Long Day Ahead

Deadly Stop

Dekes-Techniques-063-Illustrator-train-t


Minhyuk: Age 18, last year of high school...

Minhyuk jumped out over the locked gates of his high school, then looked down to his watch. It was 2:30 in the afternoon. School didn't get out until about 3:20, but occasionally Minhyuk would ditch his last class because he thought swimming in Physical Education class was stupid. Who needs to swim in life Anyways, maybe other than the people who do water sports, he thought as he started to walk away from his school. In all honesty he was just embarrassed for anyone to know that he didn't know how to swim. 

 

It was Friday, so instead of going strait home to his mothers house, he'd go down to the train station and get a ride to his fathers house a few towns over. He'd spend his weekend at his fathers house. Minhyuk was still pretty knew to this, since his parents just got a divorce only a few months ago. He didn't like the fact that his parents divorced, but it wasn't like he could do anything. 

 

When he got to the train station, he immediately sensed something fishy. There was always shady stuff going on at the train station, especially during this time of day, along with around nighttime. He looked around a bit, then spotted some older men harassing an old lady, trying to take her purse away. Before Minhyuk could react he saw that one of the men had gotten ahold of her purse. So he jumped at them. 

 

_

 

Minhyuk looked down to the three men hurled over onto the floor, with bruises and cuts along their faces, then sighed almost laughing. He brushed his hands together triumphantly, then spit off to the side of the men, "Dirty men like you deserve this you know that," he starts to say looking off to the side of the men, not making eye contact, "How could you take advantage of a old lady, and take her bag!" Minhyuk says as he looks into the eyes of the three men on the floor, "You saw her as a easy target, you scumbags! Next time pick on someone you're own size," he says kicking one of the men on the floor again, then walked away. 

 

"Why thank you student!," The old lady said to Minhyuk grabbing his arm, "How could I ever repay you?" she says looking up into Minhyuk's eyes. 

 

"No need to repay me," Minhyuk says shrugging it off. 

 

The old lady takes a tighter hold of Minhyu's arm, "Are you going to take the train? I can pay for your ticket, really." she says still looking into Minhyuks eyes.

 

 Jeeze what kind of high schooler doesn't want to save the money their parents had given them, and get a free stuff, he thought as he scratched the back of he head. He thought for a moment, then nodded, "Okay I guess," he starts, the old lady smiling, "But you really don't have to,"he says being generous.

 

"No, no,come here," the old lady says walking Minhyuk and herself to the ticket counter.

 

-

 

Minhyuk looked down to the ticket in his hands and bit his lip, felling a bit bad for taking that old ladies money. It's not like he got it for completely free, he thought, he saved the ladies life. And thanks to the old lady Minhyuk had some money now that he could use instead for his train ticket to splurge on himself. 

 

He looked down to his watch, it was 3:30. Its been exactly an hour since he had gotten out of school, or technically since he ditched from school. The train ticket he had was for the 3:45 train, while usually he wouldn't get a ticket until the 4;00 train because he usually didn't get to the train satiation on time for the 3:45 train. He'd have a few minutes to spare after he got off the train in his dads town. 

 

After another fifteen minutes, the train came right on time.

 

_

 

Shownu: Age 24, Student Chef /one town over

Shownu looked down to his bloody finger, he had just cut from chopping some vegetables. He was mad at himself because he hadn't cut himself in years now, and he didn't understand why he became so careless so suddenly. He walked over to the sink and cleaned his bloody finger off, and then went to get a Band-Aid from the first aid kit, he had in one of the cabinets. He quickly went back to work after.

 

Shownu had a cooking contest to go to in quiet a few hours, 5 hour to be exact. It was fifteen minutes before 4:00. He would leave soon, but he wanted to practice a little longer. This cooking contest was really important to him because it was to determine whether or not Shownu would be able to get his dream job as a cook at his favorite restaurant. If he didn't win then that would mean he'd have to go find a job at another place. He didn't mind working at another place, but just getting the opportunity to work at his dream job is amazing. 

 

He'd regret if anything happened. 

 

At around 4:00 he got all his things and headed down to the train station by taxi. He had gotten to the train station about ten minutes latter. He had gotten his ticket the day before, so he was all set and ready to get on the 4:15 train. 

 

_

 

Suna: Age 25, College Art Student / Another two towns over

 

Suna looked to her paints, and sighed. She had no inspiration to paint today. Heck she needed new supplies more than anything, but she was just to lazy to do anything. Maybe it was because she was dreading to go to her aunts house today. Her aunt lived about a town over, which meant she was going to have to take the train. She could take a city bus, or even a taxi, but her aunts house was slightly to far for that. 

 

Not only does she have to go on the train to her aunts, but its her aunt in general that she has to deal with. Lets just say her aunt is a little crazy and different. She use to love her aunt because her aunt was the one who inspired her to become an artist, but ever since her aunt got into some bad drugs she kind of went off the rail. Suna was really hoping she wouldn't have to deal with any of her aunts problems, and just maybe her aunt wont be on any drugs today, but that was a pretty small chance of happening. 

 

Suna began to pack up what was left of her art supplies, then put them away where they belong. Suna truly does love painting  and wishes she could have a full blown career out of it, but the sad truth was she couldn't. She'd paint when she had time, and every once in a while sell a painting here and there, but that was never enough to keep her on her feet. She had a part time job on the side that helped her a lot, but she hated it. 

 

Once Suna fully cleaned up her art supplies she then began to pack a little for her aunts house. It was 4:20 and she had her train ticket for the 4:45 train, so she had a little bit of time. 

 

Suna got to the train station five minutes before her train got there. She waited a few more minutes, and soon enough the train came, and she got on.

 


    

animated-train-image-0031.gifThis chapter isn't that action thriller packed at all, it was basically just the introduction of the main three characters. Also I want to say that I am no expert in thrillers, or action. I thought the idea was fun and interesting, so if it doesn't come off as what you expected, I am sorry. Overall all the characters will soon be on the train at the same time,and when that happens the good stuff will start. Also the story will be in Minhyuks point of view in the next chapter.