train had stopped. 

 

A few moments they could hear commotion coming from the train car in front of them. A man sitting in the front towards the other train car stood up from his seat to look into the other train car through the glass doors. 

 

"Holly !" the man yelled causing a stir among the people around them, "Theres a guy with a en knife!" he screamed. 

 

Everyone started to panic. No one knew what to do. 

 

Shownu stood up from his seat, "Everyone, you need to remain calm," he said trying his best not to show any sign of fear. 

 

"How are we suppose to remain calm in this situation!" someone yelled from the back. 

 

Before Shownu could say anymore, the man at the front began backing up nervously, "Guys, he's coming," he whispered, then within a second he and a few others were already at the back of the train car leaving Minhyuk, Suna, and Shownu the closest to the front. 

 

Minhyuk looked back to Shownu, "What the do we do," he said whispering in a panic voice. 

 

"You need to keep calm and make sure not to let him see that you are afraid." Shownu said, then looked to Suna, "Don't worry." he said looking into her eyes for assurance. 

 

Minhyuk looked to the floor hiding his face. He was only a high schooler, he thought, I don't deserve to die this young. 

 

Suddenly the door into their car slowly opened and you could hear the foot steps of the invader step in. He gave out a chuckle at hearing the scared voices of everyone in the train car.

 

"Look you don't need to be afraid of me," he said smiling, "If you cooperate with me, then I can pass on through," he continued, walking down the isle, "Every one needs to take out their ID, and then give it to me," he said right as he passed the tree of them walking closer to the people standing scared in the back.

 

Minhyuk was still hiding his face and could only see the feet of the invader as he passed.  Then he remembered he had forgotten to bring his school ID with him today. , I'm going to die today,  he thought. He could hear Suna rummaging through a bag, and could slightly see Shownu reach into his pocket to grab his ID. Shownu gave a tap on Minhyuks shoulder and he slightly turned his face to him and then shook his head, gesturing to Shownu that he didn't have his ID

 

Suddenly a man started screaming. Minhyuk looked up to where the screaming man was and he could see the invader holding the man by his collar. just got real, he thought. Minhyuk started to look away again, but looked back quickly realizing how familiar the face of the invader looked. He took a few seconds to think, then he realized who he was. How the did he end up like this, Minhyuk thought. 

 

"If you don't give me your ID right now i'll cut your en fingers off, " the Invader yelled causing the man to scream in fear again looking around at people waiting for someone to do something.

 

"Jooheon!" Minhyuk yelled, waiting to get the invaders attention. 

 

He turned to Minhyuk wide eyes, letting go of the man. The man scrambled away into a corner. Minhyuk got up from his seat and started walking over to the guy.

 

Shownu stopped him before he could go any farther, "Minhyuk what are you doing?"

 

Suna looked to Shownu, "I think he knows him?" she says a little shaken by the situation. 

 

"Still we can't let him go. Its to dangerous," Shownu said.

 

Minhyuk shook Shownu off, "Don't worry."

 

Minhyuk walked a little further about five feet in distance from Jooheon, and then stopped, "Jooheon," he gulped, "Remember me. I know you do, Its me Minhyuk. You best friend from freshman year of high school." he says trying to see how Joohoen would react.

 

Jooheon dropped the knife, "What are you doing here? Why are you here!" he yelled.

 

"You don't need to do this. For whatever reason you are doing this for theres got to be another way." Minhyuk began, "Remember back in school we did that video project together and you told me your dream was to become a film artist. So from that point on we promised we'd help each other fulfill our dreams together." Minhyuk could tell Jooheon was shaken.

 

"Dreams never come true," Jooheon let out. 

 

"Thats not true. I just met two amazing people who are fulfilling there dreams right now, and are so close. It was possible, but whatever happened to you? You just dissapeared." Minhyuk said. 

 

Jooheon smirked, "I've been planning this day to happen since the day I dropped out."

 

"What do you mean." Minhyuk said taking a step forwards to Jooheon. 

 

"I dropped out because my mom was murdered. The murder got away with it and i've been planning my revenge since then," Jooheon said taking a breath, "He's on this train right now."

 

Minhyuks eyes widened, "theres got to be another way. If you kill anyone then your life will be over."

 

Jooheon shook his head, "No, I gotta do this!" he said before reaching into his jacket, pulling out a gun. 

 

Everyone in the room began to panic and scream, trying to find a way to hide. Minhyuk couldn't just stand there, he had to try something. Minhyuk looked Jooheon in the eyes then jumped at him. Jooheon immediately hit Minhyuk off to the side. Minhyuk got back up and tried hitting him, but Jooheon was took quick and hit him with the end of his gun casing Minhyuk to fall back onto the seats passed out. 

 

Suna screamed and Shownu clenched his firsts.

 

Shownu couldn't stand it anymore, "Look, Just look at him." he started causing Jooheon to step back a bit, confused, "Look at your friend. You might have just killed him, and aren't you looking for a specific person. Is is really worth scaring and hurting other people to find someone you specifically are looking for!" Shownu yelled. 

 

Jooheon looked over to Minhyuk and saw as blood was dripping from his head, he quickly looked away as if he were ashamed to look.

 

"You caused this. Minhyuk was right, there's got to be another way, so just stop." Shownu finished.

 

Jooheon put his gun away, and walked over to Minhyuk, "We need to help him." Nobody moved, "I'm done, its over. We need to help him!" he yelled, Shownu and Suna walked over to help. 

 

Suddenly you could hear the sound of sirens outside the train. The police had finally arrived. Within minutes the doors to each train car were being pried open. People ran to the door and started pouring out as soon as the door was opened. 

 

"We need to get him out of here," Suna said, but before they did anything Minhyuk had woken up. 

 

"You guys are okay," he lightly said looking to Suna and Shownu, then looked to Jooheon and gave him a small smile, "I'm glad you did what was right, we will defiantly catch your mothers killer." he said. 

 


animated-train-image-0031.gif Well its been forever since I posted the 1st chapter, didn't even think I was going to finish this. Honestly I don't really like it because I had planned it to come out way differently. I lost the inspiration so I just wrote it quickly to finish it. I didn't really want to leave it hanging. I had planned to make it with horror but that didn't happen. You probably feel like I should add more to the ending, I do to tbh, but again I just really wanted to finish this. I'm currently planning a new monstaX story, so thats why I wanted to put this away.