its been a long dream

Hold me in my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: It’s been a long dream

Word count: 1.9k 

(beta-ed) 

    

~O~

In his dreams Baekhyun is being cocooned by arms of someone he can’t see, he should feel scared or alarmed but strangely he feels complete, content and happier than he’d been these past two years. Peace, that’s what he feels. The feeling that he hasn’t been able to feel since he woke up in that empty hospital room two years ago. His heart felt empty then, as empty as the walls surrounding his hospital room with it’s bleak and dreary colors meant to heal patients, but is doing the opposite to him.

Baekhyun knows he’s sad, but he doesn’t know why. Somehow these strange dreams have him keep on going. They give him strength to face the day, his employees, his business partners, his parents and his doctor. Enough for him to give a fake smile and pretense of happiness to appease everyone that cares for him.

So Baekhyun snuggles deeper and closer trying to inhale a scent he expects from deep in his mind to be there but he can’t reach it.

Baekhyun looks up hoping this time that he’ll see the face of the man holding him and giving him solace every time he closes his eyes. It’s always been covered by this white smoke that makes him feel frustrated every damn time.

How can he look for him if he doesn’t even know his name or even what he looks like? It’s been two years and he still can’t see his face, sometimes if he concentrates enough he’ll get a glimpse of a set of jaw and then full pink lips and just when he’s starting to get hopeful he’ll see his entire face his head starts to hurt so bad. Pain so bad he wakes up more frustrated that he was the other day.

Baekhyun has been practicing in controlling his headache and now he can see these two features somewhat clearly without feeling any pain. So he tries to concentrate more, this time the lips of the man holding him starts to smile, and he feels a weird fluttering in his heart from the sight.

He can do it! This time he can see him fully! He can see what he looks like today! This time he won’t stop. Baekhyun cheers himself inside. Nearly there….

Jaw….

Lips….

The start of his nose….

Just a little bit more…..

 

~riiii...nggg….~

 

A sudden ringing from a distance disturbed his concentration and he’s slowly drifting away from him. Baekhyun tries to hold on to his dreams. Tries to hold him closer.

But like any other instance that this has happened it doesn’t work.

 

He wakes up with a groan and reaches up to his alarm clock, the one that disturbed his sleep for the nth time now. Sometimes he wants to destroy it so that it won’t disturb his sleep any longer but he can’t. He wants to live in his dreams forever, if he can. In there, he can have peace and solace but that’s not possible. He has a job to do as the CEO of his family’s company and he has people depending on him so being selfish wouldn’t result to anything good.

So Baekhyun resigns himself to his fate, stands up and prepares to take a shower. The remnants of his dream slowly slipping away into reality.

~oOo~

In another household a thousand miles away from Seoul, another alarm is also ringing and this time it isn’t unwelcome. A hand shoots up from under the blanket and reaches for the clock to turn it off, next to come out of this cocoon is a head with messy bed hair and almond shaped eyes still half asleep. Chanyeol stretches and yawns in his bed for the next five minutes and out of instinct he tries to reach beside him only to come up with nothing. It’s been four years and he still does this every morning, breaking his heart every single day. They did say old habits die hard, Chanyeol just learned it the hard and most painful way.

This realization truly wakes him up, sobers him from his post-slumber haze. It’s been four years since he’s been able to hold Baekhyun, his love. He stares longingly at the space beside him and thinks about the what ifs and the could bes. What if Baekhyun’s still there beside him right now? They could’ve been a happy family, him, Baekhyun and their little ball of sunshine, Chanhyun.

Another shrill ring of his alarm takes him back to reality, another day to face, another day to try to be complete. The door of his room opens and he meets those adorable puppy eyes that he loves so much glaring at him.

“Daddy! You’re already awake?”, cue the cutest pout in existence. Chanyeol sits up an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter