chapter 1//fin

Kiss Me

 

'Never in a million years would Wonwoo have guessed that he would be kissing a complete stranger in the middle of a park. Yet here he was, kissing a complete stranger in the middle of a park. It wasn't his idea and he didn't want to, but with a few (hard) pushes and some talking from his annoying friends Soonyoung and Seokmin, he agreed. 

Wonwoo was in the park playing soccer with his friends when Soonyoung just had to point out that his ex was also there, with a girl. 

"Isn't that your douche ex?" Soonyoung asked with his index finger pointing straight at him. Seokmin turned around and nodded.

"Yeah, that's the one. And he's with a girl! Didn't you guys just break up like...last week?" he asked.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "They're probably just friends." But when they kissed (more like shoved each other's tongues down their throats), Wonwoo thought differently.

"Yeah, 'just friends' my ," Soonyoung said. He kicked the ball to Wonwoo. "What're you gonna do?"

"What do you mean what am I gonna do? There's nothing to do," Wonwoo replied. 

Seokmin and Soonyoung exchanged looks before Seokmin spoke up. "You should make him jealous."

"How?" Wonwoo asked. He passed the soccer ball to Seokmin.

"I watched in a movie where the girl pretended to have a new boyfriend to make her ex boyfriend jealous. You want one of us to pretend to be your boyfriend?"

"No way in hell am I doing that," Wonwoo deadpanned.

"Ooh!" Seokmin raised his hand excitedly. "You should kiss someone in front of him! He'll be jealous for sure."

Wonwoo stared at him. "Why on earth would he be jealous if he's the one that broke up with me?"

"Yooo!" Soonyoung yelled and high fived Seokmin. "That's a good idea!"

"Who would I even kiss?" Wonwoo asked. He pushed the sleeves of sweater up. It was tiring to argue with these two.

"Well since you hate the idea of doing anything remotely romantic with us, kiss someone here!" Soonyoung suggested. He called over a group of people that were playing basketball a few feet away.

"What the hell are you doing? Stop! Why would you call them over? I am never doing that," Wonwoo hissed as the group walked over with confused faces.

Soonyoung and Seokmin giggled like schoolboys and motioned the group to come over. Once they were standing in front of each other they started talking.

"Any of you guys single?" Soonyoung asked straight to the point. Wonwoo had to hold his hands together to prevent himself from face palming himself.

The group of guys all looked at one person. 

"He's the only single one," a tall man said with a laugh. "Why?"

"Ah, great!" Soonyoung said. Seokmin pulled him over by his arm. "You wanna make $20?"

"What do I have to do?" the guy asked. 

Poor guy, Wonwoo thought.

"Simple! All you have to do is kiss my good friend, Wonwoo, here. His ex, who broke up with him a week ago, is right over there with his new girlfriend," Soonyoung explained. The group gasped. "Yeah, I know. It's horrible. That's why we want to make his ex jealous." The group cheered. 

The guy nodded slowly. "Ohh, I see where this is going...I have to do something with him, right?"

"Yep, all you have to do is kiss him in front of his ex."

"You don't have to," Wonwoo interjected. Everyone ignored him.

"Sure."

"Seriously?" Wonwoo asked. The guy looked at him and smirked a bit. 

"Sure, why not? I get money by kissing a cute guy. Seems pretty easy to me."

"I don't even know your name."

"Kim Mingyu. 20."

Wonwoo was taken aback by the response. "J-Jeon Wonwoo. 21."

Mingyu flashed him a smile. "You're older than me!"

"Okay guys we can get to know each other later. Can we skip to the making ex jealous part now," Soonyoung spoke up.

"Ooh, do it now! He's looking this way!" Seokmin said in a hurried tone.

Mingyu stood in front of Wonwoo and that's when he realized 1. he was taller than he was and 2. his heart is beating way too fast for it to be healthy. Mingyu bit his lip and smiled.

"Ready?" 

Uh, no. I am not ready to kiss someone I know literally nothing about besides their name and age, Wonwoo thought. He was about to step back when he felt something warm on his lips, and he realized Mingyu was kissing him. 

WTF was the only thing that Wonwoo could think at that moment. His lips were rough and it hurt Wonwoo's a bit. They were warm and had a thin layer of saliva over them, which Wonwoo thought was actually pretty nasty. It was so sudden but Mingyu pulled away just as Wonwoo was beginning to process everything that was happening.

Seokmin and Soonyoung jumped all around him, filled with excitment. Mingyu's friends did the same to him, and Wonwoo heard something about a first kiss. 

"You had your first kiss with a stranger, dude!" his friend yelled. 

Wonwoo looked at Mingyu, who was already looking at him. Mingyu's cheeks were bright red. "So, uh, yeah. You were my first kiss. If that counts?"

Wonwoo blinked.

"I was wondering if you'd like to meet up again sometime? I want to get to know you," Mingyu said. He pulled out his phone and Wonwoo entered his number into it, still in a haze. "Thanks, I'll text you."

When they were out of sight, Wonwoo turned to his friends who were standing behind him. Soonyoung burst into laughter. "I can't believe that just happened."

"Your ex's face was priceless! He was so shocked and he kept staring at you, so his girlfriend slapped him and walked away," Seokmin laughed. "I got a picture of him! Wanna see?"

Seokmin shoved his phone in Wonwoo's face. He noticed his ex standing behind them with a surprised expression, but he was focused on the taller boy off to the side of the picture. His head was slightly tilted and his eyes half closed, a few strands of hair falling into his face as his lips were attached to Wonwoo's. Wonwoo's phone suddenly buzzed in his pocket and he checked the notification.

 

From: Unknown

Hey, it's Mingyu :-) Wanna meet up for lunch tomorrow? 

He smiled softly at the message and bit his lip. Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing after all.