Cooking's a Lot Harder Than it Looks

Of Flowers, Jealousy, Kisses, and Gravity

Hi guys, so I am making this chaptered. Sorry it took so long to get out but every time I wrote and rewrote the chapter it just gave off a Woogyu feel and so I think I finally got it right. I hope you guys enjoy it and thank you for your support. 

~

Myungsoo groaned as he set another dish on fire. Sungyeol was coming over and Myungsoo wanted to prepare something decent. Sungyeol didn’t make cooking seem too hard so Myungsoo thought he could pull off a few easy dishes. Of course that wasn’t the case, Myungsoo's bleeding, burnt fingers throbbing with pain as he tried to put out the fire. Coughing as the acrid smoke filled his lungs, Myungsoo desperately ran to grab yet another fire extinguisher from the spares in the closet and put it out. However, he was too slow to stop smoke from triggering the fire alarm. Myungsoo running yet again to open the door to let out smoke before trying to fan away smoke from the detector, and for once glad that he lived alone. When the alarms finally died, he let out a sigh of relief before abandoning the ruined dishes and slumping on the couch. Normally Sungyeol would come over to give him company since he lived alone, but today Sungyeol’s parents had insisted that Sungyeol spend some time with his own family. Sungyeol promised to come over later, though., and that was what had started this whole disaster. Well it wasn’t a disaster when it had started, Myungsoo calling up his Mom and getting her to email him recipes had gone very smoothly. The beginning of the cooking process had gone pretty well too, it was just when Myungsoo decided to do multiple dishes at the same time that things started going downhill. Now everything was burnt. Myungsoo deciding to sulk in his self pity on the couch after bandaging his fingers. That was pretty much how Sungyeol walked in on Myungsoo, the door wide open because Myungsoo had forgotten to close it.

    “Do you like lollipops? Cause I would love to take you to my candy shop,” Sungyeol said in an odd voice, probably his impression of Myungsoo. Myungsoo glaring at his boyfriend when he heard the statement.

    “I thought we agreed to never speak of how we met,” Myungsoo groaned, even more annoyed that he was smiling at the absurd reference.

    “It’s not my fault that even though it was an innocent question you made it seem erted somehow,” Sungyeol teased, enjoying the way Myungsoo’s cheeks turned a slight pink.

    “Yah, who’s the erted one here, the one who made a remark that could be taken in a erted way or the one who took it the wrong way,” Myungsoo smirking as Sungyeol looked away flustered.

    “Only an idiot wouldn’t understand that,” Sungyeol bit back childishly, pouting as he took a seat beside Myungsoo.

    “I’m your idiot though,” Myungsoo replied, a smile spreading across his face.

    “Of course you are my idiot, I mean who else would put up with you anyways,” Sungyeol teased back.

    “I am sure Lee Sungjong would,” Myungsoo had meant for it to come out as a joke, but by the way Sungyeol stiffened up Myungsoo had clearly failed.

    “I’ll go clean things up in the kitchen,” Sungyeol excused himself, getting up only for Myungsoo to tug him back down.

    “Yeol, it was a joke. A stupid one but a joke,” Myungsoo wasn’t going to let go and Sungyeol knew it.

    “Yeah I know, I should learn how to get over that eventually anyways so don’t sweat it,” Sungyeol replied with too big of a smile.

    “You shouldn’t speak so lowly of your feelings Sungyeol,” Myungsoo’s voice came out a slight bit harsher than he intended.

    “You shouldn’t be such a Myungsoo,” Sungyeol mocked.

    “I don’t sound like that,” Myungsoo retorted clearly frustrated by how childish Sungyeol could be.

    “You totally sound like that,” Sungyeol mimicked and their was no way Myungsoo sounded as bratty as Sungyeol’s impressions.

    “Why you little-” Myungsoo didn’t bother finishing his statement and instead decided to settle for pouncing on Sungyeol and trapping the older in his embrace. “We’re too young for ,” Myungsoo murmured in his best impression of Sungyeol’s voice.

    “I thought you said we shouldn’t talk about how we first met,” Sungyeol was silenced by an elbow momentarily buried into his ribs. “Why are we reenacting our first meeting anyways?”

    “So I have a chance to drown you in cheesy pick up lines in an attempt to tell you how perfect you are,” Myungsoo couldn’t tried and Sungyeol cringed. “Not an appealing proposition?”

    “Yeah, not really how I wanna spend my time with you,” Sungyeol let out a small chuckle and Myungsoo was glad that things were amended between them.

    “Would you like to work out with me sometime then?” Myungsoo asked, Sungyeol taken aback by the question.

    “You work out?” Sungyeol eyed his boyfriend again, receiving a smirk.

    “No, but I heard kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute,” Myungsoo explained only to be silenced by a sharp smack on his chest.

    “Did you pick up any lollipops though?” Sungyeol asked, breaking the comfortable silence between the two.

    “I have one in between my thighs, would you like to give it a try- owwwww, what was that for?” Myungsoo whined, rubbing at his ribs.

    “For being way too hormonal for even puberty to excuse,” Sungyeol’s voice was filled with mirth.

    “Alright, I guess I have no option but to agree with that, but yeah my dad did create a new flavor of lollipops and he sent me a shipment saying he thought you would enjoy them,” Myungsoo replied only for Sungyeol to jolt upright.

  “Oh my god really? How could you not tell me? This is totally one of the perks of dating you, your father makes the best candy ever,” Sungyeol was busy ripping his house apart in pursuit of the bag of lollipops and Myungsoo couldn’t help but smile.

  “Sometimes I feel like you love my father’s candy more than me,” Myungsoo snorted at that thought. “Sungyeol stop tearing my house apart, the lollipops are in my backpack. Sungyeol charging into the living room and rummaging through Myungsoo’s bag until he found what he was looking for.

  “Oh god, Myung, how does your dad make this taste so good,” Sungyeol gushed. spitting out the words in between .

  “Well, I’ll have to tell him that this one was a success,” Myungsoo replied, “How does all this junk you eat not stick to your body.”

  “No clue, fast metabolism I guess, I ain’t complaining though,” Sungyeol mumbled, words choked out with sugary liquid dribbling down out of his mouth and his other hand gripping tightly to the bag of lollipops.

  “You’re a pig,” Myungsoo commented at that Sungyeol choking on the stick at that.

  “You’re so mean to me Soo,” Sungyeol whined with an overdone pout on his face.

  “Please Sungyeol, stop trying to act cute, it’s more repulsing than the charred remains in Myungsoo’s kitchen,” Howon’s voice interrupted their moment.

  “Uncle?” Myungsoo was genuinely confused as to why the older man was here and ruining his romantic life yet again. “Why are you here?”

  “Well that’s all Dongwoo’s fault. When you said you were alone today he figured you would try cooking on your own instead of eating out and so he made you dinner,” Howon answered. Myungsoo finally noticing the appealing smell coming from the bag in Howon’s hand.

    “Oh my god Myungsoo what have you done to the kitchen,” Dongwoo was biting his lip in an attempt to keep his laughter contained but his shaking body becoming proof to him finding the scene amusing. “I’ll clean it up,” Dongwoo stated before leaving, Myungsoo glad that one of his uncles was kind.

    “Woo, did you eat?” Howon called into the kitchen. “You’ll need as much energy as you can get to clean that mess.”

  “Yeah I ate at home, you three eat and then you’re helping me clean Howon,” Dongwoo replied, Howon groaning and glaring bloody murder at Myungsoo and the two of the arguing more than eating. Sungyeol, on the other hand, focused on finishing his food quickly so that he could help Dongwoo since the other two at the table could argue with each other for hours. Myungsoo realizing that even though he liked to think he lived alone, that probably wasn’t true at all.