death valley

myunggyu 101

something's up today, everyone quieting down and it's so out of character that myungoo in a breath of anticipation.

"a new student will be joining your class, be nice to him."

it's more of a threat than anything else and a few croaks of curiosity fill the air until a sharp look is issued that chokes it all.

"you may come in now."

and he does.

"this, is kim sunggyu."

myungsoo drops his caculus book on the floor.

sunggyu picks it up for him, eyes bright and breath stale.

"you dropped this."

"yeah."

myungsoo breathes out, a small hitch in his breath as he tries his best to stave off a seizure or something similar and embarassing.

"you're welcome."

sunggyu says with a small quirk of his lips, as if he's expecting something - which he is - and myungsoo remembers.

"thanks."

"you're very welcome."

myungsoo shivers.

 

*

sunggyu claims he doesn't know the way home from school. myungsoo knows it's bull.

but while caught between sunggyu's body and his desk he just cant say no.

myungsoo's pretty sure he would have agreed anyway.

"meet me at the staircase."

"okay."

and then he's gone.

myungsoo sighs and sinks to the floor.

*

"why are we sitting outside again?"

myungsoo goes to town on his homemade sandwhich with leather gloves on and his nose red.

crumbs land on his black muffler along with a small piece of lettuce.

"i can't smoke inside, now can i?"

sunggyu lets out a puff of smoke through lopsided lips and myungsoo curls his nose.

"why me though."

something nasty crosses the elders face and myungsoo gets up from his seat.

"sit down."

myungsoo sits down.

neither says another word.

myungoo is ing freezing.

*

his friends are avoiding him. both his gaze and his presence.

so he ignores sunggyu.

from the first class until the last bell and then a little longer cause he makes it all the way onto the pavement before he's shoved aside.

"what the ?"

it's a question but he decides to gloss over that minor detail.

"what the hell is with you."

" you, hyung."

sunggyu laughs, loud and sudden and redirects his fierce scowl to the small cluster of people staring at them.

they hurry along the street.

"i'm going to ask you one more time. what the hell is with you?"

the elder looks muderous as he leans in until their breaths mingle and myungsoo's mouth tastes stale.

"what did you tell my friends?"

myungsoo is shaking but there's enough chill in the air for him to blame it on the cold.

"to stay away from you."

he shoves right past sunggyu, uncaring of the possible concequences because his rights have been violated and he wants to cry.

myungsoo should never have looked twice.

*

sunggyu disappears.

not from school but from myungsoo's side and personal space.

"i don't miss him."

myungsoo hisses to himself but it's a lie and everyone knows.

he sees sunggyu smoking just by the schools main entrance with hoya from the year above them.

dongwoo is with them too when myungsoo inches out the building and waves at him.

mature as ever myungsoo ducks his head and hurries past.

sunggyu doesn't say a thing.

*

they both seemingly move on but no one else is harassed by sunggyu and no one else is stolen away from the world.

myungsoo feels dumb for being naive enough to become a slave to attention when no one else seemed to budge.

he's over it - he tells himself at least - but his eyes always search and when his friends talk he just never listens.

he's only otherwise occupied at lunch, nose drooping into his food.

"dude, sunggyu's staring at you again."

"i don't care."

it doesn't even sound convincing to himself.

"he's coming inside."

"so?"

"he's headed this way."

myungsoo tenses the second the words register but it's doesn't matter, it's over and sunggyu is dead to him.

he feels a light tap of fingers against his shoulder.

"we need to talk."

myungsoo still can't say no.

*

they're on the rooftop and it's so ing cliché that myungsoo can't help but guffaw incrediously somewhere behind his thick scarf.

sunggyu just sits himself in the middle of the tiled roof and rests with his palms flat against the cold flooring.

"sit."

myungsoo sits.

"you're still whipped."

sunggyu says it likes its a casual observation but it's actually really degrading and myungsoo wants to get up.

but he just can't and so he stays seated.

and lets his go numb as he waits.

"i think i've let you roam off your leash long enough."

myungsoo swallows.

"e-excuse me?"

"you heard me."

sunggyu leans a little further back and looks so very smug with the setting sun slashing across his face.

he looks sinister.

"you're mine."

with a thudding heart, myungsoo parts his lips to deny, deny and deny that claim.

"???"

sunggyu gets up with his lips curled into something so very unkind.

myungsoo gets up too because he thinks he should.

sunggyu's fingers find purchase in his collar somewhere beneath his scarf and myungsoo thinks this is it.

then they kiss.

 


a/n: ahahaha jesus christ how long has it been since i've actually written something for this? well over a year i recon, and this is a very bad compensational piece to make up for all that time but this was begging to be written and i feel that making it overly detailed or elaborating too much would break away the magic of it. i really like this ficlet { i'd claim it to be a drabble but it's far too long for that, haha sorry guys! } and i hope you guys enjoy reading it too even though it's rather short.

i can also reveal that i am working on a chaptered myunggyu fic, but i have plans and oral exams in the near future so it may be put off for a bit but i'll do my very best to finish it up in reasonable time. it should be around 1O-12 chapters { wow so many } and my first chaptered anything of that kind of lenght. wish me luck!