Red against White

Red Against White

I sat up on my bed. I glanced around the room and found myself alone. Pushing myself out, I strode towards the living room. Minhyuk was sitting comfortably on the sofa but I could not seem to find the rest. I walked to the kitchen and the other rooms and all of them were empty.

“The rest has gone home for the Christmas eve next week,” I stopped mid-track and turned to him.

“All of them?” Minhyuk glanced back to me over the sofa and nodded his head. I stood there dumbfounded. So that means that I would be alone with him. It seems that his family had gone overseas for the holidays. I felt bad for him because I understood how it felt. My own family too would not be home for Christmas. However the thought of being alone with Minhyuk for the next two weeks made my heart skipped a beat. I looked up and realized that he was still staring at me, hard. I spun on my heels, wanting to run away from his immense gaze, I accidentally walked straight into the wall right beside the door to the kitchen. I heard a loud thud before stumbling backwards. My forehead started throbbing as I groaned. In a flash Minhyuk was in front of me. I felt his hands removing mine away from the red bump on my forehead. It was like as if the low temperature of the weather outside had frozen up every limb of my body as I watched him examined the bump.

My eyes nearly went out of the sockets when he leaned forward ever so closely and blew onto it. My heart was beating inhumanly fast. His chin was grazing slightly against my nose which made the blood rush up to my face at the sudden closeness. My breath hitched in my throat when I felt a warm pair of lips pressing gently onto the sore spot. I could not move an inch as he slowly travels back down and gazed into my eyes. I melt into those soft captivating brown orbs. It was hypnotizing. It was like as if time had stopped and it was only just the two of us. The way his eyes held mine, I could feel hope bubbling inside me. I felt my feelings soar and my heart slowly healed the old wounds. Did he see me the way I see him? Was his heart beating for the same reason mine was? When he leaned forward my hands flew up instinctively to rest against his chest as his scent allured me closer to him. In an instant my eyes fluttered close when his nose touched mine. It felt like hours as I waited for the moment I have always been waiting for.

“Be careful next time,” my eyes snapped open just in time to see him smirk as he backed away from me and walked to the sofa before giving his attention back onto the show that he was watching on the television. I stood there dumbstruck. I had been fooled by his charm and kindness or whatever that was, once again. My knuckles turned white as I tightened my fists. Fury and depression flowed through my veins like poison, eroding my broken heart. I stomped my way into the bathroom in a hurry just in time to hide myself from him before I bawled my eyes out. I leaned myself against the sink to support my weak knees. With every breath I took, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Lifting my head up, I stared straight at myself through the mirror. I grimaced at what I saw. I hated the person staring back at me. I growled at how stupid and naïve I was to believe even for a second that Minhyuk would actually reciprocate my pure feelings for him. I punched the wall just inches away from the mirror. It was then that I heard the loud knocks on the door. It was calm at first but when I did not answer or open it, he started banging and calling out my name. It pained me to notice how I found my name to sound so beautiful when he was the one saying it.

I swallowed up the agony and hid away the sorrow as I inhaled a deep breath before opening the door. Minhyuk stumbled in and grabbed onto my shoulders, peering into my face and kept on asking me if I was alright. I did not dare to lift my face up to look at him, afraid that my wall would crumble. Instead, I felt his finger on my chin and found myself staring straight into his eyes. My gaze locked onto his. I could see worry and concern swimming at the brim of his eyes but as I looked closer I found pity underneath. And just like that, I broke down.

“Yukwon ah, is everything alright?” I gritted my teeth after hearing him asked me that. I scoffed which caught him off guard.

“Like you ever care,” I hissed before slapping his hand off my chin and turned to leave but he caught my arm and spun me around to face him.

“What? What’s wrong with you? Did you hit your head a little too hard back there?” he said. I glared at him. My mind was not in its right state hence I did whatever on impulse.

“Yeah maybe I’m not okay. Maybe I did hit my head a bit too hard, THREE WHOLE BLOODY YEARS AGO!!!!” I yelled at him, yanking my arm out of his grip. He was totally knocked out of his socks. His mouth hung open, shocked at what I had said. But I could slowly see his concern slowly dissolving into frustration.

“What the hell are you yelling about?! You’re not making sense!!” he shouted back at me. My blood boiled and my whole body felt hot. I was panting at the sudden rage that took over me. I was upset, no; I was disappointed in myself for letting my heart suffer so much even though I knew such love would never blossom between us.

“You know what? I think you’re just confused. Your forehead is still red. Go and rest,” he said, his voice lowered. I could hear that he was tired of dealing it with me hence he had given up. He gave me a last look before walking past me, heading for the door. I turned to stare at his back in misery.

“I regret falling for you,” I whispered softly, feeling the sharp prick at my heart. He turned his head to look straight at me. His eyes were dark and hard. I could no longer take it. When I saw his face, the last of my guards fell.
 
"You don't understand what I've been through….YOU BLOODY HELL WON'T UNDERSTAND AT ALL!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I felt my anger burning the last of my patience. My face was flushed and I tightened my fists. Minhyuk was glaring at me. His eyes were burning deep into mine as if trying to dare me into saying something else. It was rather terrifying and intimidating but I could not bear to show him anymore of my weakness, I did want to hold on to whatever pride that were left in me. He took a careful step towards me. I took a step back. He saw it and stopped where he was. After a minute pause he took a long strode and in a flash, he was standing directly in front of me.
 
"Listen to me Yukwon ah--"
 
"NO!!! I've had enough of listening or even watching you silently from the sidelines while you go around hurting my heart!!!!" I cut him off. I didn't want to hear anymore from him. No. I wouldn't allow him to speak. I don't want to just fall at his feet over a simple word or sentence that he said. No. I'm never gonna allow myself to be that foolish anymore. However, the tears that were flowing out non-stop spoiled the image. No matter how strong I tried to put myself out in front of him, my tears just won't stop rolling. My heart was pouring out the deep emotions I felt for him.
 
He reached out for my face but I swatted it away. I won't let him touch me. No, never again. He gritted his teeth at my sudden reaction. He grabbed onto my shoulders and I thrashed around. I punched hard over and over again onto his chest but he still held tight.
 
"Yukwon listen to me--"
 
"NO!!! JUST GO AWAY!!!! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU JUST LET GO!!!!" Minhyuk's grip on my shoulders started to hurt as he tried again and again to catch my attention but I never did give any to him. I was in so much pain. My heart was literally throbbing at how close he was to me.
 
"I loved you for over three years!! THREE WHOLE BLOODY YEARS!!!! And to know that you won't ever reply it hurts!!! It freaking hurts Hyung!!!! I can no longer bear the pain just leave me alone!!!" I punched his chest once again. I bit my lip as I closed my eyes and with whatever strength that I could find, I pushed him off me. He staggered backwards at the gesture which had won me some time to escape from him. I dashed straight for the door and out, not once glancing back at him. I just need to get away from him.
 
I could hear him running after me a few meters behind. I ran. I ran as fast as my feet could carry. No one could understand my feelings and it hurts even more when the main person that my feelings were meant for didn't too. I pushed the door to the building and straight out into the cold winter breeze. I shivered realizing that I was not in the right attire to be standing out in the cold. I was only in a wife beater and track pants. The snowflakes felt like sharp needles as it scraped against my bare arms and face, creating small cuts here and there as I sprint. However I could not care less as my main focus was to be as far away as possible from the man I love with all my heart. My name was called over and over again. I could hear it over the wind but I did not dare to turn around. With every step I took, my feet were slightly buried into the deep white snow, slowing me down. Yet I never gave up.
 
"YUKWON WAIT!!!! STOP!!!!" I still continued running no matter how much my broken heart yearned to follow Minhyuk's instructions. Without thinking I ran across the road, not caring to look out for any oncoming cars. I stepped onto the pavement just in time to hear him yell out my name with so much desperation that I actually stopped in my tracks.
 
"KIM YUKWON!!!! HAVEN'T YOU THOUGHT THAT MAYBE I'VE BEEN LOVING YOU TOO??!!!" he yelled ever so loudly. I froze at his words. I slowly my heels as I saw him on the other side of the road. His cheeks were red from both the cold and the run. He was panting and so was I but our eyes never once left from one another. His gaze held strongly onto mine. But what mattered most was that he had just said that he loved me too. I could feel myself smiling as he too started smiling along. I saw his lovely dimple even from across the road.
 
I then took a step closer towards him. My heart started beating again. I could not believe it. Lee Minhyuk loves me. My heart seemed to be pulling me towards him and I knew that both of us want nothing more than to just be in each other’s arms. I was smiling widely when a sudden loud honk was heard.

“YAH YUKWON LOOK OUT!!!!” I turned my head to the direction that he was pointing at. My eyes met with a blinding pair of headlights and another loud honk blasted into the cold air. My mind was empty as I stood rigid on the spot. I gasped.

“I guess this is it…I love you Minhyuk…” I closed my eyes as I waited for death to hit me. In an instant I felt myself being painfully flung into the air at the same time when I heard the loud crash. I rolled across the cold hard floor, scraping my arms and elbows. I lay still on the ground, tasting the metallic copper liquid on my tongue. I dared not move. It seemed like forever when I finally felt someone approached me.

“Hey there, are you alright?” I opened my eyes to stare at a middle-aged man looking down at me.

“I-I’m still alive?”I gasped in disbelieve as I began roaming my hands around my body but groaned when I felt my arms wet and sticky.

“You’re lucky. If not for that man who pushed you out of the way, the car would’ve crashed into you instead,” I lay there staring at him, absorbing what he said. One word stood out the most as it starts beating in my head; instead. I sat up. My head spun as I started to slowly observe the scene that unfolds before me. I was on the pavement just inches away from the wrecked car that had threatened to take my life away just a second ago. I pushed myself up to my feet with the help of the man. It seemed that everyone had gathered to crowd around something that was a few meters away from where I was. I craned my neck to see what the thing that they were looking at was.  It was then that my eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar mass of light brown hair that I could recognize from anywhere. It was Minhyuk.

My mouth fell ajar. My body was stock-still. It was as if time had stopped and I could only hear my heavy breathing. I was rooted to the ground and was beyond petrified. I staggered forward as I pushed my way through the crowd. When I managed to go through, I observed him. His hand was in a distorted position and my heart burst at the sight before me. I fell down to my knees beside him as my eyes began to get blurred out by hot streaming tears. I grabbed onto his hand and the sudden coldness made every inch of my body shiver. His eyes were still wide open but they were empty and held no light. I could see his last tear trail down the side of his face and onto the snow. I screamed in agony. I yelled out his name, calling out uselessly for him to come back to me.
 
"LEE MINHYUK!!! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME ALONE!!! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME JUST AFTER YOU TOLD ME YOU LOVE ME!!! DON'T YOU DARE!! LEE MINHYUK WAKE UP!! PLEASE.....I love you" I sobbed into his chest as I fisted the front of his shirt. My whole body was covered in his blood as I lay my ear against his chest in hope to hear even the faintest of his heartbeat.

 

He was beautiful...

He was charming...

He was perfect and all that I ever wanted.

My love for him has never faltered.

And I miss him dearly…

 

His blood flowed out from the huge deep gash on the back of his head. The liquid flowed quickly across the cold winter snow.
 
Red against White

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you sooooooo very much to my wonderful subscribers and readers who had been very patient with me:>

Sorry if I disappoint you in any way>,<

I love you guys and hope you guys love my story too^-^

I'm still new and all but if any of you want to request any other pairings...I would love to try my best and create an interesting story for you!

hahaha

THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL COMMENT PEOPLE! ! BYE-YEOM!