Chapter 1

Reserved for my master
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seokjin, we have to hurry. The new heir of this restaurant will arrive soon!”

The head chef, who held the responsibility leading the kitchen of the world famous restaurant, ‘Jeon Restaurant’ instructed his employee to perform their work more efficiently.

“Yes sir.” Seokjin’s shouted, running frantically here and there, working non-stop for almost 4 hours now.

Seokjin, who started his career two weeks ago in the restaurant as a cleaner was experiencing a very difficult time ever since his first day.

He’s not from a wealthy family since he was born in a tough life. He went through plentiful sufferings until these days, lacking in education, having no jobs skills and no proper life. His own father had left him and his mother since he was still a child, just for another woman. Until now, his mother had to support their living alone and she works outside the country.

Even after experiencing those, Seokjin was ever a happy soul. He never showed any hate for the cruel world, but instead felt happier and more grateful each day. Seokjin and his mother were in the midst of hardship but nevertheless still enjoyed their life as a happy family because they both had each other.

“Seokjin, where are you? Come here this instant!” the head chef ranted; shouting over to Seokjin who was still busy with the chores piling up for him at the back.

Seokjin put down the plates and ran off to meet him. “What is it sir?” said Seokjin while gasping in exhaustion.

“I need you to keep this paper!” he handed Seokjin a piece of paper, too harshly for Seokjin’s liking.

Seokjin stared at the paper in confusion, flipping it over a few times. “What’s this paper?”

“Be careful with it! It’s not an ordinary paper, you fool! That’s the secret recipe that we’re going to serve to the new heir soon. So be sure to take care of this properly.”

Seokjin’s eyes widened as he heard how important it was. He rapidly nodded and stored the paper carefully in his pants pocket.

“Listen to me, young boy, it is very important. Lose it and you’ll lose your job!” He shouted, raising his eyebrows and frowning deeply until Seokjin felt shivers running down his spine.

Seokjin was frantic. Even after the man had already walked off from there, none of the minutes or seconds that passed by gave Seokjin the opportunity  to calm himself down. Instead, the ticking time only added up to his headache.

“I’m getting the chills just by keeping this paper. I should wash my face.” Seokjin solemnly dragged himself to the toilet to lessen his fear and anxiety. “Oh wait, the paper might get wet.” Seokjin stopped midway. 

“Maybe I should put it here for a while.” said Seokjin, placing the paper on the counter beside the sink.

“Wait here, I’ll be back soon” He gave the paper a quick pat and ran to the toilet as quickly as he could.

\SKIP\

After 3 minutes, everything is almost set up. The grand preparation for greeting the new heir was done in the hallway. Every staff was done with preparing the foods for the feast.

“Alright everyone, listen up.” a stern voice grabbed everyone’s attention. It the one who was being mean with Seokjin earlier.

Everyone’s eyes were on the chief. They got in lines and focused on what he would be going to say next.

“We need to impress the new heir with our cooking skill.” He strutted pass his employees with a stern frown painting his face. “And that is why tonight we shall cook our secret recipe, just for him!”

For some reason, everyone started cheering on the chief’s short speech. He waited for the commotion die a little before raising his hands. “Seokjin, bring it to me now!” He said with an enthusiastic tone.

“Seokjin… Where are you?” The chief raised his eyebrows upon realizing that his commands were not being responded. The employees darted their eyes around the kitchen but Seokjin’s presence could not be seen anywhere.

“Did anyone see him?”

“Where did he go?”

“I saw that he went to the toilet, sir.”

“Then, what are you waiting for?! Find him and bring the recipe now! We’re going to be late!” He growled and the guy scurried away to search for Seokjin.

Seokjin, on the other hand, had overcome his anxiety after having a splash on his face. “Pheww…” he grinned faintly, feeling a bit relieved.

“Yah Seokjin-ah!” The guy shouted.

“Y-Yes?”

“Where’s the recipe, chief told us to prepare it now.”

“Recipe?” Seokjin murmured. His eyes went impossibly wide as he scanned around the room in panic.

“Oh! That paper, I put it over…” He turned around to face the sink and what he saw froze him on the spot. “Here….?”

“Ah thank god you kept it safe. Now give it to me.” the guy felt relieved and approached Seokjin slowly. “Oh God, Seokjin, you’re a life saver for us.”

“Actually….”

“I-It’s not with me…?”

“Arghhhhhhhh, the paper is gone?!”

 

**

In the meanwhile, quite different from the chaos at the restaurant, the heir was calm, sitting in the car with his great posture and waiting patiently for his arrive at his restaurant. He was oblivious of the events that was occurring at the restaurant at the moment.

“Sir Jungkook, we’re almost there. Are you ready?” The driver, also his butler, asked him.

“Mm-hmmm.” His master hummed as a reply, nodding his head slowly.

“Alright, sir.”

His name is Jeon Jungkook, the new heir that will inherit the responsibility of his father’s restaurant soon. He looked outside, his eyes glaring every building they passed on the way.

“Jungkook, are you alright?”

Jungkook was a bit surprised when someone abruptly patted his shoulder. It was Kim Taehyung, his childhood friend. He was sitting next to him, worry written all over his face.

“Yeah, I’m alright. Don’t worry about me”

“You seemed not so to me, though. Mind telling me, are you nervous?” Taehyung chuckled.

“I don’t know Tae… I was thinking that I might just not be ready for all of this, not yet. I’m only 18.” Jungkook sighed, biting his lower lip.

Taehyung could see the dismay on the younger’s visage. He gently inched closed to the younger and pulled his head to rest on his shoulder.

“Trust me, everything is going to be fine soon. I know you could do this.” Taehyung ruffled the younger’s hair.

For Jungkook, Taehyung wasn’t only his best friend, but also someone that he can rely on ever since they were still kids. Every time he had a problem, he would end up confessing it to Taehyung. His parent barely had time to spend with Jungkook, being bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter