To the Beach

Hold on Tight, This Ride is a Wild One (HIATUS I'm so sorry)

The following week passed in a blur of last minute, coffee fueled all nighters and the ticking of clocks as they tried to finish answering the last question before time ran out but finally it was Friday and midterms were over and the boys now had a week off from school to relax.

Six of the seven boys were sitting in the campus courtyard chatting amongst themselves while they waited for Hyunwoo to finish his final exam. They were set on making plans to spend the week as a group but they didn't want to finalize any plans until the oldest male was with them. The last time they did that, the poor guy ended up getting lost on his way to meet them at a new restaurant that opened up. It took an hour for them to call him and eventually guide him to where they were. 
When they saw Hyunwoo coming from the direction of the business management building they waved him over to take a seat on the grass next to them. He sat down next to Minhyuk and layed his head on the blonde's outstretched legs as a sigh escaped his lips. Minhyuk could feel the slight tension in his lover's body and knew immediately that he wasn't too happy with the way the exam went. He grabbed one of Hyunwoo's hands, lacing their fingers together and pulled it to his lips, pressing a soft quick to the back of his palm before running his other hand through Hyunwoo's hair in an attempt to help him relax.

"How did it go man?" Hoseok asked Hyunwoo.

"It was hell to be honest. Remind me again why I'm a business major?" 

"Because mom wants you to take over dad's place in the company so he can finally go on disability." Kihyun responded 

Hyunwoo let out a quiet groan. "Right". 

Minhyuk looked down and shared a look with Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo just shrugged casually in response. 

A short silence fell between the boys before Jooheon broke it.

"Okay. So what's the plan?"

The group of friends bounced ideas back and forth, trying to find the best way to spend the week until Changkyun suggested, to the surprise of the others, going to the beach a few hours away from campus. Jooheon made a comment about how normally they had to convince Changkyun to go swimming with them but was quick to second the idea, the rest of the boys following suite. They decided on the time that they would meet up tomorrow morning and parted ways to head home, Kihyun, Minhyuk and Changkyun piling into Hyunwoo's car and the other three making their way to the bus stop.

******

The next morning Kihyun woke up just before his 10 am alarm went off. He turned it off and grabbed his phone that was sitting on the nightstand next to it and sent a quick text to Minhyuk that told him to get up, almost certain the blonde had forgotten to set his alarm. He opened the curtains that faced the other's bedroom window and laughed loudly when he saw the tired face of his friend holding up a piece of paper with the words "thanks mom" scrawled messily across it.
Kihyun turned away from the window after opening it just enough to air out the room and made his bed neatly before grabbing the suitcase from beneath it. He placed it gently on the bed, not wanting to mess up the sheets and started grabbing some clothes from his closet to pack. Luckily, he had gone through the trouble of seperating them before he went to bed the night before so it wasn't too hard to find the ones he wanted. However, he was having some trouble finding his swim trunks. Confused, he sifted through the drawers of his dresser, wondering if maybe he put them in with his boxers by mistake. 

"Where the heck did I put them?" he asked himself. "I just wore them the other day when I went to the pool with Jimin and Kelsey." Realization hit him as he remembered that he went back to their place after and must have left them there when he changed into his normal clothes. 

"Well, . Guess I'm going to have to buy new ones when we get there." He concluded, scratching the back of his neck.

"Buy new what?" Hyunwoo asked from the bedroom door.

Kihyun jumped slightly at the sudden appearance of his brother.  "Ahh. I just need to buy new trunks. I forgot mine at a friend's dorm." 

Hyunwoo nodded casually in response before remembering why he was at Kihyun's door in the first place.

"Hey, have you seen my grey hoodie?" 

"Why do you need a hoodie? We're going to be at the beach, in the sun." Kihyun questioned.

"I know but I want to pack it in case I go for a walk late at night and it gets chilly. So, have you seen it anywhere?"

Kihyun was about to answer when their attention was drawn to the window by a holler from next door. 

"I'm ready whenever you guys are!" Minhyuk yelled across to them with a thumbs up.

Kihyun laughed as he turned back to Hyunwoo. "No, I haven't seen it but apparently Minhyuk has." He said as he pointed to the smiling boy donning his boyfriend's too big sweater.

Hyunwoo shook his head as a chuckle fell from his lips. "When did he even steal that one? Geez he's slick." He mumbled to himself as he went to finish packing up his own suitcase.

******

After Minhyuk let the other two know that he was ready he headed downstairs to grab something to eat on the drive up to the beach.

"Seriously, couldn't you have walked the few steps to their door and knocked to let them know you were ready? How are you so loud and energetic even in the morning? I'm surprised you didn't wake up your baby cousin." His mom said semi-jokingly with a nod in the direction of the little girl sleeping in her bouncer chair a few steps away.

"Sorry mom. I forgot you were taking care of her this week." He apologized, grabbing an apple from the bowl on the counter. 

"It's alright hun. Have fun, okay?" She said with a smile.

"I will!" Minhyuk responded cheerfully kissing his mom and cousin on the cheek before he left the house to find the other two waiting for him outside.

"Did you guys grab everything?" Kihyun asked. he didn't want anyone to realize they had forgotten something important halfway through the drive.

Minhyuk and Hyunwoo nodded.

"Good. Let's see if Changkyun's ready."

They walked across the street and knocked on the door. Changkyun opened it in the middle of sliding his shoes on and yelling could be heard from inside that put the three boys standing on the porch on edge.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! I DIDN'T GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO LEAVE THE HOUSE!" A gruff female voice called out.

"I don't need your permission, I'm an adult." Changkyun mumbled as he stepped out of the house.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" Changkyun shut the door forcefully on the booming voice, knowing in the back of his mind he'd have to deal with the repercussions of that later.

Changkyunwalked down the steps and across the street to the van that Hyunwoo rented for the week. He turned and looked up to see the others staring at him wide eyed.

"What the hell was that about man?" Minhyuk asked, shocked at what he just saw.

"Yeah. Is everything alright?" Kihyun asked in a concerned voice.

"Yeah. She's just in a ty mood. It happens." Changkyun shrugged with a blank face.

"That seemed like more then just a bad mood..." Hyunwoo commented cautiously, not entirely convinced.

"Don't worry about it, alright? It's fine. Let's just go have fun, yeah?" He said, throwing on a half-smile.

"Alright. Let's go get the others." Hyunwoo said as they piled into the first four seats of the van. Hyunwoo started the car and drove in the direction of a nearby park that Hoseok said he, Hyungwon and Jooheon were waiting at. 

When they got to the park, there was a very small distance between Hyungwon and Hoseok. Most people wouldn't notice it at all but Hyunwoo very good at observing his surroundings. A lot of people thought he spaced out and therefore wouldn't be good at noticing things but half the time he was actually taking in everything. He quirked his eyebrow slightly at Hoseok as Kihyun and Changkyun got out of the car to let the others get into the back seat, knowing the other would understand his silent question. Hoseok bit the corner of his lip in response, something he did when he was afraid that he messed up. 

Hyunwoo gave him a look that said they'd talk about it later to which Hoseok gave a brief nod in answer. Hoseok always went to Hyunwoo for advice when it regarded his relationship with Hyungwon so there was no doubt in Hyunwoo's mind that Hoseok would pour out everything he was thinking to him that night. 

When everyone was comfortably seated and buckled in, Hyunwoo looked into the rearview mirror to his friends in the car with a small smile on his face. "Everyone ready?"

Any previous tension in the air dissipated upon seeing their oldest friend's quiet smile and a chorus of excited cheers, mostly on Minhyuk and Jooheon's parts, were heard. He chuckled as he the radio and started the car, taking off in the direction of the beach.


Chapter 5! I apologize if it's a little shorter than the others or if it's mostly filler. I had a really bad mental health day yesterday so I decided to wait until today to update. Thank you for reading!