Three Years Ago

Break Down

Yuna was hungry. “NO!” she whispered to herself, taking a bottle of water and began to drink. Beside her, Chorong was watching over her.

“You look so pale! Are you sick? Don’t you eat again?”

“No, I’m OK.”

“You’re lying!”

Yuna turned her face. Chorong forced herto sit down on her chair, “You’re doing another weird diet program, aren’t you? How many times I must say ‘don’t listen to them’?! Now tell me, what did you eat yesterday?”

Yuna grinned, “Erg…, a portion of salad… and mineral water.”

“Are that all? How long?”

“A week.”

Chorong’s eyes widened. Only a portion of salad and water weren’t enough for daily activities. Yuna had been crazy! As a close friend, she knew exactly that her madness came because she was too much giving attention to the naughty girl companion’s talk in their class.  

“Sorry....”

Yuna put her chin down. Chorong felt sorry.

“Sorry, Yuna.... Now eat, please? I got your favourite chocolate bread,” Chorong took a pack containing a slice of bread. Yuna refused at first, but she immediately opened the pack of the bread when she saw Chorong glancing at her sharply.

“Eat it, Yuna.”

“How about you?” Yuna gave it back to Chorong. She knew that Chorong didn’t bring another food but the bread, not even money.

“I’ve eaten more than a portion of salad today. Come on! You look like you’re almost dying of hunger.”

Yuna chewed the bread slowly. Chorong smiled. Ah, if she knew… two hours after, Yuna threw away it in the school toilet….

*****

The little girl rolled her lychee-seed eyes anxiously. At first she only decided to return her sister’s comic in her bedroom, but the scenery she saw there made her trembling with fear. Medicine packs and some pills were seen untidily on the table.

“I shall forget it,” she put the comic on the table and went out. On the way back, she incidentally met her mother.

“Oh, Yuri! Your sister just phoned me that she will come home late today. She’s used to go to the bank.”

Her mind went back to the room. The medicine… what happens to my sister?

Chorong covered immediately with both hands. She was amazed by Yuna’s beauty. Yuna didn’t look like the victim of harshly diet. How could the diet run well without affecting to her health? Did she find another method? Or….

“Yuna, you… are so beautiful. You’re changing.”

Yuna smiled broadly, opening her lunch box. There was lettuce-and-tomato sandwich, and she was handling a bottle of water. Chorong looked at her, confused.

“I haven’t got breakfast.”

“You’re now eating more than a portion of salad today. You’re slighter…. The diet succeeds, doesn’t it?”

“I think so,” Yuna drank the water, “I wanna go to the toilet.”

Chorong got curious. She searched down Yuna’s bag. Her heart was fulfilled with horror when she found a pack of pill and a piece of paper – an advertisement of a beauty clinic – inside her pencil case.

*****

XYB, originally derivated from Galaxy Boys, started from their first debut at….

“Ah, another rookie boygroup?” Yuri muttered while she was reading her sister’s new magazine. She heard a car honking in front of the house.

Yuna arrived home, but she looked weak, almost lifeless. She was accompanied by two of her friends.

“She was found unconscious in the school toilet,” explained one of them, “again.”

*****