PROLOG

The Missing Piece (previously titled "Slowly") || discontinued
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

 

The feeling of Park Jimin to Kang Seulgi, started when one day, they almost collided with one another. Park Jimin was a junior student of Kang Seulgi. There were just a few people who knew about him. Because he wasn’t a famous student. He was classified as an ordinary student. Nothing stand out from him. He wasn’t so handsome, wasn’t so cute, wasn’t so smart nor stupid, but he was known as a good son of a good family by his classmates.


When they almost bumped at each other, the two jolted. The gap of their faces was no more than ten centimetres. Then, Seulgi took a step back. The two said “Sorry” for each other—simultaneously. The girl then gave him her smile—which he immediately thought it was beautiful. So freaking beautiful that caused  Jimin blinked his eyes repeatedly until he belatedly realized that the girl had left him. “How beautiful”, Jimin whispered.


“Kang Seulgi” his friend—Kim Taehyung said.


“Who?”


“You know, she is the Kang Seulgi. One of the super famous girls in this school. She’s one grade above us.” While walking to their destination, Taehyung explained to Jimin who’s Kang Seulgi. Jimin didn’t know why he all of sudden fascinated by that Seulgi girl. He even listened carefully to what Taehyung was described about Kang Seulgi.


“She’s really pretty. Many students here agreed to place her in the top prettiest student here. Along with Bae Joohyun from 3rd grade, Bae Suzy and Krystal Jung were in the same grade as her. But, many students said that Seulgi’s beauty is different compared with other girls here. Jimin-ah, did you see that Seulgi sunbae-nim just has single eyelid?”


Jimin shook his head. To be honest, he didn’t pay his attention to her eyes. He was focused on her lips. Not mean to be nasty, but Jimin couldn’t resist himself from not staring at Seulgi’s smiling lips.


“This kid... next time if you meet her again, make sure to look at her eyes. It’s rare to meet a pretty girl who has one eyelid.” And blah blah blah...


Jimin frowned. Taehyung seemed knew a lot about Kang Seulgi. Did he like her? Jimin had no idea about what he felt at that time, but, when Jimin tried to think about that, he felt that Taehyung could possibly be his ‘enemy’. In terms of fight to get the girl. Yes, right at that time, Jimin began to like her. Kang Seulgi, a super famous girl, multitalented and intelligent student, a girl who always looks more shine in the midst of another girls—seen in Park Jimin’s eyes.


But, could that Park Jimin boy get her heart? Could he compete with other boys who were also trying to catch her love? Jimin was just an ordinary student whose the prominence never appeared in front of people. He had a mental breakdown, but also felt too difficult to burry his feelings toward Kang Seulgi.


***


8 years later


“Seulgi-ssi” the only daughter of Kang has been accelerating her steps. Her stare straight ahead. She looked angry and hurt. Even her tears almost poking out from her slanted eyes. She acted like she didn’t assume Park Jimin’s presence beside her. Who was counterbalancing his footst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter