|| Chapter 2: Brusque ||

THORN BONDS

Time Skip:

It was two days later, and BAP hasn't noticed. It was a Wednesday, this all started on Monday. When I went to the hideout since Junhong had no classes today. And for some reason, the other members of BAP wanted to go. I hoped they didn't notice that it was Junhong, but I don't think they would. But I was afraid of my hyungs finding out. I saw Jayden Hyung outside on the platform.

Jayden Hyung saw me first before I saw him. As he looked straight at me. "Junhong? Don't you have the password that Mikey made you?" He asked.

I blinked, just remembering that Junhong had one.

"If you don't remember I'm pretty sure Yongguk Hyung has one," Jayden said.

I can't put in mine, cause I know Mikey would see it on his screen. I gulped remembering that it was

CJH101596

Which was almost the same as mine, I opened the passcode box and typed in the password, hoping that it worked. And it did. I walked through the gate of the other Hyungs of Junhongs following after. Before I put in the passcode for the second time, the door opened, and I was face to face with Youngji Hyung.

I froze, hoping he won't notice now, that I was the maknae of his group. I gulped but before I can open my mouth Yongguk talked first. "Hey, Youngji Hyung." He said.

Youngji Hyung looked to his little brother, a soft smile came on his face. "Hey, Squirt. I didn't know you were all coming," he said.

I knew Youngji has always called Yongguk Hyung, "Squirt" since they were little. And he always called my brother and me "kiddo". He let us in but not before ruffling Yongguk Hyung's hair. Yongguk Hyung didn't really say anything about it, but he did smile that gummy smile I always see him with. When the other Hyungs were walking to the living room Youngji Hyung looked to me.

I gulped hoping he couldn't tell already. Its only been one day. But he's been around twins since he was five years old, he would probably notice soon. He was 2 inches than me, I was happy and didn't mind not being the tallest of the group, Junhong sometimes always told me the pros and cons of being the tallest of BAP all the time.

He reached over and ruffle my hair. His hand lingered a little. I knew right then and there he noticed already and it scared me, I was hoping he didn't get mad at me, disappointed or told everyone.
But all he did was give me a knowing smile. Before he told me to follow him downstairs to the training room. He told the others, he had to talk to me alone. I followed him, my heart beating in my chest. Yongguk Hyung was confused at first looking over at us with a raised eyebrow, but he probably thought that Youngji was talking about what happened and didn't say anything.

I followed Hyung downstairs, closing the door behind me as I looked at the door that leads from the underground sewer system. That was the safest way around from here. I realized he was waiting for me and just walked into the training room.

"You know, don't you? Hyung. I'm sorry it's just.." I mumbled But I knew Youngji Hyung can hear me, no one else was in this room. And it was so quiet, you can even hear a pin drop to the floor. I was scared since
Youngji Hyung is pretty scary when Angry. I couldn't even look him in the eye, I looked down to the floor acting like its the most interesting thing in the world.
"Dealo. Look to me," He said.
I gulped, I looked at Youngji Hyung, I didn't really have to crane my neck all too much like I used to, before the growth spurt. But I did have to look up a little still.

"I'm not angry Kiddo," Youngji Hyung said

I was shocked, knowing he wasn't angry. "How did you figure it out so fast?" I asked.

"I lived with twins before staying at this hideout, I have two little brothers who are twins. But I didn't know for sure, I had my suspicions, since you couldn't look me in the eye the whole time, and kept looking at the floor." Youngji Hyung said.

"You're really not angry?" I asked.

"No Kiddo, I'm not. But I just want to know what happened? And why you didn't tell us two days ago, why you didn't tell me," Youngji Hyung said.

"I'm not sure what happened either Hyung," I said softly, afraid if I spoke normally, I would cry, and it didn't help either, I still felt tears roll down my cheeks. "I was just walking to the meeting place we planned that day when I saw Junhong bleeding out on the ground. And a text came in from Chunghyun from my brother's phone, -" I trailed off. 

"Chunghyun?" Youngji Hyung asked. 
Youngji Hyung's eyes were slowly showing anger a little. 

"Yeah, And than Vertical brought up that Junhong was supposed to be in critical condition. It pissed me off Hyung. Because he knew something about what happened. I wanted to punch him, but I forced myself not too. Instead, I went back to my brother's dorm earlier than he usually gets there," I said. Tears rolled down my cheeks, out of anger, fear, and sadness. I wiped the tears away from under my eyes.

"I want to figure out what happened because its all my fault my brother got hurt," I said. 

"No, it isn't Kiddo. The ones at fault here is the bastards that did it," Youngji Hyung said, as he squeezed my shoulder. "But I understand why you jumped to do this now, instead of talking to me, you were thinking of your brother's safety and I understand that. Just next time tell me whats going on, I don't like being in the dark about anything. But I understand the need to protect your brother, Kid. I have two little brothers that I love dearly and want to protect no matter what. Especially Yongguk, since he seems to be so selfless most of the time, even though others believe him to be scary." He said.

I nodded, "I understand Hyung," I said.  He smiled softly at me before he ruffled my hair again, "Let's go, Yongguk still thinks your Junhong, His going to start getting worried about what we are taking so long." He said. 

I nodded, I followed him out, before we opened the door to the upstairs, Youngji Hyung looked to me, he was looking at my hair. I was starting to wonder why he didn't say anything about my hair yet. 

"So you dyed your hair the same as Junhong?" He asked. 
I nodded, "Maybe that's why Yongguk or any of BAP noticed yet. If it was your bright red hair they might have, even with a wig on." Youngji Hyung said. 

I smiled, as I laughed a little. Youngji Hyung smiled before he opened the door. 

When getting out, which Youngji Hyung let me out first, BAP was looking over, standing up as soon as I walked back in. I blinked, looking at Youngji Hyung, I was confused as to why they would be restless of me being with Youngji Hyun for a little. I've known Youngji Hyung since I was nine years old. But Yongguk Hyung knew him since birth. But I feel like he was standing up, because he couldn't hear anything since it was downstairs, a little away from the main floor.

Youngji Hyung was my leader, the commander of this group. But then I remembered they thought I was Junhong. "Are you okay?" Himchan Hyung asked.

I nodded, "I'm fine," I said.

Youngji Hyung looked to me, He looked like he wanted to tell me that he didn't believe a word I was saying. But he didn't say anything since I was acting as Junhong, And Youngji Hyung didn't really know him all too much. In Youngji Hyung's words, Yongguk was Zelo's leader, Yongguk was the eldest of BAP he knew Junhong more than He himself did. Well not as much as me though. 

"Anyways, Can I-" I trialed on. 

Youngji Hyung interrupted before I can finish, knowing I was asking about Junhong, he had to pretend it was me, which I'm pretty sure would be hard for him, I was as close to a Little brother to him, as much as Yongguk Hyung and Yongnam Hyung were. I was in front of him, yet he had to act like it was his youngest member that was laying on the bed when I was standing right here.

Youngji Hyung's look lingered a little, he was giving me a look that was telling me to not freak out when I see him, he knew I had panic attacks when I see someone hurt that I care so much for. 
"Of course you can see him Kiddo," Youngji Hyung said. 

He called both of us Kiddo, but it was mostly me since I was the one living here with nineteen and him. I looked down, I kind of hated having to act like I didn't really know any of the others in this room when I knew all 17 of them that was here, they were my Hyungs after all. 

Zimo Hyung was looking to me, he had moved right next to Youngji Hyung, he was an inch shorter than Youngji Hyung. Zimo Hyung smiled sadly, "Though I would warn you, he really doesn't look so good Junhong, this is the first time I've seen him with so many wires all over." Zimo Hyung voice cracked. I found myself forcing back tears, I was standing right here, yet I was lying to all of my hyungs, to Zelo's Hyungs. 

I knew they moved him here, so they can keep track of him, thinking it was me, Youngji Hyung now knew, but I knew for a little bit, I worried the hell out of him. 

"Zimo, You're scaring the kid," Youngji Hyung said. 

"But it's true! Our giant baby looks like a ghost, its so heartbreaking," Zimo Hyung said. 

'I'm right here Hyung. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry..' I thought. 

I couldn't control my tears, it fell down my cheeks. I saw the look of concern on BAP's face's, especially Yongguk Hyung.

"Now look what you did," Youngji Hyung said under his breathe, but I can hear him since everyone was so quiet, even my Hyungs, who are usually loudly asking me if I'm okay. It dawned on me, that this will be a hard mission after all.

Youngji Hyung walked over, as he patted my shoulder, squeezing softly, but firmly.

"I'm sorry Kiddo, Zimo's a little emotional right now." He said. 

"What if he doesn't wake up?" I mumbled softly. He was right in front of me, so I knew he heard. 

I knew he was going to say Zelo's name, but then he remembered him the only one that knew. 

"He will, Kiddo, he will." Youngji Hyung said. 

I looked around at the rooms, having no idea which one my brother was in. "What room?" I asked. I didn't have to finish a sentence for Youngji Hyung to understand what I'm talking about.

"The room at the end of this hallway." Youngji Hyung said as he pointed where I sleep, and I knew they had put him there. 

I nodded, as I slowly turned to go upstairs, at the staircase and turned a left, I didn't really mind when I heard footsteps following after knowing its the other members of BAP. I felt bad, having to lie to them that I was Junhong, that I was Zelo, their maknae when it was their Maknae that was in a coma. I passed the rooms, marked with the year of birth, I had a room to myself since I was the only one born in 96 within nineteen. 
I gulped, as I put a hand on the door, I knew what he looked like, the pale skin, even pale, with a bunch of wires everywhere, and a breathing mask. 

I opened the door, and saw the full-sized bed I had, with the dark gray covers, light grayish blue walls, and the black furniture.On the left side of the room, There were pictures up on the wall, a bookcase on the side of the wall with books, trophies and my guitar was right next too it. Behind the bed was the painting I did of Junhong and I., 

"Your brother painted that?" Yongjae asked shocked. 
"Yes, his always been good at painting, drawing, writing. He wasn't good in sports at all, often having a hard time in sports. Though he loved Archery and loved to run, and fight," I said. It was weird talking about myself, but I went with it anyway. On the right side of the room, was a desk, where all my art supplies and stuff were. There was a sketch pad on the desk left open, above was a calendar, with a tack board, I saw the nineteen symbol above, the spade card with the skull design. 
I saw my skateboard was right next to it. I saw the one person couch was next to it, and it had My huge Gorilla stuffed animal there, along with another Gorilla stuffed animal that had a banana in its hand, and one gray and brown gorilla and there was also curious George stuffed animals. 

I saw Yongguk Hyungs face when he saw those stuffed animals. "He seems to love Gorillas, and Curious George." Yongguk Hyung said. His Gummy smile was showing. It made me feel a little better, as I laughed, "Yeah. I was the one that gave him the birthday Curious George stuffed animal. When our birthday came, like three months ago.." I said. It was true, Junhong had given it to me, coming here right after school once, and I didn't even know he was coming.

"It was funny actually, he was shocked when I suddenly appeared infront of the door by myself even after a day before I just came home from one of our tours. His eyes looked like it would pop out of its sockets." I said. 

"Did he give you anything? Since it was your birthday too?" Daehyun Hyung asked. 

"That skateboard I got after I broke the first one he gave me, the one with Totomato painted on the back, by him. It shocked me actually, he didn't even get mad at me when I broke the first one, but the painting on the back of the skateboard of this one was a lot better." I said. 

I saw the shocked look on BAP's faces. "What?" I asked.

"Your twin brother knows about our mascots?" Yongjae Hyung asked.

"Yeah, I think he may also hear about somethings about BAP from Youngji Hyung, since his Yongguk Hyung's older brother..." I trialed on. I went to my desk and took the sketchbook. To show them the picture I was actually working on before this. It was all of the Matoki's, all 6 of them. 
The shocked look on the others faces shown me they were shocked. 

Finally, I looked back over to the front, My brother was laid down on the full-sized bed, Gray covers to his chest, they had put the machines in this room, instead of downstairs were it usually was, and how they carried it up here was a wonder. He had a breathing mask on, his chest rising and falling. I can see they kept on the ring and the dog tag. 

DEA - LO 

Birthname: Choi Jung Hee 

DOB: October 15, 1996 

 

  On the side of the bed was my walkie-talkie, phone.  Tears welled up in my eyes. "H-he looks so lifeless..." I mumbled. I felt a hand go over my shoulder. I didn't have to look to see that it was Yongguk Hyung. Tears rolled down my cheeks again. I slowly walked over and sat down next to the chair that was there, I knew Zimo came in here and so did everyone else. I heard Junhongs hyungs, who I never met until now, other than Yongguk Hyung. Walk out, giving me privacy, after seeing what kind of condition the other was in. I was certain they wanted to walk me up here, as a silent comfort. And I was thankful. They may not be my teammates, friends or hyungs at all. But I was thankful to them. I knew Yongguk Hyung since I was 9 years old, but I always wore a hoodie and now I was wondering what it would be like if I didn't would I be as close to him as Junhong was? I waited till I was sure they went downstairs, so they wouldn't hear me cry. 

"Junhong," I said quietly, hoping he could hear, but not wanting anyone else to hear. 

"I'm sorry, I-I'm so sorry.." I said as I sobbed lightly, it came out before I can stop it. 'This is all my fault.' I thought. More tears that I couldn't control kept coming down my face the whole time, and another sob left my mouth, this time I knew it was louder. But I couldn't stop it. I was scared and afraid, one of my biggest fears is about to become a reality, and I couldn't do anything, I had no idea in hell how this happened. I was worried, he looked so ghostly, looked so pale and the mischievous that was normally there on his face was gone. 


Youngji's POV: 

    After finding out that the one on the bed wasn't Dealo, and that my suspicions were correct, I was now worried as to what happened, and if Junhong was threatened somehow and he never told Dealo about it. I had my back away from the upstairs, the room I knew he was in, along with Junhong. I was still worried, I may not Junhong or Zelo, as much as Yongguk, but he was still the twin brother of the youngest of my group.

The remaining others, with BAP joining from upstairs, going downstairs now, were all quiet, not saying a word. Until Daehyun struck up a conversation with DJ. We had introduced them to all of us when they come waltzing through, or at least the others did, they already knew who I was.