Chapter 1

Time to Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I guess you must have known why I call you here, right?”

“Yes, Sir.”

“Good, I don’t need to explain any further to you. Ever since my beloved wife passed away I only have my daughter as the sole reason why I still live in this world. I love her so much. I spoil her to death, giving everything she wants and dreams about. Until… it’s slowly taking its toll on me.”

 

 

Clear sky, sun out, fresh crispy air, and chirps of birds vaguely could be heard amidst the not so silent morning in the town. The street wasn’t as busy as it was in the afternoon. People gradually left their place to move on with their life, hoping for a better day to come and change their world.

A shiny white Audi was parked right in front of a restaurant, catching attention of a few people around it. After a few minutes the car door was opened, revealing its owner. Like car like owner, a breathtaking lady got out of the car and was immediately greeted by the gentle breeze, tossing some of her beautiful brown strands into her face as the sunrays kissed her skin. Wearing floral blouse and a mint pencil skirt with her satchel clutched to the side, she walked confidently towards the restaurant.

Everyone got their eyes on Seohyun as soon as she stepped into the warm place but she couldn’t be bothered by that. She scanned the whole restaurant and when her eyes caught a familiar face sitting in the corner near the window, she immediately forced a professional smile onto her features as she approached the person. Realizing Seohyun had come into his vision, eyes lightened up and a wide grin spread across his face as he looked at the elegant woman.

“Good morning, Mr. Jung” Seohyun greeted the man when she got in front of the table.

“Good morning to you too, Seohyun. And please just call me Yonghwa, I’m not that old to be called Mr. Jung,” he joked and the latter just smiled it off.

“Have you ordered the menu?”

This morning was just like another boring morning for Seohyun. She was invited to have breakfast with one of company important colleagues, using friendly invitation or business meeting as an excuse for their actual intention to court her. Seohyun wasn’t stupid. Graduating as valedictorian, she knew exactly what these men wanted from her. But she wasn’t interested of having a serious relationship. The reason? Simple, she hadn’t found that special person yet. And don’t get her wrong. She accepted this offer because this man had a big influence on his father’s business. Such a shame if she let this chance slipped from her hands. Besides, her main priority for now was managing the company by herself without the intervention of her father.

Yeah, Seohyun wanted the company for her own. She didn’t like the way her father ran it, his methods were way too old. She had new methods, definitely more efficient and brilliant compared to her father’s. She was sure with her supervision she could bring the company to its golden state but for the time being she must follow her father’s instructions.

 

 

“Have you prepared the document I asked yesterday?” Seohyun questioned her secretary, Nam Yeonhee, through the phone as she entered the building. Strange. Usually she was always greeted warmly by the employees when stepped into the building but this time they looked surprised and nervous seeing her face. Diverting her eyes from one person to another, she sensed something fishy here even when she got into the lift no one dared to come in. Well, it wasn’t new but still the people who came out of the lift deliberately avoided her eyes as they bowed their head out of respect. Okay, what’s happening here?

“U-uh… Yes, Miss. I have prepared it for you. I- it’s… uh… it’s… uh…” answered Yeonhee, stuttering.

“It is what, Yeonhee?” Seohyun asked again, getting impatient by seconds.

“Uh… it is… it-”

Before she could finish her sentence, Seohyun cut her off. “Never mind. I almost reach the office.”

What’s wrong with everyone here?

Unbeknownst to Seohyun, the answer was waiting in her office.

 

 

Reaching the floor of her office, Seohyun found herself stupefied as she looked at a few men exiting her office while bringing out her stuff. Walking past Yeonhee’s desk without giving her a spare glance, Seohyun immediately went into her office to see what was happening.

“What is going on here?” she asked to the men in her office, “Hey put it down!” ordered her to the men who were lifting the office sofa however they just ignored the female. “Didn’t you hear me? Put it-”

“Who are you?” Seohyun was cut off by a deep voice from behind. Without missing a beat she turned around to face the owner of the voice. Squinting her eyes at the sight before her, she was greeted by a lanky man in grey suit. Seohyun was tall for a girl but this man was way taller than her, maybe the top of her head just reached his chin, of course with the help of her heels. The face of his wasn’t familiar to her but she could safely say he was a little handsome. Well, a little. A little way too handsome. Seohyun mentally slapped herself for thinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter