First Impression

Hold on Tight, This Ride is a Wild One (HIATUS I'm so sorry)

Sunday rolled around and found Hyungwon alone in his dorm room. Hyungwon was fortunate enough to have been assigned a single room which meant no roommates for him. Don't get him wrong, he didn't mind being around people or sharing a room, he's actually quite loud and outgoing when he warms up to people. However, he did like not having to worry about whether or not he'd get along with them. And it meant he was able to focus on his school work, like right now for instance. Currently, he was working on an assignment for one of his writing classes. This particular class didn't have a midterm exam but rather a project that required them to pick 3 people, alive or dead, who have made some kind of impression on them and describe in detail what the impression was and, if applicable, what type of person they think they are based on the impression. 

Hyungwon was really excited about this project. For the most part he loved all the assignments he had been given so far this semester, but this one had him thinking about all the different people he came across on a daily basis and how many of them managed to leave their mark on him, be it negative or positive. He decided to write about 3 positive impressions because although negative ones existed, the positive ones were some of the more significant examples that he could think of at the moment. Plus, if he was being honest he didn't really feel like mentioning the negative ones for personal reasons. 

The first person he chose was Hoseok, for obvious reasons. Of course, seeing as he knew Hoseok so well at this point that next to nothing about the older male surprised him anymore, he decided to write about one of his first impressions of him when the first started getting to know each other. Now if he was being honest, his absolute first impression of Hoseok upon actually meeting him was probably something along the lines of ", he's hot". But Hyungwon had to admit that wasn't really saying much coming from his panromantic because, although yes he did have preferences and wasn't by default attracted to everyone he saw, the number of people that he thought were attractive was still much higher than the rest of his friends.

Obviously, Hyungwon knew he couldn't just leave it at that so he thought back to the time Hoseok showed up at his door in tears when his mom died. Hyungwon had seen Hoseok cry quite a bit, even when they were just starting to become friends, specifically during certain movies or when listening to music but that was the first time Hyungwon had ever seen him so vulnerable and broken. He didn't hesitate to let the older boy in and hold him until the tears stopped flowing many hours later. When that happened he told Hoseok not to blame himself, that sometimes bad things happened to people because that was life and there wasn't always a reason for something and he still stood by that. He knew Hoseok believed the opposite, that nothing happened without a reason but he did his best to change the shorter boy's mind because that way of thinking would only cause him more pain in the long run. It took awhile for Hoseok to heal and grieve, but eventually he understood what Hyungwon was saying. Hyungwon was pleased to hear that he had helped in some way but he was not prepared for the words that were to leave Hoseok's mouth right after.

"You may be right, that not everything in life happens for a reason. But I have no doubt that meeting you was one of the things that did, whatever that reason may be." 

At the time Hyungwon didn't know how to respond so he just hugged Hoseok tightly to his chest. He was so flattered and surprised at hearing such meaningful words and the certainty in which they were spoken that he couldn't think of anything else to do. Back then he wasn't entirely sure what Hoseok meant when he said those words and he only realized two years later when he finally asked Hoseok out. But it was in that moment that he knew without a doubt in his mind that he would fall for the other. So, Hyungwon wrote about that as the first part of the assignment.

The other two people Hyungwon chose to write about was a girl who used to babysit him when he was a kid and one of his grade 12 classmates.
He was just about to start writing about the girl when someone knocked on his door. He walked over to the door and opened it to see Hoseok standing there with his books and laptop in hand with an obvious pout on his face. Hyungwon raised his eyebrows and made a face in response before placing a quick kiss on the other's lips and asking what was up.

"Can I study in your room today? Minhyuk and Hyunwoo are having a movie marathon and I can't concentrate." Hoseok explained.

Confusion settled on Hyungwon's features. "But you like having background noise when you work, hence why you came here instead of going to the library."

"Okay, yes that's true. But, they also have alcohol with them and as much as I love seeing them being happy and affectionate together, I'm still scarred from the last time they had a marathon and I walked out of my room to see a tipsy Hyunwoo "dancing" for Minhyuk when they got bored of the movie." Hoseok said. "I still can't listen to The Weeknd without picturing it."

Hyungwon laughed. He remembered Hoseok texting him when that happened. He didn't even need to see his lover's face to know it was as red as a stop sign as he recounted the situation to him. That being said, as funny as it was, Hyungwon had to agree with the other. There are many things they expect to see their friends do but giving a to their other friend is not one of them. The poor boy couldn't even look the other two in the eyes in the morning. However, the embarrassed looks on their faces when he finally told them what he saw made up for it a little bit.

Hyungwon opened the door and gestured for the shorter male to come in, closing the door behind him before sitting back down at his desk in the corner of the room. He unlocked his phone and his music to a playlist he knew Hoseok liked and raised the volume. Hoseok thanked him quietly as he made himself comfortable on Hyungwon's bed and got to work.

It was 2 hours later when Hoseok decided he was done studying for the time being and closed his books. He walked over to Hyungwon's desk and wrapped his arms around the taller boy from behind.

"What are you working on love?"

Hyungwon leaned back into Hoseok's chest as he explained the project and what he had written thus far. Hoseok smiled brightly and kissed the younger male's cheek when Hyungwon told him about the moment involving him, pleased to know that what he said back then was still an important memory to the other just as it was to Hoseok himself. 

"What about the other two people?"

It was at this point that Hyungwon turned his chair around he could look at Hoseok properly as he answered his question.

"I'm also writing about my old babysitter. I think I mentioned her before. Tall, curly hair, athletic build, just all around pretty, totally had a crush on her. I'm writing about how she was the first one to explain to my tiny kid brain when I was worried about finding other guys cute that you can't help who you fall for and that I wasn't bad or wrong for it."

Hoseok nodded, listening intently.

"And I'm also writing about that nonbinary kid from my grade 12 class, you remember J right? They were the short one with the bright blue hair and adorable chubby face that I was kind of jealous of. I'm mentioning how they taught me sign language because I wanted to be able to communicate with their dad directly whenever I hung out at their house."

Hoseok smiled, knowing Hyungwon still practices sign language at random times when he's not busy. He even taught Hoseok a few things, though he stilll messes up on ocassion. 

"That's good Hyungwonnie. But just for the record, your face is perfect as is." Hoseok said, emphasizing the statement with a soft kiss.

Hyungwon blushed slightly at the compliment and kissed the other back before he fell silent for a few moments.

"Thank you Hoseok."

Hoseok looked at his lover, taking notice of the serious look on his face. "For what?

"For not caring that I'm panromantic or call other people cute all the time. There's a lot of people that if I told I was pan or even bi, they would have immediately written me off as someone they don't want to date for fear of me cheating on them. So thank you for not being one of them." Hyungwon said sincerely.

Hoseok smiled softly. He didn't know exactly where it was coming from, but he knew the younger still worried about stuff like that from time to time. "You don't need to thank me for me a decent person. Honestly, I don't even get people like that. You're just as likely to cheat as me or Jooheon or Minhyuk. It has nothing to do with the orientation and everything to do with the person. If anything I feel like it's the opposite. You could have chosen literally anyone and yet you chose me." Hoseok said before adding in a more joking tone, "Not that I blame you though, I'm pretty amazing." He teased, throwing in a wink for good measure.

Hyungwon laughed and shook his head wanting to ask why the other was always like this.

"You are." He said instead, bringing the other's head down for a kiss. He carded his fingers through the older male's hair, tugging gently. Hoseok made a small noise that allowed Hyungwon to gain access to his mouth, slipping his tongue in and dragging it along all the places that have become so familiar to him. Hoseok slipped one hand around Hyungwon's torso while the other cupped his cheek, their lips continuing to move in sync with one another. He tugged gently at Hyungwon's bottom lip with his teeth, eliciting a quiet moan from the other. Hoseok knew that if he didn't stop soon, it would go too far and they had agreed that Hyungwon would be the one to initiate their first time and he wasn't about to break that agreement. 

Hyungwon must have been thinking the same thing because soon enough he broke the kiss, breath a little heavier then before.

"I need to finish my assignment and you need to study. We can kiss more after though, maybe while watching that movie you mentioned the other day?" Hyungwon suggested.

"Okay." Hoseok smiled and placed a kiss to the younger's forehead before he returned to his previous place on Hyungwon's bed and opened his books once more.

******

Meanwhile, back at the apartment hands were starting to roam and the two boys were relieved Hoseok had left hours ago.


Super short chapter, I'm sorry. Thank you for reading!