Mark x Wendy: Today's Our First Day?

Wild Imagination

colorcoded for language purpose:

blue for English

red for Korean


So…” Wendy started off the conversation awkwardly.

So?” Mark smirked, looking to her eyes deeply.

They were taking rest near a hidden vending machine, hidden from public eyes. They were on the same music shows for a while, so they took their rest time to meet and greet.

You want to mock my red hair?” Wendy took his smirk as a teasing.

Oh, no.” Mark shook his head. “It looks beautiful on you.

Don’t. Just don’t.” Wendy’s finger curled because of his cheesiness.

Mark chuckled as Wendy faked a shiver as her reaction.

But really,” Mark said after chuckling, “it suits you and your flaming spirit.

Oh, really?” Wendy felt shy and embarrassed, being praised by a handsome boy.

Wannie~” Not far from them, another girl, with a boy next to her, looked at Wendy, felt something strange with her gesture. “Everything's alright?

Yeah, Seul. I’m okay.” Wendy nervously replied. “Just, focus on your date beside you, lovebird.” She same age member, Seulgi.

Mark-ssi,” The boy beside Seulgi said sarcastically, “please refrain your angelic smile to Wendy-ssi. She has poor heart, I heard.

Jaebum-ah. Just focus on your lovely girl. Or you want her to get same treatment as Wendy here?” Mark said teasingly.

Jaebum shrugged as he hugged Seulgi tightly to protect her from Mark. Mark laughed heartily, while Wendy followed him laughing and Seulgi slapped Jaebum’s arm lightly to loosen the hug that actually she wanted secretly.

Ouch. That hurts, you know.” Jaebum said as he loosened a little bit and now he was whispering something to Seulgi, inaudible to both Mark and Wendy.

Wendy chuckled after seeing embarrassed, red-faced Seulgi, who was now struggling to let off Jaebum’s hug.

Such a lovely couple.” She mumbled.

At least we can see both of them happy, right?” Mark said, now back to look Wendy deeply.

It is. Seeing her happy makes me happy too.” She grinned widely, now also diverted her gaze to Mark.

I’m a little bit uncomfortable speaking in English.” Mark said, rubbing his nape as he diverted his gaze to another direction.

Well, I don’t want Seulgi reporting to Joohyun about what we talked about.” She said, also diverting her gaze, again, to another direction too.

I don’t want to be teased too, you know. Seulgi only took me with her because I can keep secrets.” She continued.

Ah, I see.” Mark reacted to her story, now back looking at her again. “Is it because of two young devils in your group?

Yeah, those two devils.” Wendy mocked. “Those two, especially Joy, always teases me with whoever she thinks suitable for me.

Well, at least they are controllable. Not like Jackson.” Mark sighed, shook his head and then chuckle a little bit.

Ah, I’m sorry for your pain, Mark.” Wendy patted his back.

Don’t be sorry. I think he just wants me to speak my mind rather than just sitting quietly, observing the conversations between members.

Well, you’re not that quiet in front of me, young boy.” Wendy teased.

You are different case, I guess.

Wendy creased her eyebrows at his statement. What are you trying to say, Mark? Wendy thought.

D-different case?” She stuttered as she was nervous at his answer to that question.

Well, first of all, you’ve been living in a foreign country.” Mark started. “Then, you can speak English, which I prefer to use, although, as I said before, it’s kinda uncomfortable, considering you are Korean.” He continued.

Wendy nodded at his statement. “But why don’t you have a better relationship with Jackson, in terms of telling things, for example.

Ah, he’s younger, and he’s a dominating boy. I can’t beat his flaming spirit and his tendency to talk to people. He blabbers even in front of strangers.

And I don’t?” Wendy asked.

“Maybe because you are a good listener? It seems that when I talk to you, burdens on my shoulder lifted off from me.” Mark smiled.

His smile made Wendy gulped her saliva as she’s gazing him deeply.

I see. No objection then. I’m also comfortable talking with you.” She replied with similar smile to him.

And why is that?” Mark creased his eyebrows this time.

Because I like you, stupid. Wendy said inside her heart.

Well, I don’t know. Maybe because you are a boy….?” She hesitated, thinking that her reason wasn’t convincing enough.

And?” Mark tried to dig the reason.

And I think there are some things that I need to ask from a boy, I guess.” Wendy scratched her not-so-itchy head.

Like what?” Mark smirked, thinking that he could bring the topic into something interesting for him.

Love life?” Wendy hesitated.

Yours, or them?” He pointed at the two lovebird who now playing with their lips.

Aish.” Wendy muttered, taking Seulgi’s blanket (that she used to cover her body) then covered both of Seulgi and Jaebum. “Thanks, Wan-hmppfh.” Seulgi said before being ‘devoured’ by her boyfriend.

Mark laughed then said, “Don’t make any sound, kay? I don’t want to see articles about you two on Internet, yet.” Jaebum poked his thumb out for a few second before putting his hand back inside the cover.

Let’s continue, shall we?” Mark then looked at Wendy, again, deeply.

Hm yeah, sure. From where?” Wendy asked, trying to waste time.

The reason of why you are comfortable with me.” Mark said.

Oh, that. Yeah, as I said, it’s because you are a boy. There are things that I can’t ask or tell to girls, especially Irene. I felt we have a generation gap.” She joked.

Uh, huh.” Mark reacted, but his tone cue a dissatisfaction on her answer.

Uh, yeah, I think it’s because of that.” Wendy tried to end it as soon as possible.

No other reason?” Mark asked once again.

Nope.”

I see.

 Silence surrounded both of them, as they were looking for a new topic to talk about.

So…” Both of them spoke together, then they both laughed because of that.

Ladies first.” Mark said.

Um, I don’t know where to start.

Start saying what you’re feeling about me.” He gave her a hint.

What? Really?” Her reaction made Mark chuckled.

Like, ‘I love you’, maybe?” He looked at her eyes deeply when saying that three words, making Wendy gulped her saliva, once again.

Or…” Mark cupped Wendy’s face with both of his hands, then moved his face closer to her ear, whispering, “I love you.

Wendy froze. Did he just say that three words? Does he really mean it? She thought.

And I mean it, Seungwan-ah.” He said it again, this time, their faces are close enough that their lips almost met.

Wendy couldn’t miss his eyes, as his hands still cupped her face. She felt that his eyes showed a trembling moment for one, two second. She smiled and said, “Me too.

Hm?” Mark replied. “What?

What’s what? I love you, too.” Wendy felt that her cheek was burning.

Mark let his hands and head away from Wendy. Then he smirked, saying “So, today’s our first day?

Wendy gulped again for umpteenth time that she was speechless.

Seungwan unnie~, Seulgi unnie~” A voice can be heard from far away, cutting Wendy’s answer that was already on the tip of .

Oh, Yeri-ah.” Seulgi, who took off the blanket that covering her and Jaebum, answered.

We were looking for you for 10 minutes. The show is almost finished.” Yeri pouted.

We?” Jaebum asked.

Yes, we, hyung.” Bambam tried to catch a breath, possibly after long run.

And why are you out of breath?” Mark asked.

She’s running like a loose chicken, hyung. Crazy girl.” Bambam knocked Yeri’s head.

Hey, it’s your suggestion that we should look for these people.” Yeri pouted.

Oh ho. I smell something fishy here.” Mark said, using English this time.

No Bambam. I forbid you to date a minor.” Wendy complied with Mark’s teasing.

What!? I’m a minor too.” Bambam reasoned.

You’re not a minor.” Mark changed back to Korean, so the other three can understand the conversation.

I forbid you to date a minor.” Wendy said it once again.

Wait, unnie. Why is your face so red? Are you sick, unnie?” Yeri pointed to Wendy’s face.

Oh really?” Wendy nervously asked back. “Maybe it’s hot in here.” She fanned herself.

I’ll tell you later, Yeri-ah. It’s a big news for us. Let’s go back first.” Seulgi suggested, making Wendy chuckled nervously.

Yeah, let’s go back first. Bye Mark, see you soon.” Wendy walked away from Mark, taking Yeri into her arms and walked faster than usual.

Yah, wait for me.” Seulgi gave Jaebum a goodbye peck before running toward Yeri and Wendy.

What did you do to her?” Jaebum asked Mark, after the girls were far away from them.

Today’s our first day.” Mark calmly said while walking to their waiting room.

Jaebum and Bambam can only look at each other, confused on his answer.


A/N: So wild, isn't it? XD

Anyway, this is the first oneshot. You can request for other pairing. But I'll post when I feel like posting it.

The reason why I do this is because I need to brush up my writing skills while trying to come back with two other stories that I intended to finish this year.

I hope you like it and drop your thoughts on comment below. Thank you for reading :)