-acceptance

Perhaps, a little too late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I looked back for a moment
Times we cried and laughed
Goodbye now "

 

The interior of the vehicle they were currently occupying was crowded and messy with all the unnecessary trash that Jungkook had lying around. The magazines he never read were all trampled on and in the backseat along with the change he had brought with him and the massive box that he was going to give as a present.

He moved the empty water bottles and cans of beers out of the way and threw it with the rest of the junk that was piling up behind the two male adults. The strong alcohol smell from two nights ago when he drank all night till be passed out, never left his car and Jungkook just noticed how much it reeked.

Jimin gave him a look, wondering why on earth his best friend had started to drink so much. He was never like this anyway. Jungkook was always the quietest member of their group of friends that always had his laptop with him, typing away and editing some of the novels he was busy working on at the same time as trying to figure out what to do for his next lecture.

It was only a couple of months ago that Jungkook had avoided Jimin. The latter had to be the one to approach the younger boy and be the one to kick start a conversation when they are in the same place together, because if he doesn’t do so, Jungkook would just simply pretend that they were nothing but acquaintances.

 

“Ever thinking about cleaning out this pile of crap, dude?” Jimin brushed off his seat, not wanting his formal suit to get dirtied in any way. Jungkook rolled his eyes hearing the obvious sneer in the elder’s voice.

“Ever think about growing taller?”

Jimin scoffed at his response. “Don’t bring my height into this. Besides, it’s not my fault I cant grow any taller, jerk.”

Jungkook hummed and ignored the stare that Jimin was giving him. He looked at the rear mirrors before reversing out of his lot to the venue that they had to be at in around twelve minutes time. It wasn’t that far, but it wasn’t that close either. Seeing how it was in the middle of the afternoon, the former already knows that the lanes and roads would be packed with other cars.

Getting caught speeding isn’t the main problem right now. Jimin was his first priority.

 

“God damn. I hate my cousin so much.” Jimin hissed underneath his breath. He had his phone out and was checking his reflection on the mirror. His small hands that Jungkook always liked teasing him about, were trying to adjust the hairs that were astray and trying to get them down the correct way.

Jimin groaned a little when the strands of hair won’t go down and lay flat as he wanted. He gave up and hoped that his mother was already at the venue. His mother always knows what to do with his stubborn wavy brown locks.

Jungkook checked if the light was still red before forcing Jimin to face him. Jungkook didn’t speak or let Jimin speak while he retouches the strand that Jimin tried to fix. The younger grinned in satisfaction knowing that he did a great job with mending up his best friend’s visuals.

Jimin sniggered after seeing Jungkook’s childish grin and gave him the gratitude he deserved for doing a great job. Jimin guess his mother wasn’t needed after all.

“It wasn’t your cousin’s fault that his car broke down.” Jungkook reminded the other as he swerve the car to the left and continued from there.

Jimin nodded lazily and lay back on his seat, “true, but I’m still blaming him anyways.” The shorter kicked off his dress shoes and fixed his seat so he could lay back and rest for a little while. Jungkook glanced to check up on him.

Usually Jungkook would tell the former off since it was pretty dangerous and somewhat distracting for Jungkook to drive around while Jimin sleeps in such position. Nevertheless, Jimin had been up all night managing some financial issue and trying to get this event together that he lacked sleep and energy.

Jungkook decided to let him off. Just this once, however.

 

Knowing that Jimin had completely black out and in deep sleep, Jungkook gripped the leather, grey steering wheel underneath his sweaty palms before coming to a conclusion and pulling over.

He didn’t want to do this. He didn’t want to hate himself for doing such a thing but he couldn’t live his life knowing that he’ll never have a chance to see his best friend ever again without wanting to cry so hard because his best friend is no longer his anymore. Even if in the first place, Jimin was never his to begin with.

He checked the time once again and there was only four minutes left before they had to be there and the venue wasn’t that far off anymore, but Jungkook threw that thought aside and also arranged his chair to slide down to be in the same position as Jimin.

 

Jungkook took in the heavenly features of Jimin quietly. His closed eyes made his thick eyelashes to stand out into the open, the soft hair that Jungkook loved touching was swept to the side giving his forehead that he always begged to see, to show.

Jimin’s cute nose that was also strong and dominant made Jungkook wanted to bop it badly. His cheeks that were now hollowed made Jungkook miss the days when they used to look so squishable. The younger remembered the days when he would pinch it, loving the way Jimin would frown underneath him.

The brunette’s pretty pink thick lips were slightly open and Jungkook had to look away before he could do any rash actions. He smacked himself. Jungkook hated the fact that he was thinking about his best friend in such a way.

He completely felt so disgusting –so horrible.

He wasn’t supposed to feel this way.

 

His heart wasn’t supposed to beat so quickly against his chest as the beat echo all over his brain, he wasn’t supposed to want to touch Jimin so badly, he wasn’t supposed to long to hear Jimin’s voice, he wasn’t supposed so be in so much pain seeing Jimin be with someone else.

He wasn’t supposed to feel anything.

Jungkook had tried to avoid Jimin for a couple of months. He only answered his text with one word answers, he never pick up his calls making an excuse that he was too busy marking his student’s grades and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter