Angels Made from Neon and ing Garbage

Still a Better Love Story than Twilight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Hakyeon!' his father shouted. Always shouted. Never, you know, gently suggested. No. Shouted.

'Yes?' he replied, doing the last button up on his cuff. He hated the shirt he was wearing. Starchy and some type of tea-stained excuse for lavender. Why were they even wearing lavender? Since when?

'The representatives are pulling into the driveway, boy! Hurry yourself up!' came the ruthless answer.

'Yeah, okay, Dad,' was Hakyeon's lax reply as he straightened his black tie out, flung on a blazer, tugged on his shoes and raced down the staircase just as his mother pulled open the door.

The first thing he noticed was the smell. Disgusting. Like cold morgues doused in black pepper and covered in iron filings. The second thing he noticed was their apprehension. Not anything new in regards to reactions to his family. Hell, it was better than the usual, which involved screaming, pitch forks, burning at the stake, and other equally pleasant acts. However, this family's apprehension was different. Granted, he felt it slightly lessen as his father realised he had to actually welcome them into his home for them to actually cross the threshold. Their whole aura screamed regal, ancient, and a hell of a lot more powerful than anyone else they had conversed with in a while. The head of the trio that had entered Hakyeon's family's abode probably struck fear into the hearts of every human he ever laid eyes on, but really he just looked like he was constantly practicing his blue steel. His wife, who stood to his left, seemed as though she deserved so much better. His son? Hakyeon found himself too busy drooling to form proper judgements.

Smooth black hair that was just shorter than shoulder length and rather straggly, a burgundy dress shirt with a tie and buttons blacker than Hakyeon's soul, brilliant gold cuff links in the shape of a serpent eating its own tail, charcoal dress trousers, pitch black loafers, and an equally pitch black blazer slung over his shoulder. And his face. Hakyeon felt it was sculpture worthy, pale as it was. The boy's fangs were always ever-so-slightly pressing into his, Hakyeon did not know if veluptuous was the right word, but he felt is probably was, lips. The structure was slender, but defined, and his jaw held the potential to chop an apple in half, probably even a mango, slicing straight through the pit. Not only that, but he was taller, and more built. Hakyeon pulled a piece of his fringe and glared at his grey hair. He then looked down at his attire, and glared at that too. He was no match for the perfection of the boy that stood in front of him.

'Hakyeon, darling,' his mother began, cutting through his thoughts with her soft voice, 'The grownups here have some business to attend to, so why don't you acquaint yourself with this young man here and go show him your room?'

The boy looked to his parents, who both gave a curt nod, and he followed Hakyeon away to the foot of the staircase. Hakyeon bowed.

'Hi. I'm- uh- Cha H-Hakyeon. I'm seventeen. It's- uh- n-nice to meet you,' Hakyeon said, beating himself up over his delivery, but only inside of his mind.

The other boy bowed as well, before saying, 'Hi. I'm... I'm Jung Taekwoon. I'm also seventeen. It's... it's nice to meet you too.'

Hakyeon was stunned. Taekwoon's voice was the softest thing he had ever heard. Coming from someone who he assumed would be outgoing, charismatic and just plain loud, this was definitely a surprise. Nodding a bit and giving a small smile, Hakyeon gestured for Taekwoon to follow him to his room. Hakyeon grimaced when he opened the door, spotting the strewn crisp packets, tipped over box of DVDs and the overflowing sock drawer. He pushed past Taekwoon and rushed around, shoving everything back into its place of belongi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter