Creepy Stalker

Beautiful Stranger

It’s been a week since Hui Hui gave Kris her weibo. Kris messages her a lot on weibo and even when she doesn’t reply him, he still messaged her on a lot of things. The content of his message doesn’t contain only empty talk, sometimes he would talk about the things going around in the world and his thoughts on those things. He also shares about his dreams to her too. It actually amazes Hui Hui a bit that even though he didn’t look like classy or clever, he sometimes share similar thoughts with Hui Hui when it comes to the issues around the world.

 

Hui Hui reach out for her phone in her bag when she hears a notification sound. When she take a look at it, it is a notification from weibo about Kris sharing a picture of them together when they were kids with the caption, “mom finally found a picture of us together!” but she decides to ignore the notification and put it inside her bag again.

 

Hui Hui arrives at the lab at Peking University where she’s working at and proceed with her work. She put her phone on a silent mode to focus on her job. Hui Hui always arrives early than her other lab partners. She was raised in a family where punctuality is very important. That is why, she hates it when others are late and just can’t find herself liking those people at all. She will be early or right on time, but never late at all.

 

Hui Hui watches and give a fake smile as one of her lab partner arrives. She is not close to any of her lab partner. Their relationships at the lab are just acquaintances. None of them are really close to each other at all. Hui Hui only wishes to finish her PhD as soon as possible. It’s not like she’s being obnoxious but when she first came to the lab, none of them really welcomed her or was friendly to her. They had a welcoming party but everyone went home right after having a few drinks, not really welcoming her to join in as a lab partner.

 

Hui Hui look out of the window of her lab and she saw someone that look like Kris passing by twice. She blink her eyes a few times wondering if she saw things wrongly or it really was Kris. She walk towards the window to look carefully at the person if he ever pass by again. Then, as she expected that person pass by and wave at her with his phone. He then signals her to look at her phone. She went to her bag and reach for her phone and only then she realizes that she actually receives a weibo messages from Kris telling her that he wants to have breakfast with her and that he will be waiting for her near the lab.

 

H: Why do I have to have breakfast with you?

K: Well, because breakfast is very important!

H: That doesn’t mean I have to eat with you!

K: If you won’t, I’ll keep on standing here until lunch and ask you again for lunch

H: You won’t do that

K: Why do you think so?

H: Because I believe you’re not that stupid to wait so long like that

K: Maybe I am?

H: That’s just rude!

K: Am I now? You were the one who rejected me?

H: I am busy!

K: No one is here yet, how are you busy? And you said you came an hour early?

 

“Hui Hui, who is that?” Hui Hui almost jumped when someone asked her a question from behind. Hui Hui look at her lab partner and sees that she is still carrying her bag.

 

“Are you going somewhere?” Hui Hui ask her lab partner a different question to avoid answering her.

 

“Oh yeah, I’m going to have a breakfast with my husband. The professor said he will be a bit late today, right? So I thought, maybe I can take this chance to have a comfortable breakfast date with my husband.” Her lab partner said.

 

“The professor is going to be late? How come I didn’t know that?” Hui Hui asks suddenly feeling a bit angry that she is not informed about this at all.

 

“He had an emergency so he called me when I was on my way here and asks me to put up a notice in the lab that he won’t be in until later in the afternoon,” her lab partner said.

 

“Oh, so that’s why I don’t know,” Hui Hui said finally understanding the situation.

 

“Hui Hui, do you know the guy outside? He keeps on waving to us?” Her lab partner asks. Her name is Anna, who despite not being close to, was actually the first person to say hi to her when she first came to the lab. Anna is actually in her mid-thirties and is the oldest person in the lab besides the professor.

 

“No, not really. Just ignore him. Maybe just someone weird people around,” Hui Hui said while rubbing behind her neck.

 

“They really should be careful of who they let in the campus ground. Anyway, I’m going now and Hui Hui, make sure you have a lot of rest before the professor comes!” Anna said and leave the lab.

 

K: I just read the notice your friend posted. See, you are free!! Let’s have breakfast!

H: Why should I trust you? What if you ended up being a or a thief?!

K: Then, you choose the place with a lot of people and I will just follow you.

H: If I say no?

K: I’ll be waiting here for you until you finally come out.

H: You’re a creepy stalker, do you know that?

K: Well, just to you J. So?

H: FINE BUT ONLY THIS ONCE!!!

 

Hui Hui furiously grab her bag and put her phone inside her bag again. She close the door to the lab and start walking slowly, not really wanting to meet Kris. She really don’t have a problem with Kris but she don’t like it when someone forces her like this. Besides that, Kris also looks like a creepy stalker with him being at the places she is at and also finding out things about her. But she is also hungry because she didn’t have her breakfast yet and she thought to herself, what can a simple breakfast do any harm?