Chapter 1

You're My One Soul Mate

 

Taekwoon did not stop running, even if he was running out of breath and receiving weird stares. There wasn’t that much a distance between the café and his house. Running full power would take about 5-7 minutes max. The moment he reached home, unlocking the door and entering, he went straight into his room, locking his door. He leaned onto his door, sliding down to the ground, calming his heartbeat from the marathon he just ran. He could not believe that he finally found his soul mate. Thinking back to what just occurred earlier, he knew that the tanned-skinned guy was his soul mate the moment they made eye contact. There was never any explanation as to how one would find their soul mate, but when they do, both parties would feel a link, a connection, has been made.

Running one hand through his hair, Taekwoon grumbled in frustration. He was happy that his soul mate finally appeared, considering his age and how he’s been single his whole life. What he did not expect was for him to be a true Alpha. He had had enough of people talking about his being a Beta and criticising him when they thought he wasn't within a hearing distance. Why wouldn't they, when his parents are the great true Alpha Jung Yunho, one of the Top 3 entrepreneur, and Kim Jaejoong, the famed fashion designer Beta, who can refute any alpha's commands, which no one could ever figure out why and how. It doesn't help at all when his younger brother was a true alpha. He doubted that there would be any end to this when they find out who his soul mate is.

Speaking of his younger brother, he was sure that he caught a glimpse of him behind his soul mate when he ran out of the cafe.


"Are you planning to eat out my allowance for the week, Changmin-ah?" Hakyeon started, staring as Changmin devours the third piece of cake that he ordered.

"Don't be so dramatic, hyung. This much could barely make a dent on your weekly allowance," Changmin retorted as he finishes the cake.

"Damn brat," Hakyeon teased, flicking his finger on Changmin's forehead without any effort but Changmin still acted as though it really hurts.

"You love this brat for helping you with your work," Changmin put his tongue out and continued, "Anyway, hyung. Care to explain why you suddenly zoned out when that guy ran out of the cafe?"

Hakyeon was taken aback for a moment. He did not think that Changmin would have noticed that, what with foods being there right in front of him.

"I....I think I may have found my soul mate?" he responded, unsure himself of his response.

"What?! Really, hyung?!"

To say that Changmin was surprised was an understatement. He was bewildered. He would never have thought that his close hyung's soul mate would be his blood-brother. Hakyeon never came over to his house so of course he had never met Taekwoon, or even able to find out that he would be his soul mate.

"Yeah, but I feel kinda sad that he ran off before I could even speak a word to him," Hakyeon pouted.

Changmin though, knew why he ran off. It was due to the realisation that Hakyeon was a true Alpha. Changmin has seen all the discrimination that people had towards his brother just because he was a Beta. They speak so nicely of Taekwoon in front of their parents but the moment their parents are out of sight, they take off their cover and criticise Taekwoon as if they were any better. They were still careful of their words when Changmin is around his brother. It was probably due to him being a true Alpha.

It wasn't fair how people were treating Taekwoon. He used to be a cheerful boy, always smiling and laughing with Changmin as they grew up. It all changed when they accidentally heard a group of people ill talking Taekwoon at a party. Ever since then, Taekwoon put up a demeanour. Talking and smiling happened less and less until he completely doesn't, especially in public. Changmin was extremely sad when it happened, but is glad that when they are in their private space, their home, Taekwoon would take down the demeanour, going back to how he used to be like. Their parents never spoke to Taekwoon about his change of behaviours, especially when it was plain obvious. The two brothers speculated that their parents most probably knew about everything and knew better than to bring it up with them.

"So what are you going to do now? Seeing as he ran away from you," Changmin inquired, sipping on his macchiato.

"I don't know. Probably find him and then get to know him, I guess? All these are so new to me so I'm going to take everything slow," Hakyeon replies with a bubbly face, like an excited kid.

Changmin did not comment anything about it, just continued sipping on his drink as he watches Hakyeon continuing on about how he should approach Taekwoon the next time he sees him so that he doesn't run off again like he did today and so on.

'Hyung-ie should be fine if it's Hakyeon-hyung,' Changmin thought as he watches Hakyeon.


Changmin went straight home after his ‘feast’ with Hakyeon. He heard noise coming from the kitchen as he took of his shoes and headed there. His mother was there cooking dinner.

“I’m home, mum,” he greeted from the entrance of the kitchen.

“Welcome home, Min,” Jaejoong looked up from what he was doing, greeting his youngest.

“Can you go get Woonie down? Yunho will be home soon and dinner’s just about ready,” Jaejoong asked with a warm smile.

“Sure,” Changmin answered as he heads off to the stairs towards Taekwoon’s home.

That was how their mother is always like. No matter how bad or difficult something is, he would always smile warmly to his family. Changmin could see the eye bags that were forming under his mother’s eyes and hope that whatever it is that his mother is stressing about would not last long.

Reaching Taekwoon’s room, Changmin knocked on the door, waiting for a response. When none came, he tried turning the door knob, to find it locked.

“Hyung, open the door,” Changmin called over the door.

There was silence at first but then he heard shuffling from the opposite side and the door opened slightly. Changmin took that as a sign and opened the door wider, walking into his brother’s room and closing it behind him.

Taekwoon never left his spot on the floor by the door before Changmin knocked on his door, bringing him back to reality. Changmin’s knock snapped him out of his daze. After opening the door slightly, Taekwoon moved to sit on the edge of his bed. That is where Changmin finds him after closing the door behind him.

“Hey, want to talk about earlier?” Changmin asked as he sat down next to Taekwoon on the bed.

Taekwoon was slightly surprised that Changmin actually noticed that it was him, considering they were in a café. “You noticed?”

“Yeah. How could I not notice my own brother running out the shop when his soul mate finally appears,” Changmin feigned an insulted face.

“Wait, how did you know it’s my soul mate? There could have been so many other reasons,” Taekwoon questioned, as he looked up at Changmin, finally facing him.

 “Well hyung, it’s because your soul mate is my friend, and he practically told me all about his happiness from finally finding his soul mate,” Changmin explained, “and I had to deal with his over-excitement for the past hour.”

“O-oh.”

That was all Taekwoon could react to his soul mate being Changmin’s friend. He never would’ve thought that his soul mate was already in contact with his family member. He’d definitely never seen Changmin with him before as the younger rarely brings his friends back home.

“What do you plan to do about it?”

Taekwoon’s head perks up at the question. “What?”

“About your soul mate, Hakyeon hyung. What are you going to do about him? Since you ran away from him the first time.”

Taekwoon was playing with his fingers, tangling and untangling them, trying to figure out what exactly he plans to do.

“I..I don’t know, Min-ah. All these are so new and I…I haven’t been close to anyone since…since forever,” Taekwoon was so conflicted. He wanted to know his soul mate better but he did not want to end up getting hurt during the process.

“I know hyung,” Changmin consoled, wrapping one arm around Taekwoon’s shoulder, pulling him into a side hug, “That’s why I’ll be here to help you. Hakyeon hyung has been going on and on about how he’s going to find you and get to know you more and making promises that he’s going to make you happy, and I’m sure he will keep that promise.”

Taekwoon tilt his head back slightly to look at Changmin, “You think so?”

“I know so, hyung. Oh and he doesn’t know that I’m your brother so I’m sure you can see his sincerity,” Changmin giggled.

“Now let’s go down. Mum said dinner is nearly done and dad’s going to be home soon.”

 


Here's the new chapter. The next one might take a while. >.<