Final

Secret Kisses

Dimmed Bedroom

Can't even sleep due to overthinking, He rose up to a sitting postion on his bed in the middle of the night and stared longingly at Mingyu who is sleeping peacefully at the other bed. He asked him in a whisper, "Why does it have to be you?" And soon his gaze fell on a small box found on the desk between their beds and look through it. The small red box contained two rings and in it the words "I'm yours"and "You're mine" was encarved. "Do you really like him this much?" "Can't it be me?" Wonwoo said dejectedly. He let the tears flow this time as he kept every emotion hidden until now but looks like it is also too much for him. "I might not even just like you but already love you though your happiness is what I want the most. Now if that means you being with another man than me, then I guess I'll just be here for you as a bestfriend until the end" He said it with a forced smile while caressing Mingyu's face and for the last time, He kissed Mingyu straight into the lips lightly as he did every night since weeks ago. He made it longer this time promising to himself that it would be the last one.

 

As he was about to pull away, a sudden hand held his neck deepening the kiss. He abruptly opened his eyes and was shock to see that Mingyu was awake. He tried to break free and Mingyu obliged joyfully as he was grinning from ear to ear. Too shocked from what happened, Wonwoo could not say a single word instead he just look through Mingyu's eyes until Mingyu spoke up " And I thought you wouldn't give me a kiss tonight" then he laugh at Wonwoo's now more shocked face. Wonwoo came back to his senses and ask Mingyu "Wait! You knew?" However, Mingyu didn't answer instead he pulled Wonwoo until the latter was on top of him then he circled around his arm on Wonwoo's waist tightly afraid that the latter might fall off. 

 

Wonwoo was still too shocked about the turn of events and was too embarrassed to face Mingyu. He was fidgeting the whole time then froze again when Mingyu suddenly pecked him on the lips. He slowly looked at Mingyu's eyes though he immediately looked anywhere else. "Yah! Can't you look at me properly?" Mingyu said teasingly as he wipe the tears on Wonwoo's face gently. "Even before the first night that you started kissing me 'secretly' I already knew what you felt for me." Wonwoo was alarmed by that and so he looked at Mingyu which was very much fond to the latter.  

 

"How?" Wonwoo was very much curious now. They fixed their position and now they are lying on the bed side by side though Mingyu is still hugging him by the waist and his face was near Mingyu's chest."I'm your bestfriend after all, ain't I?" Mingyu replied . "Yeah but-" "Get some sleep. We still have a long day tomorrow." Wonwoo looked up from Mingyu's chest and saw that Mingyu was serious as the latter was finally going back to sleep. Although he needs some answer from the latter, He knows that he is right. After all, tomorrow is Valentine's day and everyone, even them would be busy for their school's fair so even though he have some hesitations, he just told himself that things will be well discussed the next day and just get the most out of this moment for now. 

 -♡-♡-♡-

The next day was really hectic that even Wonwoo's mind was not filled with anything related to Mingyu. Well, not until it was the end of the day where the school usually held a bonfire while celebrating the success of the fair event. Wonwoo was looking for Mingyu but he saw Hoshi instead. He saw him with DK and what shocked him even more is that He saw Hoshi jumping from what seems like joy and suddenly kissed DK out of nowhere. He gasped as someone backhugged him. He didn't know who it was until the man talked. "You know we can also be like that if you wanted to." Wonwoo's heart suddenly started to beat faster as Mingyu hugged him even tighter and whispered in his ears "I love you." Wonwoo was beyond shock and more confused so he untangled himself from the hug and faced Mingyu asking, "But I thought you like Ho-" 

"Mingyu!" A sudden voice yelled from afar and Wonwoo knows exactly who it was. They both look at the owner of the voice who walks to them holding hands with what seems like his now official boyfriend and from there Wonwoo can see the rings which he saw last night. "Hey Hoshi! Congratulations to the both of you" Mingyu smiled  proudly while Wonwoo raised an eyebrow as he was witnessing the interaction between the two. "Nahh, we won't be this happy if it was not all for your help. Thanks man!" Hoshi replied as he fistbumped with Mingyu "Well that's all I can do for you after helping me out in the very first place" Mingyu smiled gratefully as he swiftly pulled Wonwoo by the waist earning a gasp from the latter. Seeing Wonwoo's reaction, they all chuckled leaving Wonwoo more out of place now. "Well, I guess we will leave the two of you to discuss your own matters now. See you guys later!" And just like that they were now on their own again.

 

Mingyu sat on the field tapping the side next to him for Wonwoo to follow suit which the latter easily obliged. They were now sitting side by side watching as the other students enjoyed their time near the bonfire. "You really don't know anything do you?" Mingyu suddenly asked. "Wha-What?" Said Wonwoo. Mingyu just smile at him and held his hand gently. Looking at their sudden holding hands, Wonwoo was more than eager to know what Mingyu has to say. "I don’t like Hoshi that way as you assumed it to be, you know. He's just my childhood friend" Mingyu explained as "Ohhh" was all Wonwoo could say earning a chuckle from Mingyu. " It was you who I liked way before or rather I loved now as we go along the way of our friendship. Hoshi was just there to help me get closer to you. He went all the trouble so as to get me the same room with you. His advices were all a great help especially when I noticed that you're gradually opening up to me until I can finally see those care and affection in your actions and whenever I looked straight into your eyes. What is more surprising is that you confirmed all of my hunches that night when you secretly kissed me. Back then, I don't want to assume even more or rather to rush everything so I preferred to keep it low and see more changes as each day would pass rather than seeing our friendship falling into pieces. I went to talk about it to Hoshi but ended up helping him instead with his long time crush and also our childhood friend, DK. I also made all the possible things to help him as a way to thank him and that's when you suddenly grew further from me. I was scared to lose you but noticing that you didn't stopped kissing me 'secretly' every night makes me relief. I know you might be thinking that I'm just playing with your feelings and taking up all those advantages of you kissing me every night but no, I just want everything to fall into place and for everyone to be happy. Meaning, you with me and my childhood friends together. Even though I was full of hesitations back then, right now all I want is to be with you without holding back any longer. So if it's not too late, I hope you want to-" 

Mingyu didn't even finished his words when Wonwoo suddenly kissed him. Mingyu was too shock at first but he slowly melt in to the kiss.

They separated shortly. Both grinning at each other. "Does that mean, we’re finally together?" Mingyu asked as Wonwoo replied "Well if it gives me more privilege to kiss you not so secretly anymore this time, then yes! Gladly."

------

Thank you for reading. I know it's not that great but please do comment down below for me to know your reactions. Thank you 😊