Chapter 6 - The Anniversary

My Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pinky's P.O.V

 

Today is an amazingly special day for Chaeyeon and I… It’s our one-month anniversary.  Ever since we confessed our feelings to one another, we've been happily dating ever since. 

 

This morning I randomly woke up and glanced at the clock on the desk beside me. The time was only 5:00 am when I noticed an object beside the clock which wasn’t there last night. It looked fairly bizarre; A cell phone that did not belong to Chaeyeon or myself. The device didn’t have a recognizable name brand such as Samsung or Apple either. It seemed incredibly unique, like it didn't come from this world.

Out of curiosity, of course I had to pick it up and turn it on.  Unexpectedly, it started glowing and a familiar face beamed up from the device in a bright holographic form.

"Good morning Pinky!" Siyeon greeted from the device with her typical and cheerful eye-smile.

“Long time no see-”

 

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

“WHAT THE !?" I screamed in fear as if I saw the devil or something.

Oh no… Please… Not her.  I can't face her right now, especially when I’m dating her older sister that she told me to guard with my life, not with my lips.

I shut it immediately off right away and started to tremble.  I had to make sure that Chaeyeon did not see this or she'll be freaked out too.

At the exact moment, I heard a soft and cute mumbling voice. "Mmmm... Pinky what are you up to...?"

I turned over to my left and of course that voice belonged to my beautiful and perfect girlfriend who is staring at me with one eye open while rubbing her other eye. She still looked pretty sleepy and was soon about to wake up. But I had to stop her from doing so she doesn’t discover what’s going on.

"Oh!”

“Sorry for startling you babe.” I replied with an apologetic face.

"It's nothing at all.”

“P-Please just go back to your beauty sleep alright?" I expressed with tenderness while rubbing her arm in circles and then lightly giving her a peck on her cheek.

She responded by giving me a light smile, a nod and then closed her eyes tightly.

Hehe she's sooo cute.  Ugh… Now to deal with Siyeon again.

I tippy-toed out of Chaeyeon’s bedroom trying my best to not make a sound, closing the door ever so carefully. Then I walked fast-paced down the stairs as quietly as possible and made it to the living room.

Right now I was anxious about what on earth was going on.

I took 20 deep breathes and finally decided to open up that strange device again.

"A-Angel Siyeon..."

"Are you still there???" I whispered.

Siyeon's hologram lit up once more and right away I noticed she had an angry face this time.

Man, she really is a two-face.

"Yah!!!" She shouted so loud that my eardrums began to hurt.

"I can't believe you shut me off like that!"

"That was really rude of you Pinky!" Her face was pissed, but it looked kinda cute.

I figured just like a regular phone it should have volume buttons on the side of the device and shockingly it did. I lowered the sound so Chaeyeon could continue her peaceful sleep.

 

"Ah… I’m sorry Siyeon but can you please keep it down!?"

"So you're the one who sent this device eh?"

"W-W-Why...?" I asked, hoping she won't scold me for dating her pretty unnie.

 

"Yes of course it was I who sent it." She confirmed proudly.

"I really needed to have a chat with you Miss Pinky"

 

Aish… She probably wants to send me to hell instead.

“Go on.”

 

“Do you remember how your Guardian Angel training is supposed to last for just 1 year?" She asked.

 

"U-Umm yeah? I think so..." I replied.

 

"Well I've decided to cut it in half!”

“The plan for you is to have about 5 months left to protect Chaeyeon now okay?" Siyeon stated in the most cheerful voice thinking she was delivering great news or something.

 

"WHAT!!! NO!!! WHY???"

That's not fair!

This would mean less time for Chaeyeon and I to be together.

My face wore a darker expression and I was dead silent for a couple of minutes.

Why the heck is she telling me this on our one-month anniversary?

This has to be some sort of joke or maybe even revenge.

"Um... haha."

"Is it because I'm dating your sister and you totally hate me now for it?" I spoke up in despair.

 

Siyeon laughed at my idiotic question.

"Of course not."

"Listen to me Pinky."

"I understand you care deeply for my sister, and I'm so grateful for that."

"You've been taking care of her very well so I applaud your efforts."

“But let's face it Pinky-ah..."

"Have you forgotten that you’re going to become an Angel?" 

"And that Chaeyeon is a regular human?"

"You can't be together forever, especially when you already knew that once your mission was completed, you would be joining me back up here to enter the Gates of Heaven.”

"Besides... My unnie is the one that will be heartbroken once she's all alone again."

 

Siyeon made a valid point.

I started to tear up when I realized the aftermath because I didn't want to leave the girl that I utterly adore all by herself...

"So you’re basically saying it's my fault?"

"Because I blame you for this mess if I’m going to be honest." I retaliated, clenching my teeth and fists.

 

“Calm down Pinky.” Siyeon responded.

 

"Siyeon… Why did you have to send me to her...?”

"Angels don't watch over other Angels." I stated.

 

" It was my mistake, I-I'm so sorry." Siyeon replied avoiding my eyes.

"Gosh, If I knew you two would have feelings for each other, then I wouldn't have sent you to her in the first place..."

“Also I didn’t exactly know she even swung the other way before I died.” She plead.

 

"Hmph.”

“Well, I'm glad you acknowledge that it's your fault." I said, whilst annoyed.
"If I protected someone I wasn't attracted to or didn't have feelings for at all, this would've been smooth sailing for me..."

 

"Vent all you want, but again I really didn't know you guys would develop such strong feelings in such a short time period." Siyeon seemed genuine in her apology even though it was through the hologram.

She continued, “But you only told her that you'd be her Guardian Angel correct?"

 

"…Yeah.”

 

“Did you even ever tell her that it'd be only for one year?" Siyeon asked.

 

. I did not tell her about that part.

I'm so screwed…

Chaeyeon is going to hate me forever and I can't bear losing her.

"Uhhh yeah. Not exactly..."

“I might’ve left that part out.”

 

Siyeon sighed, "Alright, well then I recommend you telling her the truth soon."

"You know... That you'll be gone in a couple of months, It's the right thing to do okay?" Siyeon suggested.

 

"Is it?”

“Is it really...."

I suddenly growled and rapidly smashed the device to the ground and it was shattered in pieces.

It was not my intention to hurt Chaeyeon at all.

I can’t tell her the truth just yet or it'll ruin everything we have... Please let me be a little more selfish.

Since I love her so much and want to spend the rest of my life with her, I guess part of me blocked out the memory of me having to be on earth with her for only a year.

She really doesn’t deserve to be treated this way, but sadly I can’t help it.

 

*****************************************************************

 

8:00 AM

Pinky was in the kitchen giving all of her love and attention to Chaeyeon's puppy while waiting for the scrambled eggs and bacon to cook properly.

 

Chaeyeon's P.O.V

 

I had woken up from the sound of the alarm. Today was a special day.

I started stretching my arms and realized that my clumsy girlfriend, Pinky was not lying in bed beside me.

“Hm.”

“Pinky…?”

There was an amazing smell of bacon and other goodness coming from downstairs.

Aww she must be cooking for me. How sweet of her!

I got up, brushed my teeth, washed my face and changed into an Adidas white tee, running shorts, then tied my hair up in a messy bun.

"Good morning cutie." I greeted with a humongous smile.

 

“Morning pretty princess!” Pinky replied back with sparkles in her eyes and the corners of sliding upwards. She suddenly walked towards where I was standing and squeezed me in her arms. I really treasured her hugs, they always gave me butterflies in my stomach.

“Are you hungry?” She asked, raising an eye-brow.

 

“Always.”

“It smells and looks scrumptious!” I giggled.

 

After we finished eating the delicious breakfast that she prepared, Pinky went back to playing with my puppy by throwing a tennis ball to the corner while Fluffy runs to retrieve it back and they repeated this process over and over again.

 

Hmm strange. She’s not being very talkative with me today, of all days.

Even though she used to be obsessed with me… Hmmm no way she forgot about it right?

Today marks one month since we started going out did she know…?

I decided to for the tormenting and making me wait all by myself.

"Hey Pinky remember that time you came to confess to me?

“You were so adorable bawling like a baby."

 

"My love, how you can be so awful!?" Pinky replied and finally her attention was on me.

"Please don't bring that up anymore."

"You know that I’m crazy about you Chaeyeon."

"I’ll always be..."

Pinky got away from Fluffy and sat down beside me where I was sitting on the couch. She put her hand on my thigh and gave me a seductive gaze.  She looked like as if she was about to kiss me. I closed my eyes and waited for it to come.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1-?

Hmm?

I… I don’t feel anything.

Patiently waiting for that babo's lips to touch mine and then I suddenly heard her giggling.

When my eyes opened, I saw that Pinky actually went back to playing ball with Fluffy yet again...

Is she being serious right now?

Right after teasing me like that!

*Grumbles* Why does she seem like she likes spending time with him way more than me now…?

"Wow Pinky…”

“Do you really like Fluffy that much?" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

 

"Yup." Pinky answered with her adorable cheeky smile, then continued to do nose kisses with Fluffy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter