So The Week Begins

Of Flowers, Jealousy, Kisses, and Gravity

It all started after he had run into Lee Jinki. Myungsoo was sure of that. Lee Jinki was the most clumsy person to ever exist on the face of this earth and the thing about him is that his clumsiness spread like a sickness. It didn’t stop him from being popular, but Myungsoo definitely did not appreciate the fact that he had fallen five times since his encounter with the older. Of course, the falls did little to dampen his good spirits, after all, he was going to see Sungyeol when he got to his first period. He could almost imagine Sungyeol’s tall awkward form standing out among the other 7th graders. Just as he predicted, he could see Sungyeol from halfway across the school campus and in about of joy decided to make a dash across campus to greet his boyfriend. Sadly he had forgotten all about his encounter with a certain kind-hearted clumsy Lee earlier that morning. Soon he was a few feet away and much to his dislike, his boyfriend was conversing with Nam Woohyun. In an effort to speed up Myungsoo tried to push off faster on the leg on the ground and somehow he ended up falling to the floor, the laughter of aforementioned Nam Woohyun filling the air.

“Wow look at this, Kim Myungsoo can barely even walk. He is such a clumsy idiot,” Woohyun gossiped to the boy nearest to him that wasn’t Sungyeol. Of course, the fact that Nam Woohyun was talking to him had the boy agreeing with whatever Woohyun said and had the girls that overheard the conversation giggling. “I guess that just adds to the list of things that he can’t do.”

Myungsoo was used to this kind of an exchange with Woohyun, after all, the 8th grader was Sungyeol’s closest friend and got extremely jealous of just how easily Sungyeol got attached to Myungsoo. It was needless to say that because of Sungyeol both Woohyun and Myungsoo had the biggest grudge on each other. Though that also meant that Myungsoo was more than ready to combat this.

“What can I say Woohyun, I am so likable that even gravity can’t help but pull me down into a hug,”  Myungsoo retorted, winking at the end of the statement and letting a smile rest on his lips. Woohyun’s jaw dropped at the retort, the older looking quite ridiculous with his mouth hanging wide open. That lead to general squealing and fangirling in general over him. Though when he turned around to greet his boyfriend, he realized Sungyeol was nowhere in sight.

“Hyunnie is it almost time for class to start?” Myungsoo felt pure dread as he heard the high pitched voice of his boyfriend question Woohyun affectionately.

“Yeah it is Sungyeol, why don’t I walk you to class since mine is close to yours?” Woohyun asked. Hooking his arm and Sungyeol’s arm together. Myungsoo, of course, expected Sungyeol to run over and give him a hug only to be left surrounded by girls who were excited way too much for a Monday morning. Sungyeol smiling at Woohyun and being led away from the scene.

~

Sungyeol sat in the middle of the grass field just outside his school. He wasn’t in the best of moods and as soon as the opportunity presented itself escaped Woohyun and school grounds in general. They had 50 minutes for lunch and students were allowed to leave the school during that time.

“It isn’t fair at all. Stupid Kim Myungsoo, I hate him, I hate him so much. I should avoid him forever and just stay with you guys,” Sungyeol said to the flowers, totally frustrated and knowing they were the only ones who would listen to him without taking sides with Myungsoo. He took there nodding along to the breeze as an affirmative to his statement.

“Ok, maybe hate was too strong of a word, but still, everybody wants him. It isn’t fair at all. First, he was popular with all the guys and became friends with them, and then all the girls began to love him, and now even gravity, you have to understand how hard this is. I mean he’s all that and he has a pimple, ridden boyfriend...” Sungyeol was cut off mid-sentence, someone plopping onto the grass next to him.

“Who he loves very much and is overreacting over the one pimple he had last week,” an annoyingly familiar voice made his presence known.

“Leave me alone Myungsoo, go back to your fangirls, I’m sure gravity would love to hug you a couple more times on your way to them. Run along now, wouldn’t want to keep them waiting,” Sungyeol mentally congratulated himself on how snide he sounded.

“You know flowers, I really think my boyfriend is the cutest. He acts so childish and adorable, it’s almost as if all the years he spends aging only teaches him how to act mature, not how to actually mature. Also, he seems for some reason beyond me, to think that he isn’t attractive. Even if he hasn’t noticed the way those girls look at him, I have,” Myungsoo spoke calmly, but his voice was laced with humor.

“Puhlease flowers, you and I both know these are useless excuses, I mean he didn’t look all that disgusted when Lee Sungjong’s hands were all over him,” Sungyeol bit back.

“Flowers I thought I already made this clear to him, but he still seems hung up on that event and that overprotective Nam is making it exponentially harder for me to be close with him,” Myungsoo replied.

“Jealous of Woohyun, yeah right, but you know what maybe that is his way of saying that he wants me gone. After all the idiot I am in love with hasn’t even kissed me once, yah, what the he-,” Sungyeol was cut off by Myungsoo’s lips on his. The kiss lasted about 5 seconds but it definitely didn’t seem that long to Sungyeol. It seemed as if Sungyeol hadn’t even felt those lips for a whole second. When the lips where of off his all Sungyeol could do was gape making Myungsoo crack up.

“You know flowers now that we have had our kiss I wonder when we are going to go to the next sta-,” Myungsoo was cut off again.

“Yah Kim Myungsoo, don’t think about stuff like that, oh my god nooooo, wait until we are over 18 years old,” Sungyeol let out a high pitched whine. Getting up afterwards and running away, Myungsoo chasing after him and both of them tripping and ending up on the floor with Myungsoo tickling Sungyeol mercilessly before stealing another kiss. Sungyeol realizing that maybe gravity wasn’t so bad after all.